Sebastian Vettel

A
True but you could argue that Michael didn't really have to work too hard for a lot of those championships.
nd lets not forget a few dirty tactics along the way e.g. Damon Hill at Adelaide, Vettel has shown decent pace when the car has been off the pace like in Abu Dhabi 2010, but he struggles to compete without locking up or smashing into the guy he's trying to overtake.

Oh my...I've just seen an interview with Vettel from after the Brazil 2012 race. He basically blamed Bruno Senna for the first lap crash and then said, and that's the deal breaker for me, that he'll have to go the grave of Ayrton Senna and tell him what his nephew did...smirking.

This guy has no respect, I think. First this "I feel like Senna in 1991!" radio from one year ago - dude, seriously: Senna did a hell of a job to even keep the car on track when his gearbox died. You did nothing compared to that. And exactly one year later there's the next bad joke about Senna.

If the people on the grand stand heard that he'd have never left the track alive, I believe.

Oh my...I've just seen an interview with Vettel from after the Brazil 2012 race. He basically blamed Bruno Senna for the first lap crash and then said, and that's the deal breaker for me, that he'll have to go the grave of Ayrton Senna and tell him what his nephew did...smirking.

This guy has no respect, I think. First this "I feel like Senna in 1991!" radio from one year ago - dude, seriously: Senna did a hell of a job to even keep the car on track when his gearbox died. You did nothing compared to that. And exactly one year later there's the next bad joke about Senna.

If the people on the grand stand heard that he'd have never left the track alive, I believe.
Well said, if i'm at Silverstone next year and he crashes out I won't be giving him my comiseratons through the catch fencing to keep it simple, if he had any respect at all he should look up to his elders, especially an elder with more talent than anyone else will ever possess :mad:

I'm just watching the Brazil race again and despite me not being a fan of Vettel one thing came to my mind: it's been his 5th full season ('08, '09, '10, '11, '12) and his third title - that's not a bad quota, isn't it?

Even when he was with Toro Rosso in 2008 he managed to win a race, in Monza, in a vastly inferior car. Once he got to drive a better car in 2009 he immediately made it up to 2nd in the WDC, 11 points short of the title. Everyone knows what happened in '10, '11 & '12.

I, for one, realised that he's not just a lucky boy. I'm still not a fan of his, even with this on my mind, but I can accept that he's probably our best shot to see a German driver on top in Formula 1.

His taking about Senna is still inexcusable.

I agree with you Tom but We are yet to see Vettel's True skills. I believe we saw a Glimpse of it in SPA and Brazil (I'm not counting Yas Marina). He was Forced to Fight through the Grid. I really think he improved his overtaking compared to 2010 Season. but Still as a Person he need to get matured.

I am no familiar with how the discussion is going :D i came just to mention that i too love Vettel.
Schumacher retired and i looked up on the grid to find proper replacement :p
So in US 2007 watching the race with friend of mine we hear the commentators talk about some young boy that was driving in F1 and actually living with his parents :D
We said: "This guy must be living his dream all we can do is satisfy in front of the PC! Just dream about F1, imagine one day ... he is champion!" The race was finished and i went to look up on the internet and i remember seeing that name somewhere before! I remembered! That was the same 16 year old kid that was driving in a F1 car on testing sessions and was faster than Nick Heidfeld and his teammate then i cannot remember who it was. Then i said "he will be great!"
2008 Monza GP came :D he took the pole, he won the race and that's it :D

From there on i was Vettel's fan!

Schumi's baby! How i use to call him :p

Here is some my picture for him

485051_10200100466860939_2071082694_n.jpg

but Still as a Person he need to get matured.

Actually as a person he is more mature than everyone else. I am on twitter and i can see Button Alonso Hamilton posting things etc. I never saw Vettel to post something or comment another thing. I think he is just focused on winning. As H.Marko said, he ignores everything, he is down to his job and only he is thinking on the next race. This year i think Vettel created itself as FULLY ALL-round driver in any sense.

For me everything is relative...what i wanna say is that, it's not that Vettel didn't knew how to pass in 2010 but he was in more or less competitive car with some problems and on occasions he went pushing hard or underestimate some situation and did what he did, like crash with button, on the other side he was very strong mentally and won the Abu Dhabi with great margin!

2011 people started saying that he was not knowing to drive in the middle. How is that possible? It's possible and very likely because people never saw him drive in the middle that season. He was again, strong as hell mentally and drove nearly to perfection that season. For once i felt once again like Schumacher when he was dominating the sport.

2012 he proved everyone was wrong. And i dont need to name the GP's where he proved that.
As for 2011 once more. People said he doesnt know hot to pass and actually he passed Alonso with 2 wheels barely on the grass with 260km/h ! That reguires two pair of balls instinct experience and skills ...

Actually he can blame Bruno, cause very same Bruno was not only then but in numerous occasions as guilty or made stupid actions. For example, if he wasnt braking as hardout in Spain we might saw Schumi made his 92 win in Monaco, just maybe.

I am not saying Bruno is guilty and the guilt is totally his but there is very big part he played and other part Vettel played, that was Vettel's cautios approach in the final race so he was found little more than usual away the P1 more in the middle of the pack.

And about following Webbers time in a car working 100% he was driving a car without 3rd or 1st gear i cannot remember. And in some way, yes he did the same thing as Senna did. Only he Vettel then allowed Webber take his first win that season. It would be embarassing that Vettel had even 12 and Webber in identical car NONE. Thats just how fast and how great Vettel is

I am not saying Bruno is guilty and the guilt is totally his but there is very big part he played and other part Vettel played, that was Vettel's cautios approach in the final race so he was found little more than usual away the P1 more in the middle of the pack.
100% Vettel´s fault. You can´t expect people to go off track because Vettel is on the road.

It wasn´t very catuious either. Just turned in without looking and wrecked 2 guys out of the race after just 3 corners.

Dusko Avramovski Mate you don't know how much i like Vettel but i still say he needs to be Matured in some parts
He still doesn't know how to talk in right way like swearing in Abudhabi podium or in Austin Press Conference.
Because one wrong Statement will haunt for entire life.

U actually thought about swearing on the podium :S what about James Hunt boxing acts out of the car smoking cigarettes swearing etc. Thats the way of F1. Thats the glamour thats the spirit that's the fight. I think nothing is going haunting him ... but i respect your opinion and in kinda way you are right. But i would more agree about his sometimes nervous behavior like saying "This Formula 1 nowadays is really ridicilous" After Hamilton passed him in Austin. Relating on the DRS and KERS for which for some point i agree on too. Like another moment when he was pointing out at Karthikeyan in Malaysia but we have all seen those things. Middle finger of Coulthard to Schumi in France, Fight between them in Spa 98 and Prost Senna and from the beginning of the Formula 1 history. But maybe he just need to think twice before blaiming someone else... i dont wanna see him end up like Alonso shouting at Petrov for not letting him pass to take the title! What a loser!

100% Vettel´s fault. You can´t expect people to go off track because Vettel is on the road.

It wasn´t very catuious either. Just turned in without looking and wrecked 2 guys out of the race after just 3 corners.

I respect ur opinion but i cannot be agreed on. I think Bruno just went maybe too much into the apex but nvm. That's history. What was obvious that just a little bit harder and that could cost him the title.

And all i can remember is that my balls freeze !!! :D

I say it was 80% vettel's fault and 20% bruno's fault. he was Cautious a bit but he want to take the Line like no one is there and Senna came to the Corner by crossing Diresta under breaking. It was deemed as a First lap incident so happened is happened.

Reactions: Dux
To get this discussion back into the right thread

But on the other hand, he is perfect in way of driving, in strategic moves, when to push when to spare the car, when to be agressive when to calculate things.
We are still talking about the guy who tries to get the fastest lap at the end of the race and pushes the car for no reason just because of some statistic that isn't even telling anything in today's F1?
That is by the way the same guy who often chose to ignore his team when it comes to that point.

We are still talking about the guy who tries to get the fastest lap at the end of the race and pushes the car for no reason just because of some statistic that isn't even telling anything in today's F1?

I am so happy someone pointed that out!

Just because of that he proves his stability, even going on the wire. His mental toughness his supreme condition his great skills and his determination to succeed and devotion to the cause. Greatest now around

PS. when i meant strategic guy and very clever i didn't mean to follow team orders. He is not Alonso, he is Vettel.
He is maybe less clever doing such things with high risk or maybe he was so comfortable and sure he would do it. I call that courage, something Senna would understand. About being strategic he knows exactly what to do where he is while driving in top speed, and the team radio does not influence his lap times. In 99% he is next Schumi ... and don't forget...he is only 25!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back