Sebastian Vettel Wins Controversial Malaysian Grand Prix

I think the controversy started when Vettel tapped his brakes on the first lap, second corner and Alonso ran into the back of him

Lol

Yeah man Vettel is a genius, first he takes out Alonso in a brilliant fashion and then he ignores the team orders and overtakes Webber like a BOSS. Now he´s got comfortable 22 points lead with over his main rival.

Schumacher done it in 1994 (crashing with Hill). Senna done it in 1990, crashing to Prost on Purpose etc etc.

Sometimes you got to use dirty tricks to win Championships...

LOL :rolleyes:

I want to respect Vettel because I think he is a race phenom and can push the car like no other - but sometimes he is such an immature pleb it drives me crazy. Clearly the Red Bull team told Webber to hold back while Vettel pushed on and used that to his advantage. If I'm Webber I don't listen to a damn thing my engineer says from now on because Vettel clearly isn't. And yes Vettel brake checked Alonso at the start of the race - OBVIOUSLY. Still one hell of an entertaining race.

Great race up until the Mercs had to slow down. Vettel will have lost a faie amount of respect for that move. I don't like team orders and would rather they weren't there but to take advantage of them like that is not the mark of a champion. Webber had tired the line whenever asked but Vettel has thrown that in his face today. Can't wait for the next race, all gloves off I hope!!

It would be interesting to know what people would think of the Vettel/Webber situation if we didn't have access to the team radio messages. Most likely it would've looked like a fair battle for the lead and some awesome racing.

I want to respect Vettel because I think he is a race phenom and can push the car like no other - but sometimes he is such an immature pleb it drives me crazy. Clearly the Red Bull team told Webber to hold back while Vettel pushed on and used that to his advantage. If I'm Webber I don't listen to a damn thing my engineer says from now on because Vettel clearly isn't. And yes Vettel brake checked Alonso at the start of the race - OBVIOUSLY. Still one hell of an entertaining race.
totallee agree,,,if the team didnt ,sort this out afterwards
it will cost them in future races
no more control over their drivers

difficulty is ,seb is championship material ,webber isnt
so hard to decide for them
end of the season ,seb might need the points to beat Alonso
and webber only is good for a few race wins every season.

tough call

You do realize that your first paragraph completely invalidates your second one, right? :rolleyes:
it was 4 am when i typed such thing i think so idont care.
u missed the point.

1st paragraph had nothign to do with the first one since 1st paragraph was a generalization

and 2nd one had to do with post race actions and or ideas. #read.

face it people, Vettel could of easily braked checked Alonso. just saying alonso had a faster start.

also dont forget that Webber was flying, Vettel couldnt pass him until he turned that engine down.

man that guy has no respect for orders, team principals orders, a total dick move, and people wonder why I hate him. Malaysia 2013 was pure proof of why. He is more arrogant that Alonso used to be, and a simple apology wont fix things, Webber ought to just ruin RBs this year and leave to another team or try a different motorsport.

Nobody brake checks F1 on first lap first/second turn. That is just idiotic, it doesn't take a lot to ruin your own car, nobody does that, nobody has done that in the last 20 years (or more, i can't remember a single event of that happening.) Suggesting that Seb caused Alonsos front wing is simply not true. Alonso was unlucky, they often have only centimeters to spare, he got it wrong.

Nobody brake checks F1 on first lap first/second turn. That is just idiotic, it doesn't take a lot to ruin your own car, nobody does that, nobody has done that in the last 20 years (or more, i can't remember a single event of that happening.) Suggesting that Seb caused Alonsos front wing is simply not true. Alonso was unlucky, they often have only centimeters to spare, he got it wrong.
Alonso breaked checked Lewis in 09 in Bahrain unless the Official F1 review video is plain wrong. Go check history, Vettel is well known for braking in such manners.

Just when we thought we go rid of a somewhat arrogant german we get another one. For him to say "he is too slow" and his fans to suk his By saying " webber is no wc material"

Please let me remind you Webber had his share of wins in 09 with penalties in between.

Was upfront most of the time in 2010, poles in monaco, turkey, etc. Won a british GP with his new wing given to Vettel. He lead most the championship until Singapore when RED BULL decided to change his chassis, a chassis he was extremely comfy in to a Vettel based chassis ( watch singapore gp bbc live coverage for proof).

Yes after 2010 he was ruined, and Vettel went onto win but don't forget his poles in spain, silverstone and germany. He played by the rules in Silverstone when told to maintain a gap AND did not overtook his team mate although he did remain close to make a point.

In 2012 Webber running an older car configuration he went and overtook and outperformed Vettel in Melbourne quali, Malaysian GP, Chinese GP (that penultimate lap move which i cheered) , Pole in Monaco with the same updates as Vettel and led the whole way. In Valencia his car started having issues while Vettels magically didnt and this carried on.

At Brazil he did fend off Vettel, im sure he didnt want him to win, but he played by rules of his team when asked nicely to let him through.

Malaysia he led after his pit stop...only to be overtaken by Vettel when they wer both supposed to be in same engine mode. If this was a way of the team to cover up a sneaky team orser move in order for Vettel to win then a poor decision on them, but i hope is not the case.

Mama Horner needs to get a new backbone cuz that kid cant even follow orders.

Yes let them race, yes they are race drivers, but honor the orders given to you and your teammate.

my skip barber got a make over :)
image_car.php

Alonso breaked checked Lewis in 09 in Bahrain unless the Official F1 review video is plain wrong. Go check history, Vettel is well known for braking in such manners.

Had to look that up, it was 08 and without telemetry, that was not a brake check, lewis ran on his ass plain and simple. There is just way too much carbon in the back, bits and pieces and the most important aero device, the diffuser. But this is off-topic, i still have to say that no one has brake checked anyone in modern F1. As a driver, it's the most idiotic thing to do, risking your own race for possible lucky situation, specially when you're in front. Stopping at the apex, Vettel does that a lot, it's also risky and i agree that if he did it in that place, it's effects are exactly the same as brake check.. But you have to be a fool to stop-at-apex in the first two turns.. You can only use that (stop-at-apex, you tap your brake or go deliberately too slow in a place where there is only ONE racing line so the following car has to let go off throttle right at the point where you usually start to floor it. Doesn't apply when there is two or three cars side by side, then you can slow down one car but lose on all the others. Two benefits when done right: 1. makes your own exit better and thus negates some or all of the tow that's bound to happen. 2. it makes the following driver to lose his cool.. It's really frustrating move, it messes your rhythm, expletives are known to spew out.. But brake check is different tactic, it's literally meant to scare off the other driver and is done on straights and chicanes. On straights you lose your position if the follower reacts fast enough or is too far away, it's really really risky (WTCC and similar classes DO have this done really really often but they have bumpers and more importantly, they have BRAKE LIGHTS... without them, you can't bake check...)

So if Vettel brake checked, he must be an idiot. If he stop-at-apex in T2, lap 1 he is also an idiot. But most likely, it was nothing special. I'll bet he didn't look at the mirrors until T3.

I don´t think he brake checked him, i think Alonso got loose and did not have time to stop the car.
Possibly that Vettel waited a split second longer to get on the power so as to decide when everyone can hit the gas.
You can see it a lot in racing (i´ve done it myself in simracing)
It´s a way for the guy in front to dictate when to hit the throttle and get an advantage since the guy behind will never hit the throttle at exactly the same time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%