Alright when was that again.....?

Great story but as the saying goes "You cant teach an old dog new tricks"I think Jimmie will struggle on the road courses but could get some wins on the ovals.A pity it is not Jimmie at his peak about 5-6 years ago.

I am done with Vettel since Azerbaijan 2017, i still dont get why this subject was just dropped and he got no penalty. But his action there already showed how easily he gets frustrated when not driving the overpowered car and/or is just losing. Still im looking forward to see him with a new teammate and how he compares. :whistling:

I am done with Vettel since Azerbaijan 2017, i still dont get why this subject was just dropped and he got no penalty. But his action there already showed how easily he gets frustrated when not driving the overpowered car and/or is just losing. Still im looking forward to see him with a new teammate and how he compares. :whistling:
Ummm he was penalized a 10 second stop and go during the race which is the max penalty during the race plus he was docked 3 points on his super license.

Not a bad move for Vettel. RP has been trending better than Ferrari and he moves from the number 2 to the number 1. Although having an owner's son as your teammate isn't ideal.

It's a better landing spot than Haas and Alfa. Not to mention getting away from Ferrari should serve him well.
Speaking from experience, there is no greater critic than your parents. I once got 97 in math and my father's only reply was "why didn't you get 100%"
For the sake of Aston Martin, it's shareholders and beyond, Lance will have to step up but I know that if the team says move over for Vettel, he will or Sunday night dinner won't be something to look forward to. I am a big fan of Checo but he and Ocon squabbled all the time and ignored the team's wishes. That might have been an issue with Vettel teaming Perez. I don't think it will be with Lance.

But his action there already showed how easily he gets frustrated when not driving the overpowered car and/or is just losing.
that goes for Hamilton atleast to the same extent.
Bono my tires! while driving a car that is so far ahead of the rest.

and remember his Mclaren years when he was a whiny baby all the time, wanting to retire cars etc.

these guys have above average careers and for them not being at the top for a couple of races can be extremely demotivating.

Or who are you kidding which driver would be happy to be treated like Vettel this year has by Ferrari? strategies to on purpose destroy any chance of a good result? not to mention the engine.

btw, Vettel got a 10 second penalty for his action in Baku, they didnt let him off the hook.

Ummm he was penalized a 10 second stop and go during the race which is the max penalty during the race plus he was docked 3 points on his super license.
License points are not really a penalty and a 10 second stop and go is a joke after deliberately driving into another car behind the safety car from my understanding. But i think that incident has just shown how he really is behind his joking and being the nice guy. That was the point i was trying to make.

Speaking from experience, there is no greater critic than your parents. I once got 97 in math and my father's only reply was "why didn't you get 100%"
For the sake of Aston Martin, it's shareholders and beyond, Lance will have to step up but I know that if the team says move over for Vettel, he will or Sunday night dinner won't be something to look forward to. I am a big fan of Checo but he and Ocon squabbled all the time and ignored the team's wishes. That might have been an issue with Vettel teaming Perez. I don't think it will be with Lance.

I think this depends on the parent. Some parents are hardest on their own kids; some would rather cut off their own leg than criticize their child.

But I'd imagine Lawerence is more likely than most owners to give Lance an equal or better footing to the #1. Especially considering Lawrence essentially bought the team so his son could have a seat. And I don't fault either of the Strolls; it's their money and I'm sure if I was an up and coming driver and my family's money/connections could help; I'd be a fool for not taking that help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elo
that goes for Hamilton atleast to the same extent.
Bono my tires! while driving a car that is so far ahead of the rest.

and remember his Mclaren years when he was a whiny baby all the time, wanting to retire cars etc.

these guys have above average careers and for them not being at the top for a couple of races can be extremely demotivating.

Or who are you kidding which driver would be happy to be treated like Vettel this year has by Ferrari? strategies to on purpose destroy any chance of a good result? not to mention the engine.

I think that's part of it; but it's also that these guys are unimaginably competitive, they can't be as successful as they've been without being that competitive. You can call it whinny, but at the end of the day they want the best of everyone and everything that can help them win races. And once they've had some success they know they can demand that. I'm sure Russell and Kubica were unimaginably frustrated with Williams last year; but they know they haven't earned the right to complain.

Meanwhile, you saw Alonso openly bitch about McLaren and Honda a few years before.

I expect Aston Martin will release a Limited Edition Vettel spec DBX with his name stitched into the seats and some tweaks to the suspension and then release a press video of him doing kung fu - Oh hang on that's already been done by Infiniti :roflmao:

screen268.jpg

stonks-template-768x576.jpg

Last edited:
License points are not really a penalty and a 10 second stop and go is a joke after deliberately driving into another car behind the safety car from my understanding. But i think that incident has just shown how he really is behind his joking and being the nice guy. That was the point i was trying to make.
That depends on whether you think it was intentional. As much as I am not a fan of Vettel, I don't think he made contact on purpose. It looks to me like he was entirely caught up in showing his frustration by accelerating alongside and raising his arm at Lewis that he didn't control the car well enough. Still a dumb move motivated by anger. I believe the rules do allow for larger penalties, especially in the case of purposeful contact, but intent is hard to prove for this one.

Lots of race drivers are genuinely nice off the track and genuinely mean, grumpy, whiny, etc when competing. Sports have brought that out in me at times too. I don't think incidents like this prove that Vettel isn't a nice guy, just that he isn't a nice driver

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 408 39.9%