Seattle Circuit

Tracks Seattle Circuit Version 1.0 Release

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Seattle Circuit - The Classic track from Gran Turismo

THIS IS NOT A FINAL RELEASE EXPECT ISSUES!
Please provide feedback such as AI issues, Performance issues etc, any feedback will be very helpful.

Please do not rate this track low if there any issues - I aim to get them fixed in the final release and the rating can really damage a tracks popularity.

wONF0VI.png

No Replay cameras yet.

If anybody thinks they can fix the AI issues at the top of the hill please give it a go!...

Read more about this resource...

So I'm thinking maybe add a chicane into to the jumps section to limit car speeds, of course it'll be an 'alternative version' and not replace what is currently available. What do people think?
Or an alternative layout with the jumps flattened out a bit?

Some suggestions to make this track perfect:
-please add physic to the railroad crossing
-can you do a reverse version? it's my favorite ;)
btw, those features were in the original version.
On a personal feeling, I thing the second ramp should be a bit less steep and maybe shorter (the one that gives the biggest jump)
Great work and thank you for the memories!

Well several of the billboards are for real businesses, family friends etc. Theres just a few more i need to finalise.

I'm not a fan of giving free publicity to large brands that haven't paid for it! whereas if I can maybe generate some traffic for things that matter to me then why not?
Totally your decision, but using real motorsport brands at tracks is never about free publicity, it's about authenticity and immersion for the player. Fake brands (or even inappropriate or lesser-known brands, eg a shampoo advert at a race track) can really jerk the player out of immersion. Fake brands (and fake lookalike brands in particular) always seem to be aggressively disliked for this reason.

Totally your decision, but using real motorsport brands at tracks is never about free publicity, it's about authenticity and immersion for the player. Fake brands (or even inappropriate or lesser-known brands, eg a shampoo advert at a race track) can really jerk the player out of immersion. Fake brands (and fake lookalike brands in particular) always seem to be aggressively disliked for this reason.

It can't be much less immersive than seeing Nvidia, Thrustmaster adverts etc in a racing game, which scream 'i'm in a racing game' If track-side adverts are so important to you then I'm sure somebody or even yourself can change them to suit your needs, but i'd rather keep it my way for my personal projects.

I aim to remove most of the imitation brands as we get closer to a final release, and replace them with legitimate companies but some of the self promoting ones will stay, it's still a little less in your face than anything simtraxx releases with just endless walls of their logos all over the place.

Also you never know if a brand is going to go rouge and start issuing cease and desist orders against every mod using their logos or anything like that, which is always another concern.

I appreciate you'd like it to be different, so sorry that it's not, I hope you enjoy driving the tracks I make, as that's why I do it.

It can't be much less immersive than seeing Nvidia, Thrustmaster adverts etc in a racing game, which scream 'i'm in a racing game' If track-side adverts are so important to you then I'm sure somebody or even yourself can change them to suit your needs, but i'd rather keep it my way for my personal projects.

I aim to remove most of the imitation brands as we get closer to a final release, and replace them with legitimate companies but some of the self promoting ones will stay, it's still a little less in your face than anything simtraxx releases with just endless walls of their logos all over the place.

Also you never know if a brand is going to go rouge and start issuing cease and desist orders against every mod using their logos or anything like that, which is always another concern.

I appreciate you'd like it to be different, so sorry that it's not, I hope you enjoy driving the tracks I make, as that's why I do it.
It's not about me wanting it to be different and I really hope I haven't offended you as that was never the intention. It's your track to do with as you please, that goes without saying. It's just that I've noticed general negative reactions to fake brands in track mod comments/reviews in the past so just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't considered it. Like you say, replacing textures is pretty simple to do now with CM's track skins option so if anyone was really bothered they can easily do something about it.

I really don't think a cease and desist order from brand owners is anything to worry about with free mods. The whole modding scene is in a lot of trouble if this was ever the case. Paid track (and car) mods normally avoid real brands because of the commercial gain angle, but genuine skins are usually separately available almost simultaneously to circumvent any potential conflicts. I'm not aware of free mods ever having these concerns.

I agree about Sim Traxx. Their OTT branding is grotesque.

It's not about me wanting it to be different and I really hope I haven't offended you as that was never the intention. It's your track to do with as you please, that goes without saying. It's just that I've noticed general negative reactions to fake brands in track mod comments/reviews in the past so just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't considered it. Like you say, replacing textures is pretty simple to do now with CM's track skins option so if anyone was really bothered they can easily do something about it.

I really don't think a cease and desist order from brand owners is anything to worry about with free mods. The whole modding scene is in a lot of trouble if this was ever the case. Paid track (and car) mods normally avoid real brands because of the commercial gain angle, but genuine skins are usually separately available almost simultaneously to circumvent any potential conflicts. I'm not aware of free mods ever having these concerns.

I agree about Sim Traxx. Their OTT branding is grotesque.

Mo offence taken! it's difficult to write in text without sounding like you're coming across with a negative attitude.

@AccAkut any particular part of my post that you disagree with or is it the whole thing? Just curious.
Regarding the fake brands. Maybe it's because of a near decade of LFS with fake everything, but if done well fake brands or other "non motorsports" brands can be just as good as run of the mill Red Bull etc.

Regarding the fake brands. Maybe it's because of a near decade of LFS with fake everything, but if done well fake brands or other "non motorsports" brands can be just as good as run of the mill Red Bull etc.
That's fine but I think you might be in the minority there. Or perhaps not. Who knows? Maybe we need a poll..! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%