Seattle Circuit

Tracks Seattle Circuit Version 1.0 Release

Login or Register an account to download this content
Loving the track so far. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Noticed some minor clipping issues and wanted to report them to you.

IMM53G1.jpg

Clipping too far behind the wall.

4z1F26Q.jpg

Clipping too far in front of the wall.

Keep up the good work!

https://streamable.com/yfwdg

I attempted to make a light config for the map, but I kind of gave up. There were missing streetlights that made parts of the track very dark and buildings were UV mapped weirdly so I couldn't give them emission without making the whole buildings glow in the dark.
Would you be willing to share your work? it'd be great to try and learn how to do this myself, then, going forward the tracks could be set up correctly!

The pits need to be defined as surface in every layout`s "\data\surfaces.ini"

[SURFACE_1]
KEY=PIT

FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

In each track`s model the bit of road for the pits needs to bear the name "1PIT**", not "1ROAD_33" as found in "_reverse" for example. Then it starts to impose the 80 kph limit and the cars are not solid and collidable.

Other different surfaces that are readily available in your track can be defined by renaming the patches of "TarmacLight" and "TarmacDarkPit" from "1ROAD_**" to "1TARMAC_**" and "1TARMACD_**" and giving them a different slight vibration in [SURFACE_2] "KEY=TARMAC" and [SURFACE_3] "KEY=TARMACD".

On the wet layout you might want to set the friction of all surfaces to ~0.85 to better emulate the wet road. That would decrease the excessive tire squeal too.

There is >1GB of repeated textures in the track`s folder now. Better to separate the grids, roads, walls, terrain, buildings and trees into several .kn5 models and change what loads with models_***.ini.
layouts.jpg

The reorganized models (without the skins) you can load from here and spend more time organizing and compressing textures in .dds, please. The track needs more serious work as it easily overfills the memory on PC`s with 8GB RAM. It`s WIP, not "v1.0". And to not come across negative I`m giving you one more little gift in the attachment. Unpack in "..\AssettoCorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\" and try changing the months in Sol.
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_seattle_circuit_29-10-119-2-23-51.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_seattle_circuit_29-10-119-2-24-37.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_seattle_circuit_29-10-119-2-24-2.jpg

Attachments

• seattle_circuit.7z.txt
    950 bytes · Views: 116
Last edited:
Works great in single player mode for me.
BUT I tried using this lovely track on my server, but it crashes regardless which cars I put on the grid. Didn't have this problem yet with many other tracks (e.g. Tyrone's own Lego Speedway, Washington or Cathedral Rock).
The error message I get here is
"Unexpected Error" (in a simple alert box)
and in Content Manager:
vLeNzox.png

Any idea what could be the reason for the error?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back