Seats for Fatso's

Hi ya'll,

I'm planning an aluminium profile rig and trying to figure out what seat to get. As it happens, I'm built like a powerlifter with a love for burgers and beer. Some would say I'm just fat, I say I'm big boned. Whatever. I'm around 5'9" and 260lbs.

I know common wisdom is to just get a regular car seat from the junkyard. Where I live, however, junkyards are expensive. You can get a used seat that looks as if someone died in it for a hundred bucks. Only thing I've found that could be reasonably priced and possibly a nice seat are MX-5 seats. I've seen them as low as 250 Euros in good conditions (but most often they cost more than double that).

I would like to stay below 350 Euros, if possible.

Bucket seats seem like a bad idea. I could probably squeeze into a larger one but how comfortable is that after two hours? But hey, feel free to recommend me one if you know of something you think will fit.

For reference, today I use a Noblechairs Icon with a wheelstand. I sit comfortably in it but I do fill it out. You can see the measurments here:

Oh, and one last thing. It has to be available within the EU.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any tips you can give me.

That's a good looking seat but way above my price range unfortunately.

I'm considering a Beltenick RST-700 or RST-800. I've managed to find them for a fair price. They look pretty good and comfy. Biggest drawback I've found so far is that the logo is so ugly it hurts my eyes, but that's a compromise I'm willing to deal with.
Hi Alexi,
What seat did you end up getting?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back