Seating position help?

Hi guys, recently I have been spending more time sim racing and have encountered some body issues. Mainly legs but lower back is joining the party. I'll get a numb ass after a little while, and recently my legs have become numb and even had shooting pain when heavy braking. I guess this is due to seating position? And lack of cushion? I have a sparco grid seat with lumbar support pad. The pad seems to make it more uncomfortable to sit in. Anyone had this issue and what did you do to get rid of it?
Thanks (sorry if this isn't in the correct part of the forum)

Tbh, I think your issue lies with the seat. One piece racing seat are made for cornering, braking and acceleration forces, forces we experience non off. I know this dosent fit your (awesome) rig, but I went with a simple Ikea Poang chair. It, crucially, supports my lumbar area which makes sure you dont restrict bloodflow to your ass and legs. I've been in all kinds of racing seats over the years and while fine for a real racecar, they suck for simracing imo.

Upvote 0
Like anything, a properly setup seat can be vastly different than an improperly setup one.

You are right that a standard car seat is more forgiving in a lot of situations but I can't think of one where a properly setup bucket seat that fits well is less comfortable. They certainly take more effort. If you are someone that wants a very upright position then I pity you if you got for a bucket seat in a simrig though.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back