PC2 Seat movement file

Hello, hope someone can help - asking everywhere and anywhere. Where does PC2 save the seat moved files - I have moved the seat on lots of different cars to get a better FOV which a universal camera setting doesn't help with and now I need to copy them over to my son's rig so we match.

I tried copying over the game profile files in PC2 documents folder to my son's rig but it sorta messes things up with some things and not others and besides it still doesn't help with the seat thing.

Loving pop's ffb file also

I believe the seat position is saved in the setup files which are stored in "Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\[id]\project cars 2\tuningsetups". I'm not sure whether it's possible to move these setups to another profile, though.

I've now tried copying stuff over from the documents folders including tuning setups but no - just defaults lots of stuff but at least I know now. Thanks for the input!

Hello, hope someone can help - asking everywhere and anywhere. Where does PC2 save the seat moved files - I have moved the seat on lots of different cars to get a better FOV which a universal camera setting doesn't help with and now I need to copy them over to my son's rig so we match.

I tried copying over the game profile files in PC2 documents folder to my son's rig but it sorta messes things up with some things and not others and besides it still doesn't help with the seat thing.

Loving pop's ffb file also
I've been wondering about the seat positioning too, but haven't had time to dig into this. I'm working on another FFB file update along with some other sim projects. I bookmarked a file monitoring tool. If you could give this a try and monitor the steam folders and or the documents folder, I'd imagine the file that's being written would show up. Here's a link to the utility and some more information on it. If you find anything out, please post back.

...btw - I'm glad you're loving my FFB file. I'm still testing and tweaking the next update. I swear it is even better, I keep surprising myself with my discoveries of the underlying SMS engine. What I need to do is go back to the last one and compare. This is something I rarely do, but I just want to make sure I don't #$% something up. What I CAN hint about on this one is, that it feels really connected. The TONE control doesn't seem necessary anymore. All cars always feel like they have some grip. In a few cars, it's almost too much grip (self-centering is way too strong/sharp), but I am contributing that to some error in those cars physics and something modders may need to do to fix those cars. The majority of the cars feel great. The solution to the "bad" cars might be the new function of the TONE slider control.

-Pops

Well, I like the current one but I can't wait to try the latest version! I'm liking the "connected" bit though I gotta say the info' through the wheel with your ffb file is already better than the info i get with Assetto - and I like Assetto alot...

With regards to seating position the info' is held in PC2 documents I think. I did some tests and it always came back to a particular file which also seems to hold the default positions amongst some other stuff but when I open the document I can't do anything with it as I don't understand it and the seating position always default back - but it's sorta random when it does it - it can be after one race, could be 24hrs later, can be days. I'll post back tomorrow with the exact file and I'll have a look at your tool link.

Last edited:
Had a look - it seems to me that the seat position files are saved in "documents/project CARS 2/save game/0000000000 (your folder number)/project cars 2/profiles/default.sav" -they always default there and an up to date date entry is entered when changing seat positions but nevertheless it defaults

I've been wondering about the seat positioning too, but haven't had time to dig into this. I'm working on another FFB file update along with some other sim projects. I bookmarked a file monitoring tool. If you could give this a try and monitor the steam folders and or the documents folder, I'd imagine the file that's being written would show up. Here's a link to the utility and some more information on it. If you find anything out, please post back.

...btw - I'm glad you're loving my FFB file. I'm still testing and tweaking the next update. I swear it is even better, I keep surprising myself with my discoveries of the underlying SMS engine. What I need to do is go back to the last one and compare. This is something I rarely do, but I just want to make sure I don't #$% something up. What I CAN hint about on this one is, that it feels really connected. The TONE control doesn't seem necessary anymore. All cars always feel like they have some grip. In a few cars, it's almost too much grip (self-centering is way too strong/sharp), but I am contributing that to some error in those cars physics and something modders may need to do to fix those cars. The majority of the cars feel great. The solution to the "bad" cars might be the new function of the TONE slider control.

-Pops
What are the bad cars?

What are the bad cars?
If I didn't mention it in other threads, I don't like a lot of the road/streetcars. Granted, I have not test drove all of them as I tend to just stay away from driving them. One streetcar that I did like, but it feels bad with the FFB file I'm working on is all of the Mitsubishi Lancers. Another set of cars that feel bad is the Group C cars. Part of my dilemma has been, do I release this or how do I correct this, when a ton of the other cars feel connected and just right, but the "bad" cars feel extremely connected now***. It all stems from what the developers released for the FFB they had developed. If SMS kept developing and revising the game for a few years and stuck to the DLC business model I wouldn't have gotten involved w/ the custom FFB in the first place. They would or should have updated the physics in these cars.

***I do have a WIP solution, you will be able to adjust the steering directness. I am planning on using an in-game slider for how direct the steering is along with a slider for the SOP adjustment. These two new characteristics are key factors for my next FFB. In all the "good" cars, it feels natural, balanced, and extremely intuitive to drive.

One other thing that I have been thinking of is leaving the FX completely off of this new release. Tracks that are laser scanned or developed correctly have detail and feel amazing. Tracks that have #$% road textures feel flat, like Road America. Great track layout, bad or non-existent road detail. I'm wondering if it would make sense to mute the road details and create FAKE or artificial road details as other games do. I tend to not like the repetitiveness of road details other games produce, so that might not happen either. I've never been completely satisfied with SMS's fx or my fx. Lately, I tend to drive with fx set to zero, but that's just one Pops opinion. ;-]

-Pops
Well, I like the current one but I can't wait to try the latest version! I'm liking the "connected" bit though I gotta say the info' through the wheel with your ffb file is already better than the info i get with Assetto - and I like Assetto alot...
My WIP FFB update, I did a comparison between my WIP ffb file and the latest v2021.10.31 (btw- I assigned v2021.10.31 as custom and my WIP as informative by replacing the existing informative file - worked great w/o rebooting the game). Both versions are really good, but my WIP still needs some work. My current WIP file causes way too much drama on Group C and other cars where the v2021.10.31 works really well with all cars. It also kept with PC2's standard ffb sliders. The added tightness in my WIP and feel doesn't justify its release yet.... I was hoping to have had a release before the holidays, but this flaw will delay this new direction for the time being. It's not like v2021.10.31 is broken ;) Not sure what my next steps are. I have a few ideas, but I'm getting a little burnt out...

Best regards
-Pops

I'm using your 10/11 version and am yet to try your 10/31 one - the latter has 2 variations, which one of these is the one you are most satisfied with. And hey, clearly you've put your heart and soul into it and you've done an awesome job as IMO your FFB file is the best one - maybe you've reached the point where you cant better yourself atm. Enjoy new year's!

I'm using your 10/11 version and am yet to try your 10/31 one - the latter has 2 variations, which one of these is the one you are most satisfied with. And hey, clearly you've put your heart and soul into it and you've done an awesome job as IMO your FFB file is the best one - maybe you've reached the point where you cant better yourself atm. Enjoy new year's!
I am realizing the same thing. The physics can only do so much. I believe I can still improve on things slightly on the FFB. I definitely learned some more things over the past two months, but the FX might have the most notable enhancements available.

My preference on v2021.10.31 is w the FyMz equally scaled. It makes the most sense to me, but I’d love to hear feedback so I can learn.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back