AC Seat Leon TCR @ Nurburgring GP - Fri 13Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys,

great race overall, sadly I was involved in a couple of incidents.
1) @Nuno Rodrigues :you claimed that I hit you and didnt wait for you in Race 1 Lap 2 Turn 1. If you watch the replay I think its more than obvious that I was not even involved in that crash...

2) @Andre Marcos : while fighting Paul Glover you hit me in Turn 11 (Race 2 Lap 3) . Although you and Paul where off Track completely, AND I left more than enough room for you to rejoin the track, you instantly turned back to the racing line. Luckily I did not crash badly because I was able to react. But that was more than uncool. No hard feelings, hope we have a better duel next race.
PS: Not even Nico Rosberg would "defend" that hard ;)

Until next Race.

That was some serious racing. Didn't expect to win twice. Was my first time today in this nice car.

Here's the setup I used...

@Bertje sorry for the first lap touch in Race 1. Watching the replay I think I should've given you a bit more room. :(

Attachments

• R-V1.16-b.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 173
Hey guys,

great race overall, sadly I was involved in a couple of incidents.
1) @Nuno Rodrigues :you claimed that I hit you and didnt wait for you in Race 1 Lap 2 Turn 1. If you watch the replay I think its more than obvious that I was not even involved in that crash...

you are absolutly right about that and i own you appologize and to Dave. I think it was you guys cause u came right behind me.
sorry for my mistake that time but like i said in race for you to continue and dont worry about that any more ;-)

Thanks for the race and I apologize for any contact that I made.

@R.Pike at one point you were out off track and I passed you then I got over the white line completely and released the throttle but you where very slow and didn't make in track yet so I kept moving :speechless:. Was that ok or should I have done things differently?

It's fun getting out there with great drivers, the gap in skill is frustrating but hey we all have to start somewhere. I need to get more comfortable racing with people around me (without causing trouble) I'm so scared of overtaking and defending but the main thing is that I need to get better lap times.

Anybody uploaded their race so I can use it as a reference?

@R.Pike at one point you were out off track and I passed you then I got over the white line completely and released the throttle but you where very slow and didn't make in track yet so I kept moving :speechless:. Was that ok or should I have done things differently?

It's fun getting out there with great drivers, the gap in skill is frustrating but hey we all have to start somewhere. I need to get more comfortable racing with people around me (without causing trouble) I'm so scared of overtaking and defending but the main thing is that I need to get better lap times.

Hey man!
I'll reply to all your questions during the next days! Didn't have the time yet but don't worry, you'll get better and we'll help you with it :)
Here's a short reply with most things already covered.
The main thing you need right now are the replays of the qualifying and races.
Go into your settings and select:
Quality: high
Max size: 1000
Auto save: check
Minimum time: 5 minutes

This way every session that's longer than 5 minutes will get stored and the great thing is: you can watch all other drivers too! With their pedal and wheel inputs!
Most apps aren't working (tire app being black/white for example) and the brake pedal might only show 100% and 0% and nothing inbetween but you'll see the beginning and when it was let go completely.

This way you can just watch the fast drivers practice and try to adapt :)

Also try to hop onto other drivers during practice and qualy. Ctrl + numpad 1/2/3 will make you jump into other cockpits (previous/yours/next). This way you can live view the quick drivers, seeing the big differences at first glance :)

The next two things would be to get telemetry working (acti + Motec i2 pro) so you can really see how your inputs look like and if you get some quick guy to send you his files, you can directly compare the data Black on white!

And the second thing being to have a read through all the links in this thread (ignore Mr deap please. As sorry as I am to say that but he'll only confuse you...):
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/driving-style-and-setup-threads.146106/

You did the right thing mate, I went off track due to my own error so you were fine to continue on :) was a fun race as the TCRs always are!

Hey man!
I'll reply to all your questions during the next days! Didn't have the time yet but don't worry, you'll get better and we'll help you with it :)

This way every session that's longer than 5 minutes will get stored and the great thing is: you can watch all other drivers too! With their pedal and wheel inputs!
Most apps aren't working (tire app being black/white for example) and the brake pedal might only show 100% and 0% and nothing inbetween but you'll see the beginning and when it was let go completely.

Also try to hop onto other drivers during practice and qualy. Ctrl + numpad 1/2/3 will make you jump into other cockpits (previous/yours/next). This way you can live view the quick drivers, seeing the big differences at first glance :)

The next two things would be to get telemetry working (acti + Motec i2 pro) so you can really see how your inputs look like and if you get some quick guy to send you his files, you can directly compare the data Black on white!

And the second thing being to have a read through all the links in this thread (ignore Mr deap please. As sorry as I am to say that but he'll only confuse you...):

Thats a particularly helpful bit of info. Thanks

One thread was missing in the list in that linked thread:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/help-audi-tt-cup-understeer.137655/page-2#post-2515644

It's my summary post on page 2. Feel free to read it all though. Lot of not useful stuff but also some really good advice given!

One thing I'd like to point out:
I always practice the first 10 laps or so without ABS or TC to find the limits of the tires. That way you'll trailbrake a lot smoother and also accelerate way more balanced!
When you then put the assists back on you'll only do two things differently:
1. Brake a lot harder until you start to turn in
2. When the throttle is at around 80% you can just floor it and TC will do the rest without any further need to modulate the pedal

Or in other, more theoretically words: You have to learn how to scrape the edge of the traction circle. And it's a lot easier to find this edge without assists! With assists on one tends to go from 100% longitudinal load to 100% lateral load without riding the round edge of the circle.

Hey man!

It seems like the minimum replay time cannot be more than 120 sec. I'll definitely go throw the links and learn as much as I can.

Thank you very much!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back