AC Seat Leon TCR @ Castle Combe - Fri 20Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was fun, yet again! Thanks for putting it on guys, and my apologies for the late arrival.

Without pratice/quali I put far too much rear brake bias on, so my apologies you @Tricky Dicky , I hit you fairly hard on the 2nd race:(

These cars are a blast:D

Cheers man! You seemed to have some fun with us! :D

Please don't ever slow down during a race. In Qualy when you really slow down like a clear signal that's cool, if you stay off the racing line.
But during a race the quicker driver will prepare his overtake, like falling back on you before a tight turn that leads to a straight. So he will take that corner way faster than you and fly by on the following straight. If you brake on the racing line before that corner he will have to adjust things and might even crash into you.

Just a general thing. Almost happened today again sometimes but it was a great event!! :):inlove:
I'm loving it!
I'm learning a lot and I get better the more I drive along side good racers "show me the road and I will find my own". I just need to stop getting nervous I should have done better, like way better.

No braking for sure I just let go off the throttle while staying away from the racing line and only if it's one car and the others are far away or I'm flying off track :D (It's a hard track for overtaking so I just felt like I had to). If I was braking on the racing then that's just my bad braking zone :roflmao::roflmao:

No worries. I was hardly going to win anyway, was I? I do feel I'm making a bit of progress though. Got lapped a few times but at least have largely overcome my nerves so don't get all flustered and get in peoples way. Thanks for bit of advice given by people too. I need to upgrade my system and especially my monitor which apart from my crap driving is probably holding me back as much as anything. The kids have nicked all the decent monitors for their consoles and I'm left with an old 1680 x 1050 22 inch jobbie. Not the best for judging distances or even seeing the track sometimes, especially with that low sun. The price of decent GPUs seem to be dropping a bit now so maybe I feel a rebuild coming on. :thumbsup:

No worries. I was hardly going to win anyway, was I? I do feel I'm making a bit of progress though. Got lapped a few times but at least have largely overcome my nerves so don't get all flustered and get in peoples way. Thanks for bit of advice given by people too. I need to upgrade my system and especially my monitor which apart from my crap driving is probably holding me back as much as anything. The kids have nicked all the decent monitors for their consoles and I'm left with an old 1680 x 1050 22 inch jobbie. Not the best for judging distances or even seeing the track sometimes, especially with that low sun. The price of decent GPUs seem to be dropping a bit now so maybe I feel a rebuild coming on. :thumbsup:
I'm sorry for the sun angle.. No idea how that happened it was meant to be midday with some clouds! :redface:
The contact in race 2, lap 3 or 4 was on me. I risked a bit to get as close as possible and then you got crowded by 3 cars, John got scared and I couldn't brake anymore :roflmao:
Hope you all can forgive me for that :barefoot::inlove:

When I caught up again it was a really nice pass! You just kept driving as fast as you could and I could really prepare the overtake for a long straight :):thumbsup:
Perfectly fine! To everyone!
Glad to have you with us! :inlove:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for hosting, sorry I bombed out on the 2nd race, but I am having issues with AC over the past week in that my screen goes blank when I exit to the pits. I have to go to Task Manager to stop the program and then normally the screen comes back. Regrettably - this didn't happened so I terminated my participation. Still trying to work out a solution :confused:

Kind regards,

Paddy

Good race yesterday guys sorry I had to miss race 2! had a good few battles in race 1 with Paul, Max and Bastian I think it was? some decent moves and clean hard racing! not sure how we managed to stay from hitting each other round that track..

I'm posting this here because I don't want to start a thread every time I look for help :roflmao::roflmao:
If this is not ok please let me know so I can remove it and never do it again. This was my best lap on the race and wanted to see if anyone can tell me what I need to fix with my driving.

1) First corner I needed to be smoother for sure, brake earlier and release the brake smoother.

2) YES I did cut the second corner :unsure:

I'm posting this here because I don't want to start a thread every time I look for help :roflmao::roflmao:
If this is not ok please let me know so I can remove it and never do it again. This was my best lap on the race and wanted to see if anyone can tell me what I need to fix with my driving.

1) First corner I needed to be smoother for sure, brake earlier and release the brake smoother.

2) YES I did cut the second corner :unsure:

Totally fine! The event threads are meant to be a place for nice discussions, advices etc :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%