AC Seat Leon TCR @ Cadwell Park - Tuesday 29 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Only six drivers but it was a blast, everybody gave respect to there fellow driver, which you need to do on such a narrow track.

Next week is something totally different, something I have never done before, we will be racing some fast road cars, should be lots on fun ..I hope to see you all ..it will be next Wednesday (back to Wednesdays)

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ..it was a pleasure racing with all of you :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting on tonight's event @Craig Dunkley , amazing combo - wish we could use this car more more often.:whistling: ...And this track with the XBow, Formula Ford or Mini, the mind boggles:inlove::inlove:

Huge thanks also to everyone that took part - although @Johnny Stathoros should be ashamed for harassing an old git in the 2nd race:p I've only just stopped shaking:laugh:

Seriously though Johnny, thanks for being such a gent on such a tough track to pass, great though fair racing. I'd decided for this track, not to defend too hard unless it was the last lap ('cos it does end in tears, and I'm happy with any good finish usually!), so for the last lap the only thought I had was "make him go round the outside", so I hope it was in the bounds of fairness for you.

Felt bad for you @Erik Axelsson when I saw you'd spun at the mountain (2nd race), you'd got the race in the bag - that section bites so many in the arse:ninja:

Last edited:
Great track, Craig! But next time I think I'll take a bike. So narrow with tricky turns. Not much time for practice so it was learning on the job, concentrating on not making mistakes. In the second race I was at pos 2 when I tried to brake with the clutch pedal in turn 4:notworthy:. It didn't work! It must have looked strange for @Medilloni who was close behind at that moment. Managed to finish 4th with my first 1.32! Quite happy with that! :)

Thanks for organizing as always:thumbsup:.

Great combo Craig...i've never driven the leon cup before so it was a pleasant first experience...i liked the car right away on my first lap in practice and i hope we can use again sometime...the track is very nice to race on but it's hard to overtake since there are very few places to do so...I was surprised to take the pole in qualifying since i struggled to put in a clean lap at the beggining but in the end it all came together...In the first race i was a bit lucky to break away a bit from @Erik Axelsson and @Medilloni after the first couple of corners and i managed to hold it together till the end and took 1st place(very very very happy about that :) ) even though in the last laps @Medilloni was putting good pressure on me...In the second race i was again lucky in the first corner since i avoided a car that has spun around ( don't know who that was )...After that i was chasing @Erik Axelsson who was in front and just as i caught him i managed to lock the brakes at turn 5 after the long downhill - uphill straight and went off in the grass...hopefully i managed to stay away from any walls and didn't have any damage so i resumed immediatelly and found myself behind @Medilloni .. we both then started hunting down Erik but it seemed as though we wouldn't be able to catch him before the end of the race since he was doing a very good job maintaining the lead and the gap..but then at some point in the second to last corner we saw him outside the track on the left waiting to rejoin the track ( kudos to him for being such a gentleman and rejoining safely back on track ) Finally in the closing stages of the race i managed to catch @Medilloni but i couldn't find a way past him...i tried everything i could but his defence was really good and fair i might say ( since you asked me John i didn't see anything foul on the way you were defending...it was totally clean and i enjoyed our battle very much :) ) so i finished 2nd after him... To conclude i really enjoyed the session and the combo...and thanks @Craig Dunkley for another amazingly organized AC club race :) :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%