Seat for my recently purchased Sim Lab P1 Rig?

Hi, I am looking for a seat to fit for my recently purchased Sim Lab P1 Rig (Wheeldeck version).

I am 6' foot 1" (185 cm) and 18+ Stone (117Kg) and 50+ years old with a budget of circa £150.
I like to drive Open wheel and GT sim cars (Fanatec DD1, CSPV2, 1.5 shifter and handbrake + Rseat rig. Currently using the Rseat as my current Seat on the P1. With Intention of moving to Heusinkveld sprints/pro as soon as I can)).

I think, I am after a secondhand (out of date) bucket seat?
What seat should I be looking at for the P1, do you think and why?

I see a local OMP trs-e X1 extra large (steel framed) for sale etc.
Is Steel framed better or worse, than Fibreglass?

Should I be looking for a reclining bucket seat for open wheel?
What about Side or Under seat Mounting options, do they both work well with the P1?

How do these work with the P1's Pedal setup, raise or lower, slide in or out? I occasionally have other drivers on the Rig, but not often.

Can I attach my Tactile Transducer to the seat directly ?

Thanks for your suggestions

For that budget you'd need to be looking used. I haven't used a lot of seats myself, but I own a Sparco Rev II and a SimLab GT1 chassis. The seat is fantastic. It cost me around 700 AUD so it's probably out of your price range but if you can find something similar on eBay, perhaps a used replica as opposed to a genuine race seat, you might be able to stay in budget.

Upvote 0
I second the Sparco Rev II. Its very very comfortable and you forget you are in a bucket seat which is exactly why its so good. Im 6'2 and 14 stone. A youtuber called Raging beard also has this seat and it was after talking to him that I chose it.

Just so you know the Rev II is the larger version of the Rev. Forgot to mention I have a P1 aswell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a somewhat similar size to you and have a Sim Lab GT1 Evo, I ended up using a sporty seat from a street car (BMW E36). For us larger gentlemen the street seats just tend to be a bit wider and more comfortable, plus you get all the adjustment you would have in a street car (make sure to get one with manual adjustment!). And there are a million of them out there for sale, so you can usually find one relatively inexpensively. The only advantages in sim racing I see of an actual racing seat are immersion, weight, and mounting flexibility.

One downside though, at least on the BMW seat I used, the seat is pretty significantly offset to the right compared to the sliders, so with the mounting points slid as far over to the left as the chassis allows, I am still sitting very slightly off-center to the right. I could move my wheel over slightly to match, but I've actually never been able to tell at all once I'm sitting in it, so I don't bother.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify @GEO147, I'm pretty sure the 'II' is specifically designed for smaller drivers. I'm 166cm and 75kg and I definitely chose the smaller version as I thought it might suit my body better especially being a bucket.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify @GEO147, I'm pretty sure the 'II' is specifically designed for smaller drivers. I'm 166cm and 75kg and I definitely chose the smaller version as I thought it might suit my body better especially being a bucket.

I bought mine from a racing shop and was told the opposite. That rev was standard fit and Rev II was larger in all dimensions.
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/eu/sparco-rev-rev-ii-fibreglass-seat-1231308/
"This latest version of the Sparco Rev seat has been made in 2 sizes. Added to the range due to popular demand, The Rev II has increased dimensions to suit larger / taller drivers. See the seat sizing tab for the dimensions of both versions."

Upvote 0
Hmm, weird. I BARELY fit in mine. Good luck to whoever bought the Rev I if that's the smaller one. I have a feeling it's not though. But anyway, if anyone is looking at getting a Rev just make sure you're aware that there are two sizes and choose the right one accordingly. Perhaps ask the seller before purchase.

Upvote 0
Here is the picture regarding Sparco Rev/Rev II sizes I found on the web.

Attachments

• sparco-rev-ii-racing-seat-dimensions.jpg
    sparco-rev-ii-racing-seat-dimensions.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0
Well curiosity (and idiocy) got the better of me. I checked my order with Murray Motorsport and they have them listed as Standard and Large. I definitely ordered the Standard. Then I noticed in the pics that the name is stitched into the fabric on the back rest.

SPARCO Rev

No idea why I thought I had the Rev II, but you guys are spot on. I was just getting the name mixed up. I indeed have the standard size Rev seat.

Upvote 0
Well curiosity (and idiocy) got the better of me. I checked my order with Murray Motorsport and they have them listed as Standard and Large. I definitely ordered the Standard. Then I noticed in the pics that the name is stitched into the fabric on the back rest.

SPARCO Rev

No idea why I thought I had the Rev II, but you guys are spot on. I was just getting the name mixed up. I indeed have the standard size Rev seat.

Thought so, fair play for checking it out and advising the op so he knows for sure what's what with sizing .

My advice would be to defo go and sit in one before pulling the trigger. I nearly bought a standard Rev which would have been a mistake. I went to get one and was way too tight for me .

Upvote 0
I got a P1 and got a seat out of a 2006 Volkswagon Passat.

It cost me $40. I pulled the seat out myself. Only 4 bolts hold it in.

Key features. Comes with a full slide, full manual features, reclines, lumbar support and raises/ lowers.

It's very comfortable and has good support.

As mentioned earlier auto seats are typically shifted to the side. I got a passenger seat(US) so it is shifted left. Passenger seats typically have less wear on them.

Mounting it isn't an issue. I was able.to bolt down to 8020 material with 8mm bolts and T-nuts. I did need to use a dremel cut disk to remove a small metal pin.

Upvote 0
No, I am still on looking, Sparco Rev ii (£££) is a possible candidate. No 2nd hand ones around. Also looking at reclining Sparco R100 or R333 (£££)?
I own an R333 and am 6'1" and slim build, typical regular mountain biker physique. The R333 is a snug fit, especially across the shoulders. Perfect for me, but if you are 6' 1" and 18+ stone I image you'd have to butter your hips just to get into it.
As others have said, test before you buy if you identify something that you think might be suitable. Racing seats come in a wide range of shapes and sizes.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years