Seat for my recently purchased Sim Lab P1 Rig?

Hi, I am looking for a seat to fit for my recently purchased Sim Lab P1 Rig (Wheeldeck version).

I am 6' foot 1" (185 cm) and 18+ Stone (117Kg) and 50+ years old with a budget of circa £150.
I like to drive Open wheel and GT sim cars (Fanatec DD1, CSPV2, 1.5 shifter and handbrake + Rseat rig. Currently using the Rseat as my current Seat on the P1. With Intention of moving to Heusinkveld sprints/pro as soon as I can)).

I think, I am after a secondhand (out of date) bucket seat?
What seat should I be looking at for the P1, do you think and why?

I see a local OMP trs-e X1 extra large (steel framed) for sale etc.
Is Steel framed better or worse, than Fibreglass?

Should I be looking for a reclining bucket seat for open wheel?
What about Side or Under seat Mounting options, do they both work well with the P1?

How do these work with the P1's Pedal setup, raise or lower, slide in or out? I occasionally have other drivers on the Rig, but not often.

Can I attach my Tactile Transducer to the seat directly ?

Thanks for your suggestions

I am about, the same size/weight/age and I have a similar rig.
I have a Recaro Pro Racer SPG hans XL which I got for free from a guy who used it in a real GT3 car.
It is super comfortable, even for long stints of more than 4 hours, if you can get you hands on one of these, they are fantastic. I also have a sparco "something" (cant remember) 2000 extra large which is torture in comparison.

Upvote 0
Do you have back issues normally?
I know some people who have have back issues and specifically purchased additional back cushions for support.

FWIW I've had zero back pain since I got my new seat.
I don't have any issues normally, no.

I'm not sure how much of it is because of how I've set up everything, since this is my very first setup of a proper rig. A month ago I was still running a DFGT clamped to a desk.

I daily drive a Toyota 86, which has a similar seating position, just slightly lower pedals. Never had an issue there, even on multiple hour drives...

Upvote 0
@dragonbeard FWIW I had a Volkwagon Passat seat out of a wreck for a long time and I was very happy with it until two things happened.

First I was only playing Dirt Rally for the most part initially and the braking was never a big deal in that game and I was using Fanatec pedals. So when I started driving on a track and had HE Sprints I noticed that I needed to use a lot more brake pressure so I would have more control and wouldn't lock up the brakes. So now I was applying a lot more brake pressure with my left leg and pressing a lot more frequently. That's when I started to notice my back after a couple hours of driving on a track and heavy brake pedal use. That was when I found out that I needed real back support.

My shell seat has given me exactly what I needed. I have zero back pain after a couple hours of racing.

Upvote 0
There is no need to spend all the additional $$$ for an FIA approved seat. I just picked up the Corbeau FX1-pro in 'micro suede' which is similar to Alcantara -- $399 shipped to my door. Fit is supposedly similar to Sparco EVO. Quite happy with it -- for the price, it exceeded my expectations. Not sure if this model is available over the pond.

Upvote 0
I bought the cheaper non Prisma NRG and couldn't be happier. Why pay for all those certifications on a seat never raced? I was thrilled with what arrived, Looks great, feels great, feels solid, and fit/ finish was perfect. What a deal it was for $200! Search eBay

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back