SEASON14 RACE3 BAHRAIN INCIDENTS REPORT

Incident at the start of lap 3 with @Tim McIver. Clean pass by Tim in turn 1, I gave plenty of room, he repaid the compliment in turn 2 only to spin by what looks to be by contact?? (not a heavy right foot). If I did cause your spin, I apologize. Checking replay shows the gap I believed we had. No contact, unless its a coding/collision error.?
Then on lap 8, one minute preparing to brake for a corner, the next I was 'wearing' Tim's car on my head causing me to go off track!
Rejoined with steering damage, carried on for a few laps, someone left the game causing a screen freeze landing me in the gravel.!
Gave up..! Left the race, too many micro screen freezes.

Hi Mark,

I haven't had a chance to look at the replay yet. The first incident I thought I was through with enough room, but then got turned around. I'm not sure if I misjudged, I'll have a look. The second one, i have no idea what happened, you just seemed to appear on top of my car out of no where. I had been having connections issues this morning, but during the race everything else seemed to run perfectly smoothly with no lag. I shall post again after checking the replay.

Without having seen it, I must apologise to Phil. I was trying to setup for the slip stream but I think Phil (and many others) where on much lower wings than me which meant I overestimated how much speed you would take through the last turn. I should have taken that into account and left more room. Sorry.

I had another couple of incidents which I'll report on shortly.

Tim.

I arrived and got caught up in the T4 accident with I think Richard and another which required some manouvering out and a flat spot but no car damage.

Otherthan that some good racing with Martin Floeck. He got me with a nice move in T4 but I attacked under brakes when he took the normal line for T8 and left the inside and got it back. Also Steve Combey for position.
Enjoyed the heady heights of P5 till I stopped but I was a coward and started with 60 litres and so ended in P11* after a long stop.
*Not in results though?

Last edited:
After inspecting the replay...

Lap 1 (TS156) – Contact with @Bob Laube

Bob had been off track and Turn 13 and was slow going up the hill. I passed him on the outside. On my replay it appears he then drifted wide making contact with my rear tire. I believed I had left enough room. I’d be interested to hear if Bob saw it differently or if his replay saw it differently.

Lap 3 (TS306) – Contact with @Mark Breslin

I pulled alongside Mark on the main straight and made a move on the inside into T1 (after checking the replay it was quite an ambitious move.) Mark left space we came out of T1 side by side. Mark took to the extreme left I went right. I took T2 leaving space on the inside. I thought I left enough space but Marks extreme inside line caused him to make contact with my rear tires. In retrospect I could have left a bit more room but I think I was within my rights to turn in. Keen to see what other people think about this one.

Lap 8 (TS867) – Weird lag contact with @Mark Breslin

Coming up the hill, Mark is a few car lengths ahead, Mark is on top of my car, Mark is gone. Somehow my car was undamaged and I continued on. I had no other lag issues in the entire race, so I’m not sure quite what was going on?

Lap 11 (TS1238) – Contact with @Phil Shillitoe

Looking to get a good exit from the final turn and make a move on Phil on the main straight I focused on getting my line just right. I failed to anticipate Phil’s braking, I’m not sure whether he missed a gear or didn’t get on the power as early as normal, but I just ran up the back of him. This was obviously entirely my fault. I apologise for not being more careful and avoiding contact. I’m also very sorry that the incident appears to have ended Phil’s race. Wings and Wheels seemed intact? What was the issue Phil?

Lap 11 (TS1238) – Contact with @Phil Shillitoe

Looking to get a good exit from the final turn and make a move on Phil on the main straight I focused on getting my line just right. I failed to anticipate Phil’s braking, I’m not sure whether he missed a gear or didn’t get on the power as early as normal, but I just ran up the back of him. This was obviously entirely my fault. I apologise for not being more careful and avoiding contact. I’m also very sorry that the incident appears to have ended Phil’s race. Wings and Wheels seemed intact? What was the issue Phil?

@Tim McIver, you've no need to apologise mate - my throttle pedal suddenly only went to half pressure as I exited the final corner. After i span out after the collision, there was no pressure at all , so i had no option but to quit the race unfortunately.

Lap 1 (TS156) – Contact with @Bob Laube

Bob had been off track and Turn 13 and was slow going up the hill. I passed him on the outside. On my replay it appears he then drifted wide making contact with my rear tire. I believed I had left enough room. I’d be interested to hear if Bob saw it differently or if his replay saw it differently.

You're right
Do not worry about me the
I hope you were not damages

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline