Season in Review & Feedback

I am absolutely agree with Karim's ideas, but i want to change only one thing. I think we need with more time in Summer vacation like 1-2 months, example we can rest and all league members can rest on July and August ex. To make a compact calendar with 16-17 starts and to have 1-2 months for rest will be better. Most of people i think will work in the summer and the grid will be shorter.

General feedback: VOTING/suggestions. I may be completely wrong about the whole Voting idea, but as of this moment i really think it is a crucial element to making the league better and more satisfactory for everyone. Too many decisions are being made for the drivers, drivers need to become a part of the league and say what they want and be clear to the Staff.

I have to comment this since anyone else doesn't seem to do so. I'm not saying I'm against you, but just mentioning this;

FSR documents as they are don't contain anything that would allow decisions to be made by driver voting. The power is in the ISR Club and TOA. I'd be interested to hear from David whether he has plans to change this way of working.

For others; 'how FSR works' is documented here http://gpcos.formula-simracing.net/download_file.php?downloadid=52

Some of those documents are a bit outdated, but yes, that's how FSR works :)

As I told privately to Karim, some decisions have to be voted by the ISR Club/TOA(Team Owners Association) members, but things like race times (WS/WT) can be decided via voting, I'll consider that.

Calendar: I only entered four races but i thought the season was a great length, maybe minus one or two tracks.

Enjoyment: Loved every race i entered apart from Suzuka, the season was great fun and as a rookie i was involved in a few incidents as can be expected and that leads me to the only thing i wasnt impressed with when one driver decided to blast me in game chat while other people were driving, but in the other incident the other driver was perfectly reasonable and easy to talk to.
In the other races it was all i could ever wish for.

Organisation: I thought the series was very well organised, good informative forums with a helpful community if you need to verify something and clear cut instructions made it very easy to get involved and to know how to get into the FSR series.
The race times of each series are well co-ordinated and each track is updated on the test server efficiently and quickly so that we can get to testing, it was perfect in my opinion.

SimSync Pro: SimSync was amazing, made it quick and easy to install the mod and get driving.

Mod: I really did like the mod, i didnt really know what i was doing while setting it up but that isnt anything to do with the mod, i really do hope we don't try to add KERS or DRS in 2012 as i think that would remove the raw factor of FSR as overtaking is extremely common here already, i dont think we need this boost.
I agree with what Simon mentioned earlier, start to make it less about having the optimal setup and more about the drivers skills, it doesnt matter how talented you are, you cannot out peform your setup.

Live Broadcasts: The live broadcasts were great i thought, i wasn't too keen on the fact that in one of the WT races there was no commentator but i can't complain as in other times it was almost perfect, as posted above some better on screen graphics would be good but that isn't too important.

Highlights videos: These were just amazing, the thing that even got me interested in FSR, these are well made and are a credit to the people we have here. It would be good if we had highlights vid's for each series, it would be a big ask but it would really get each part of FSR series out there.

General feedback: A big thanks to the people who make this series happen, your efforts are much appreciated and the season when either spectating or driving was alot of fun, and i will definatley be back for 2012,

also another point that Simon made, our actual page needs to be active and we could maybe recruit someone who's interested in scooting around the world of FSR and finding out the juicy information and making up little teaser stories to post on the page, like in the real world of Formula 1 where theres -always- rumours of who's joining what team, is someone lining up a possible return to FSR, or just random stories about incidents in each race, so to speak a FSR reporter.
See you on the track next year.

Calendar: For me it was great. But shame we didn't used singapore. Last year it was great to drive.
Enjoyment: Driver is was great. Good drivers who give space when overtaking.
Organisation: It was good! No improvement needed.
SimSync Pro: Best way to stay updated. I love it!
Mod: I really cant believe that guys enjoyed the mod. It was like a tank on slow corners to drive. The mod used last year 2010 my opinion it was better. But the dirty air was just perfect. So that was good!
Just like Mo said we need to make the tires last less long and let tactics do more. Especially using hards of soft tires. Now there was 1 tire that was the best for the whole race and 1 pitstop. So no tactics there.
Live Broadcasts: Faster BC upload!
Highlights videos: Its really fun to see those vids!
General feedback: Just tire physics (like real f1).

Just a suggestion.. Now that rfactor 2 is out. I think it would be good advertising for FSR if they had a server with the website listed as the server name. That way those new to rf2 or those that don't know about FSR could find the website and get interested in it.

You're right, Benjamin. As we don't have still a server for the 2012 season, I have re-named my own server (Twister-Racing). If there is something wrong on the configuration, let me know ;)

Server name is "Formula-SimRacing.net", no password needed. Formula-Renault at Portugal/Sepang/Mills.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%