F1 2012 Season Challenge ...no car setup?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Forgive me if this has been answered, I looked.
In the Season Challenge mode you have a 1 lap qually and five lap race, I think. Am I correct you can not use a custom setup at all in either Qually or race because of parc ferme rules? I admit I am no expert on for sure.
I thought you could use a setup somewhere in this mode, because when you are in the garage there is the setup symbol you can go to, but cant make a setup.

I have googled for a manual but cant find one, even in PC like F12011 had last year that was more detailed. I am using xbox. Still, that manual last year was very helpful. Is there one online that I am missing?
Would it kill Codies to provide a PDF online manual like that for F1 2012, so I wouldn't have to keep asking stupid questions? :notworthy:

Here is a quote from Steven Hood that is telling me that the game is so involved, doesn't that say in fact there should be a detailed manual?:confused: Thanks in advance.

Our title is incredibly complex and I’d go so far as to say the elements we play around with in order to better simulate the sport of F1 make our title the most complex racer ever developed by Codemasters. It’s hardly a dumbed down racing game. Brake bias, fuel mixtures, all the compound types, the pit-exit rule – yes, it’s a game, but we still try to incorporate the soul of Formula One, the magic that makes Codemasters F1 series so different from other console racing games.

Since it is so "incredibly complex" as he puts it, include a incredibly complex manual, and charge me $5.

It think the answer may be in the title. Season Challenge.

I would assume that part of the challenge is to take the car 'as is', and beat the challenge. Everyone being on a even playing field. because the setups are locked off.

That's just my take on it, as I haven't even loaded that mode yet. I guess it's fairly similar to the Champions mode, you get only what you are given to complete the task.

Codies don't do manuals as such, just a leaflet like you would get in a DVD box. There is one around, I just can't remember where I saw it. Usualy on Steam you can right click on a game and get a manual, but there isn't one available at the moment

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back