Season 9 - Skin Thread

@Jonas Lex : I didn't use ambient occlusion on the body at all, only on wings. That's quite common, most cars can lose a lot of those shadows. If you want really bright color or white you need to lessen the shadows on those areas. I haven't checked how those ferrari skins are arranged, it is possible that they have to be painted on. Everything that sticks outwards get a darker area around the base, it most likely will take some testing.

You can keep photoshop in the background and update the skin. When in game go to track, press esc to go to pause menu, press CTRL+F5 to refresh skin textures without needing to start from menu...

@Victor Ivanov send it to me, i can convert it. I'll do the alpha layer as im pretty sure it is forgotten ;)

2012-09-05_00003.jpg
Hi guys in the middle of TRYING to make new ferrari skin over the williams but i cant seem to get the colour right.From some angles it looks ok but some it looks abit pinky lol, any advice please ?

Attachments

• 2012-09-05_00002.jpg
    2012-09-05_00002.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 191
hey, i've got a big problem with this, and i have no clue about what it is

i have this installed, got the skins too, but when i want to edit it, it just gives me a blank page (whatever skin i am trying to use) with only the base layer, i have no such thing as a lightning layer

but, i have no clue what is wrong

If you follow Jonas's guide 1st page in this thread step by step you will get there. Im same as you i had no idea, but through Chirlie learning and making it from Jonas's guide and his guide templates its makes it quite simple really :)

I cant make it any easier than in Jonas's guide unfortunately, it says open those psd files in that paint.net, select paint here layer and paint design on that and save when finished as a dds file. As i said if you follow his guide step by step you will manage it :thumbsup: will take some trial and error and some hard work.
I know Chirlie was like you and had no clue, even how to select a colour to start with but also Chirlies skin didnt just happen it took 3 days (im being kind :p ) of reading Jonas's guide and dedication to make his ferrari :thumbsup:

I tried to make it easy but its still possible that I wasnt completely clear at every point. Id suggest Alexander that you just follow all the points and if you have trouble just post which part of the point is unclear and then I will try to help you :)

i've downloaded them, done nothing with them, still got it, i've got nu clue

but, somehow, these things just happend around here :(

Hmm, I cannot see a single lap done by you on the server, but you plan to race tomorrow. Is this correct Alexander?

Unless you feel well enough prepared for the race I would recommend trying an excisting skin, as everything is secondary to being able to deliver a consistant and incident free preformance in the race,

But in either case I need to see prove of your preparednes in terms of doing an online stint with success on our server any time before the race :thumbsup:

well, i've tested a bit myself, but, the problem is, i thought i could race, in comes my school, changing my school schedule, because it was of more use for us, meaning i am still at school around 8.30 in the evening, and knowing my class, probably even later, so that's not going to be it

ps, on the testing, i allways forget to test on servers, i tend to test in single player, forgetting that obviously

and, on the skinning, might found the problem, there's only 1 layer showing up, the background layer, nothing more to select :(

well, anyway, om my most recent news, it is presumable that i am out once again

Yes being prepared for the race should always be top priority, theres enough time creating a skin after getting along with the car.

and, on the skinning, might found the problem, there's only 1 layer showing up, the background layer, nothing more to select :(
Skin Tutorial

1. Prepare
  • move AlphaMask.dll into "...\Paint.NET\Effects" and PhotoShop.dll
    into "...\Paint.NET\Filetypes"
Have you done all these steps?
Sounds a bit like you could have forgotten to install the 2 plugins

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back