Season 9 Race 6 Preparation thread

Here's the track parameters for A1:

Code:
  RoadDryGrip = 1.00
  RoadWetGrip = 0.82
  PlayerTireWear = 1.0
  FrontTireHeatMult = 1.00
  RearTireHeatMult = 1.00

It's default values all around. That and the bumbiness of the track does make it interesting... Definitely feels low grip after Suzuka.

There's an invisible bumb just before last turn at the end of rumblestrip... So don't go wide after 2nd last corner, it's quite a hefty bumb if you hit it..You need to be fully on the road at the turn-in to last corner.

The place in question is at the end of rumblestrip:
A1ring_bumb_gs.jpg

Closeup with textures:
A1ring_bumb_text.jpg

And wireframe:
A1ring_bumb_wire.jpg

The "bumb" is totally artificial, 4 panels of grass has been duplicated and raised by 8cm. You can see how that affects.. So be careful.

EDIT: The green painted tarmac on outside T1 and on left of pitentry/pitlane (can be seen on the pic1) is lgroad: DryGrip 0.95, WetGrip 0,74 and it's bumby (2cm bumb spanning 1m). It may be tricky during wet sessions, not really noticeable in the dry since it's so thin strip.

EDIT2: There are similar "bumbs" at the start and end of every rumblestrip. It's usually only 2cm tall, only the last corner it's larger.

Tim and I just had a stint and we thought it´s good to remind everybody about cutting. At A1 Ring in Turn 1 it is really easy to cut the inside curb, or go wide in the outside. At least cutting the inside curb improves lap times considerably, so it would be good to make sure everybody go by the same rules here?

Another potential place for cutting is the fast left handers in the middle sector of the track. Driving line easily slides wide on the exits, which of course improves lap times. Should we maybe pay extra attention on not cutting here either?

Tim and I just had a stint and we thought it´s good to remind everybody about cutting. At A1 Ring in Turn 1 it is really easy to cut the inside curb, or go wide in the outside. At least cutting the inside curb improves lap times considerably, so it would be good to make sure everybody go by the same rules here?

Another potential place for cutting is the fast left handers in the middle sector of the track. Driving line easily slides wide on the exits, which of course improves lap times. Should we maybe pay extra attention on not cutting here either?

Yes, makes sense :)

But I would like to add, during practice, those times I accidently cut e.g. t1, I am so much out of shape that I lose time which is reflected in the sector 1 time. So if it is obvious that you are loosing time, I do not think one needs to punish one self further :) But in any case there is no reason to cut or run wide more than a very few times :)

And the way those curbs are "terminated" in both ends with patches of grass higher than them makes cutting more risky.. I kind a like that solution, btw.. All green painted tarmacs are slippery, specially when wet, making running wide risky too.

ive a favour to ask guys, ive not done as much practise as id like for this one, certainly alot less than i do for any other race, i'll be safe though so no worries there, but could someone tell me roughly how much fuel we'll need for a stint and what the general concensus on what tyres will last a stint? sorry for having to ask this ive never had to before but just not had the time to put in to this one, cheers in advance for any help :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back