SEASON 9 RACE 6 A1 Ring INCIDENT REPORT

One incident.. My PC decided to start updating something and i was forced to drive with 5FPS... I let everyone pass, drove with extreme caution, like my rear wing was missing carefully. Didn't see it affecting anyone. Parked to gravel when FPS sarted to really drop (i'm guessing it was the end of whatever update it was. Tried to ctrl+alt+del to desktop but got BSOD instead... Really gutted. And couldn't identify the problem that's another bummer.

Didn't meant to attack there Dino, I braked bit late took inside line and wheels locked,
Had good fight with Anthony and Nico ,some close driving :)
Then brake a bit soon into t1 Nico took inside, we touched and both spoon, looks my mistake a bit, needed to leave room there after braking soon and not seeing Nico at mirrors. sorry for that.
After it I turned on racing line and Vince get into car ( exit t1 ) ,my mistake here I should evacuate first.
Sorry for that Vince

1) Very weird issue on opening straight. Following Peter who appeared to stop dead on the track in front of me. I take emergency evasive action turning to the inside and miss him by a very wide margin.

start1.jpg

but in another frame there appears to be bits coming off of the front of Peter's car before I'm even there.
start3.jpg

after I'm past him his car catapults into the air and I feel nothing and am no closer than 1/2 car to him at anytime in my replay. Very very weird. Lag issue???

2) TS 159 Kurt and Valter going side by side into a turn Kurt seems to tap Valters wheel pushing him wide. When Valter attempted to reenter the track he slid sideways in front of me. This time I could not evade in time and we collided. I went a little airborne but suffered no damage. Hope Valter was the same. Racing incident, no problem.

3) Blue Flag killer. Received Blue Flag 2nd warning TS 1589 coming into the last corner and had to try to yield at worst place on course to do so. Went wide to yield inside and my front wheel went into gravel, it caught the car and I was jettisoned into wall..race over. If I had driven the last 2 corners the way they need to be driven(and yielded safely in the long straight) I would have been DQ'ed.

1) Very weird issue on opening straight. Following Peter who appeared to stop dead on the track in front of me. I take emergency evasive action turning to the inside and miss him by a very wide margin.

start1.jpg

but in another frame there appears to be bits coming off of the front of Peter's car before I'm even there.
start3.jpg

after I'm past him his car catapults into the air and I feel nothing and am no closer than 1/2 car to him at anytime in my replay. Very very weird. Lag issue???

No problem Bob. :) I understand perfectly....

I slowed perhaps early, although I was responding directly to Nicolas slowing ahead of me.

Internet lag is ever present. My replay file and the servers' replay file appear to be relatively close to the same; showing our impact etc, however, that does not make me feel any 'safer' to race with. Is my net connection getting worse over the years? It worries me... Can I start from the back of the pack from now on?:)

With my car spinning wildly out of control I Escaped to watch the race.

P.S. Abu Dhabi's replay is available already I see. ;) J

No incidents to report :)

- it was shame to see Peter sitting in the pit watching the race, i had couple of practice stints with him and he had a great pace here.. i checked the incident between him and Bob on my local replay and both cars had a big impact , i could see Bob car almost going through Peters car , that explanes why Peters car went spinning in the air .. that must have been a big lag there.. :(

Internet lag is ever present. My replay file and the servers' replay file appear to be relatively close to the same; showing our impact etc, however, that does not make me feel any 'safer' to race with. Is my net connection getting worse over the years? It worries me... Can I start from the back of the pack from now on?:)
It's not just the Internet that can cause delay in communication. I would avoid fancy Internet security in my gaming computer. It looks great in their advertising, but does it work well for us? Having a system that constantly checks all incoming and outgoing traffic takes resources, and if the system is poorly programmed, I think it can be disastrous. One can sometimes see a big difference it in SQL server's response when the client has some crap installed. I guess the same can apply to our game's communication with the server.

TS160 Sorry Bob for the contact. I just lost the rear over the curbs there. I took a chance on the outside of Kurt and lost. I’m glad that you could go on unharmed.

TS 1024 Thanks Kennett. I know that you had problems with FPS. Good job letting me go by on the outside before pit entrance.

TS 4022. Valerio, I don't like it when you leave the track to let me pass. I feel awkward. You have no obligation to do that. Thanks anyway mate.

TS160 Sorry Bob for the contact. I just lost the rear over the curbs there. I took a chance on the outside of Kurt and lost. I’m glad that you could go on unharmed.

I am sorry to meddle again, but I do not quite agree on your analysis of this incident, especially considering what you wrote in the video. I feel it sets a dangerous presendence. (I am thinking of the contact with Kurt, not Bob)

When I watch your video I think I to would have "gone for" the outside (iow stayed where you were and leave room on your inside), it is 40 seconds into the race and Kurt is not allowed to claim the full width of the racing track unless he is certain that the coast is clear.

In my view I would expect you Valter to maybe leave a bit more room on the inside and Kurt to assume he has someone on his outside, make a tight apex and leave room throughout the corner.

As always, I am only one person, so my opinion can be wrong. I have also not seen what happend from the start until the clip above starts.

Contact with David - TS3474 Lap 48

David on a 2 stopper had more pace. He attempted the pass in the final turn. I wasn't sure if he was going to attempt the move, it certainly wasn't somewhere I would make a move, but he did so I gave him the inside. I obviously still had to make the corner so I was not on the far left.

Whenever I give someone the inside I presume that they will leave me the outside. David didn't, there was contact, I got pushed into the sand and lost 3 places. David didn't wait but to be fair it sounded like he wasn't aware of the incident.

Contact with Vincenzo - TS4168 Lap 58

Last lap, I was 2 seconds behind Dino, we came to Vincenzo who was quite slow. In my replay I now see that he may have been missing his front wing which would explain the high speed differential. It was a fairly standard I went right he went right I went left he went left, contact. Perhaps I should have waited til the straight, it was unlikely that I was going to go anywhere near Dino but I wanted to keep the pressure on.

Sorry to Vincenzo, whatever the circumstances I did run up the back of you, and that's never good.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%