Season 9 Race 4 Singapore - Weather

Hello everyone :)

The first forecast for Singapore:

Singapore is often affected by rain showers. The chance for rain during a session is 40 %. The intensity can be very high, but medium is also common.

The next one will be posted here on tuesday the 25:th, at 19 current UK time (BST).

---------------------

Here's the second forecast:

There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.

Scary stuff with rain on this track...goes from 10% DNF's to 50% in a heartbeat....

Our experience is not that DNF increases in the wet. It can acctually have the opposite effect, as one usually drive further away from "the limit"/are more careful when it rains, and any contact with walls or other cars tends to be more gentle than in the dry. If you look through our previous seasons it is hard to tell what races was affected by rain through looking at DNF's.

Remember, 40% chance of rain hitting the race means that there is a 60% chance that the whole race will be completely dry, and 40% chance that at least one lap will be wet (if you know what I mean). iow, I will focus my practice on dry (as always) and possibly do a handfull laps in wet if I have the time and motivation.

50% DNF is like pushing a wooden cross through my Presto-heart :O_o: The way I see it, wet means I have to drive slower and have bigger safety margins, not that I am more likely to do mistakes (maybe I am a bit arrogant now, but i think it is important to have the right attitude).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%