Season 9 Race 4 Singapore - Weather

Hello everyone :)

The first forecast for Singapore:

Singapore is often affected by rain showers. The chance for rain during a session is 40 %. The intensity can be very high, but medium is also common.

The next one will be posted here on tuesday the 25:th, at 19 current UK time (BST).

---------------------

Here's the second forecast:

There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.

Scary stuff with rain on this track...goes from 10% DNF's to 50% in a heartbeat....

Our experience is not that DNF increases in the wet. It can acctually have the opposite effect, as one usually drive further away from "the limit"/are more careful when it rains, and any contact with walls or other cars tends to be more gentle than in the dry. If you look through our previous seasons it is hard to tell what races was affected by rain through looking at DNF's.

Remember, 40% chance of rain hitting the race means that there is a 60% chance that the whole race will be completely dry, and 40% chance that at least one lap will be wet (if you know what I mean). iow, I will focus my practice on dry (as always) and possibly do a handfull laps in wet if I have the time and motivation.

50% DNF is like pushing a wooden cross through my Presto-heart :O_o: The way I see it, wet means I have to drive slower and have bigger safety margins, not that I am more likely to do mistakes (maybe I am a bit arrogant now, but i think it is important to have the right attitude).

RaceDepartment Store

The CSL Universal Hub supports a wide variety of wheel rims, combining many of the advanced features of the ClubSport Universal Hub at a lower price. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 149,95 Features Innovative expanding design allows the hub to adjust to many sizes of wheel rim Lightweight...
Aluminium Profile Legs for Floor Monitor Stand for TR8020 Monitor Stand – Black Includes Trak Racer 80mm x 40mm Aluminium Frame and fixing screws/nuts 4 Rubber Floor Protectors Optional parts to complete as Floor monitor stand: TR80-TMSIN-BLK - Single Monitor Profile with Mount...
Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Freestanding Single Monitor Stand - For Monitors and TVs up to 80" with centre monitor profile 800mm / 31.5" long Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year warranty...
Trak Racer Triple Monitor Stand Mach 3 for three monitors or TVs 22 - 32" for both flat and curved monitors. Trak Racer monitor stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA mounting points and come with a 3 year warranty. Mach 3 changes include upgraded construction, added monitor...
Looking to bring a bit of timber into your life? Well, we'd like to introduce you to the Trak Racer timber and steel floor stand. This single monitor easel-style stand looks fantastic and brings an aesthetic appeal that will fit right into any home decor. Leg Spacing wide enough for all...
Trak Racer's SA-05 Fibreglass Seat has been engineered for both strength and comfort with sizing to suit most drivers specifically in the S-XL size range (up to 42" waist). The SA-05 is an ultra-light competition simulator seat that features integrated bolsters and is wrapped in a washable...