SEASON 9 RACE 4 SINGAPORE INCIDENT REPORT

i knew vince was there so missed apex ti give him room and i run near rumblestrip thinking im safe but his car slides across into me , i feel i do not have to leave the track so someone has enough room that is just comprimising my race and if i passed someone there i would have had a post that i cut lol and is its a presto rule you have to leave parts of the track if others are slideing near your car ? that would make it a rather unfair rule. i felt as if i went wide enough and couldent go any wider without going over rumble on right wich would have bumped my car up n slowed me down alot
all videos show vince out braking me but the consequence is him geting onto racing line then drifting across it towards the end ,i know i am to blame for serton aspects of the incidents but i do feel i left enough room but car slides into me and i do not deeviate from rumble line but this is just my opinion .
It was a great fight and battle i just felt there was to much contact at same corner in the race when we both should have learned from lap 1 .

thanks for taking the time to look and give your opinion nico

Incident lap 7 - I hit Kurt who has just been in an incident with Valter.
My analysis:
The way I remember it, it all happend very fast, and I was unable to avoid contact. Looking at the replay I am unsure if I could/should have reacted earlier. I was focused on getting the apex and then throttle out of corner without spinning and noticed what was ahead too late. The only leasson I could learn is to try to keep a better eye on what happens ahead (or improve my reaction time), but all in all I see this as an unavoidable incident.

I think I also should take some of the blame for not standing completely still.
Like you said it all happened very fast and I tried to keep an eye on the map to see how many cars that came into the curve so I did not notice that the car was moving forward. It was such a little push so that it was not noticed when it happened. So that's why it is not on my report, if I stood still you might have passed, perhaps very close but without contact.
Next time it happens, I promise to keep my foot on the brake pedal.

and is its a presto rule you have to leave parts of the track if others are slideing near your car ? that would make it a rather unfair rule.
Yes, we have a rule, or guideline, that we do all we can to prevent an incident. What you should have done was to take avasive actions when he comes sliding towards you and post a video and comment after the race if you were unhappy with the pass.

I agree with Nicos analysis about the 3 situations with Vince and Chirlie.

When watching those 3 scenes the first time I initially thought that the overtaking car being on the inside just should have left more room on the outside. Then it could have been a nice side by side battle for some more corners, because the overtaken car could have "survived" on the outside and maybe fight back. ;)

Other then that it looked like cool fighting. :thumbsup:

Ye a great way of thinking could be leave a little more space and great incident free racing will happen :thumbsup:
If i go inside to pass i try and divide track into 2 lanes like normal road and stay to that lane round the turn until i see car in mirrors, this gives car your over taking has room if he manages to to fight back like Reik says.
1st 1 if Vincenzo does this, 2nd if Chirlie does this and last 1 abit of both, they would have had some amazing side by sides with no contact :thumbsup:.

Thanks so much Nico for great analysis, also Reik and Sean, I agree with it:thumbsup:

I'm not able to make good analysis for my poor English, thats was my frustration, google translator sometimes change that I want to express..

My opinion, when we have incident the persons do not have to use negative adjectives like "aggressive or crazy" We have to make a serious analysis with timestamp and video if is possible.

I think this Race was a very good fight

See u all at Suzuka,:)

First of all, apologies to everyone for my reaction

Thanks Tim, I understood, you are right, I take this word like a Racing :thumbsup: , my frustration was because any moment I drove aggressive,.

on first incident, I accept I do not leave enough room but I leave, my point off view this incident was avoidable, on the picture you can see a space about a 1 or 1,5 meter to the right I think Chirlie have a space, I know to close.. only as it said Nico, I take him for surprise...,

1photo.PNG
photo.PNG

I'll traveling again this weekend, I return on Monday no time to practice for Suzuka yet, but see you there!:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%