Season 9 Race 3 Monza

I agree with what Peter & Co have said. A couple more clarifications I would like to make (due to things I saw on the Spa broadcast):

1) You are not allowed to try to brake the tow of the car behind. You are expected to predictably go in a straight line thus making a tow easy.

2)If you decide to go defensive (e.g. move to the right on the s/f at Monza), stay there until after the apex, do not move back left again to get a better angel at the corner. (unless you have already been past before braking zone and there is no more cars behind).

Well after yesterday I don't think you have to so strict to everybody. Even Charlie closed his eyes.

I don't think that changes anything; They have their drivers meeting, we have ours :)

Edit: I'm asking because it could easily happen at the exit of ascari, so I like to discuss how the majority would define the way of self punishing.

Sorry, I missed reading this bit Reik.

The easiest way for me, would be to not cut the corner(s) in the first place. Unless Daniel sprinkles some magic [dust] on us, I believe that I can manage this goal as that is how and what I always practice [and why I give public servers a miss].

Of course, I would punish myself with a second or two of off-the-throttle stuff if I make a mess of it. Honour first and then competition; plus I generally know at the time if I have cut a corner or run wide. Each to their own though....

BUT, I will cut the grass, gravel, curbs, whatever to avoid an accident; so as always saftey first....

First of all, I think cutting is never ok. What I am saying now is only in regards of running wide, and only in race, as I am fine with the 100% interpetation in qualify.

I do not set the rule on this, I only voice my opinion; that there is nowhere on the track where there is time to be gained through running wide. I guess it is possible to go 1 or 2 cm wide wihout touch grass or gravel like demonstrated by Dino above, but I think that is insignificant and nothing a driver can actively speculate in.

In general I agree with Peter & Co, but I wish in situations where the track regulates itself as well as Monza, we do not bother about running wide (thinking if you run wide you lose time either way).

The reason I am saying this so late is that I have not had time to drive much before now :)

So no lifting to punish oneself then? If running wide.

P.S. I've already done my practice session on Sunday, so....

An un-clean(wide) Ascari exit means at least 0,2 sec loss.

I will go by what you have agreed in this thread, my question is, as I have experienced the same as Valter, do I need to lift if I run wide in Ascari and already have lost a couple on tenths on it?

Forget the Lesmo's, I'll behave myself there :)

EDIT: Peter, see my post as a quest for needed clarifications, as you can see from Kennett's post above he would likely not lift if he ran wide at Ascari due to his onboard telemetry.

Hey guys sorry but today there will be no broadcast and I wont race today either because I discovered some hours ago that I had blood poisioning and I have to take care of that now.
Enjoy the race
Hi guys, cant make it tonight either, sorry.

No worries guys, and good luck Jonas!

That means we are expecting 20 drivers today (including Henrik and Jim(?), but not Alfonso, Victor, Bob Luneski, Jonas, Dale and Andy) (I am not ruling Alfonso out, just anticipating)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%