Season 9 Race 2 SPA 2008 Incident Report

TS: 383 lap 3

Incident with David Turnbull.

David was behind me when Eleizer came back from his little excursion the moment i caught him and i was side by side with him but i was not sure if Elizer did see me there so i applied the safety rules and did not rush things and did not pass him there to avoid any possible collusion as he was about to turn , i kept my far right to leave enough room for him and was cautious enough through the turn and in my mind to pass him on the strait as soon the turn ends .

David touched my car from behind and turned me around, looking at the replay it seemed that he was in a bit of a hurry to pass, i could be wrong so Would be good to hear from David end to see what exactly happened there , in my opinion he had a better view of the situation therefore he should have kept some safety margin to both of us until me an Elizer made the turn. .
David did not wait for me to regain my position.

Racing Peter : i had a nice fight with Peter for few laps at the start of the race , no serious incident to report here except that i would like to report that Peters car was stuttering in front of me and was taken wired racing line , he seemed to have a heavier car as he was slow out of turns so i tried my best to pass him in the safest way possible and my apology if it got a bit too close during those attempts.

TS: 1780

One small incident when lapping Kurt. I had closed up to him into Rivage (slow right hander). I had good grip because of the fresh tyres, so I wanted to go next to him, leaving the turn on the inside. I think Kurt also wanted to go to the right as soon as possible to give me a perfect exit and maybe the next left hander(?). Due to this missunderstanding I slightly tapped kurts right rear wheel when he "closed the door".

From my point of view I was too much in a hurry, so I'm very sorry for "pushing" you out of my way. Should have waited only two more corners until the straight starts. It looked like you could go on unhurt and without loosing much time, right? But anyway I'm guilty. Sorry mate! :redface:

Otherwise no incidents. ;)

TS: 383 lap 3

Incident with David Turnbull.

incident with anthony, i'll let the video tell the story......

thats 2 races now youve had problems with other people lagging or joining server problems mate, i think its time to start looking at your own connection or pc because it cant always be others faults when their clearly suffering no problems of their own.

dont mean this is an arguemental post anthony so i hope you dont take it that way, there was plenty of room, both of us could clearly see eliezer he had a wide line leaving the inside for us, anyhoo at the time i didnt think we'd touched and you can see from my replay we dont touch at all.

no other incidents to report

Racing Peter : i had a nice fight with Peter for few laps at the start of the race , no serious incident to report here except that i would like to report that Peters car was stuttering in front of me and was taken wired racing line , he seemed to have a heavier car as he was slow out of turns so i tried my best to pass him in the safest way possible and my apology if it got a bit too close during those attempts.

I was heavy on fuel mate and the passes on me were clean. :)
We Aussies do have more lag/ jitter when we race one another compared to racing with the others. Aus -> Norway <- Aus. It varies and this is our seventh season together so I am very used to it now. :)

When lapping Bob Miley near end, i think i lead him into abit of confusion into pouchon i was going to go inside before it then decided it was then to late and for turn i was going to follow you round, i think you thought it be safer if you went off not sure what i was doing. Anyway bit of a non incident really but just thought id say sos if i made you leave track then Bob:thumbsup:

No incidents to report :thumbsup:
Q lap ok :thumbsup:

no incident to report :)

however, I got so caught up in the lapping of Kennett that I forgot to pit after 26 laps. I tried to coast my away around with 1,2 liters, but i did not stand a chance :thumbsdown:

Oh dear, i'm sorry.. I was doing quite good pace when you came close, i was expecting a pass in the bus stop at latest.

No incidents, with a small reservation, it's thursday, i haven't checked replay but i can't remember any contacts with anyone.

Don’t see replay yet but...
I Made Peter slow down after mistake and rejoin track ( dejavuu :)) ) and saw him spin at mirror, Sorry for that, need check replay for details.
And bed mistake last lap first corner after letting Marko pass I taped him to slipy area as lost brake point on wet track making him lost place probably after good race and battle, I was bit frustrating after pits mess-up and lost concentration at the end, so Sorry for that .
A huge apologies to you Marko.

Oh dear, i'm sorry.. I was doing quite good pace when you came close, i was expecting a pass in the bus stop at latest.

That was 100% my fault, I was so focused on doing my part of the job correctly (to be close enough after le source)...

As for Anthony's lag problem, it is as Peter and David sais, it is a matter of geography. But as Peter I am used to it and it creates little problems for me. However, I guess the problem is more sever for you Anthony than it is for me. but bottom line, there is little we can do about it, unless you want to move back to Sweden. The way I see it the lag "problem" is a small price to pay to have gentlemen like Anthony, Peter and Tim in our league :)

As for David maybe being a bit too much in a hurry, that was my impression as well... sorry David, I had no problem having you on my tail, but I also realised you would try at first possible spot (he came along side at Blanchemont) and it would be wise of me just to get out of the way. I had no problem, but I had a feeling it was a question of time...
When I look at the video, and considering the well known sync issue with the Aussies, it was no surprise that it was contact there. If it was me I would keep half a second distance (considering it is laggy Anthony and that he was already fighting someone else) and then rather close up arund le source and pass him most likely after Eau Rouge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back