Season 9 Race 1 Hungaroring - Preperation thread

I've been studying gMotor2 physics, i might reveal more info on tires, specially about the slipcurve.. Also one note about the track: the garage is not collideable so you'll go straight thru it with stopping. Right behind the garage is a parking space, that is not driveable so you'll sink right thru it and drop into netherworld.. So keep this in mind while doing pitstops, no spinning!

Made a few initial dataruns to get some perspective what compunds to use and how long they last, fuel estimation etc. Something i noticed was that 1:15 is the maximum race lap time, anything slower has to mean a medium scale mistake like cutting chicane. I can do 1:16 with any load/compound without pushing so 1:15 is probably the slowest target for any tactic. 1:13 average race pace is near midpack, i presume.

EDIT: nico, just remembered why your setup felt a bit touchy, i forgot to set steering lock :) Allthou, with larger lock there's better chance of catching drifts... i might experiment on that one evening. Otherwise the setup felt good, no big surprises, so close to what i had that i'm using it as a base.

I just made a single player test on Hungaroring with 24 cars and noticed that only 21 cars had garage spots, the other 3 cars were flying in the air in the middle of the track.
I hope thats just a single player bug?

This is true! garage slots 21-35 are all on location (0,0,0). That place is about 200m outside last turn. DAMNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll see what i can do, this is fixable but i need to study the possibilities first.. I hope i don't have to convert this to rF just to fix ten slots...

Grid works for all so if i reset position 21-35 to match positions 01-15 that'll fix it.. Nice, figured out this while i wrote. That is how it's suppose to work... you got number of teams, then number of dirvers per team. Number of teams is garage slots multiplied by max drivers so the same garage is being used by the same team mate.. Except the game randomizes all drivers so that'll never happen in real life but technically it works like this. I think we have to use fix this time, there is no alternative.. Both Hungarorings are faulty, now i regret that we have to use the previous layout now, 2011 had a similar bug..

Whoops, more bad news. Really bad news.. Gridslots defined for 21 drivers... I'll check if i saw correctly that all cars aligned to grid perfectly.

Has this track been used before? I have raced here with full grid without problems...

EDIT: garages fixed.. now i see what's happening in the grid... Grid works, that's funny.. The game has to have some plan B specially for this where it autogenerates grids... hmm, "autogenerate grid" is actually in the game engine, i've used it many times in rF... But for garages to work, it needs a fix. And the fix IS protected so online mismatches will occur with anyone who has different AIW (that's the fixed file...) so the principle of not using in house fixes is out of the window..

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Something that i didn't know happened: the addition of garage slots don't cause online mismatches! I thought that any changes in those files causes it but it seems any changes in the original data causes kicks but additions to them is possible.. Nice to know...

So i got a fix for garageslots that works with our current server files. It's not mandatory but if don't apply the fix, you have 20% chance of missing all practice sessions.. So... It kind a is mandatory:

http://Cream.Galleria.fi/PrestoGP/Fixes/Hungaroring.AIW

Copy the file to trackfolder. Everyone should at this point know what trackfolder is so i skip the explanation... Confirm overwrite. Make backup of the original file if you want.

I added 18 new garageslots (6 teams x 3 drivers... ), identical to the originals and renamed them accordingly. That means we will share garages but that happens in all tracks anyway... Someone MUST test that it works and report here. Server needs no changes, if we do, all that DON'T have the fix are booted. Now even they can take part but non outside the league can use garages 21-35 now... We are privileged...

Ahmm I can't download this file hmm

Sorry, forgot, some browsers don't like ASCII files.. I zip it, that way it works. Also some have had difficulties downloading from my storage, its a bug in the browser so if that's the case, try different browser..

http://Cream.Galleria.fi/PrestoGP/Fixes/Hungaroring.AIW.zip

TL: DR for my posts: Hungaroring has a bug that causes drivers in garageslots 21-35 to spawn in the fields outside track. I managed to fix it, so download the file above and copy it to trackfolder, confirm overwrite. It could be that i have driven with ~20 drivers too, it was starting round in the RDGTC S5 and it was 2 divisions but first round after two months of signups is not the best way to get full grid.... I might remember wrong and this bug has always been there...

just a sidenote, i think our signup to race is spot on, ~3 weeks before start of training. Nobody gets to loose interest but enough time to get accustomed. RDGTC was a major failure, it had over two onths of signup, all the excitement happened 1½ months before race1.. When the race started, i had already forgotten the whole thing and was doing more F1 laps than GT....

So now that it seem there cant be more than 21 drivers on the current hungaroring we should probably decide relatively soon what to do about that, Kennetts solution of a fix seems like a good and the only solution at the moment so maybe it would be a good idea to announce that in the news thread and add the link to Nicos calendar post

Nice stuff, but what do you mean that you did the significant drop on purpose? And what tyres did you use?
Softs. I dropped the pace on purpose to see if I can keep front left around 95 degrees and I could. After 13 laps front left was on 72%, RL - 76%, FR - 84%, RR - 86% which is nice and these tyres could last in low 13s for the next 5 laps till the end of the stint. If I continued to push and set mid 12s I'd probably have the FL on 60% in lap 14-15. If I can make two short stints on softs with less fuel and hard pushing (30 laps) I'll have to make 24 laps on meds or to use hards. Both ways it won't work very nice - meds aren't good enough after 20 laps and even new hards are like you're skating, not driving :D

But if we become two divisions we will not need it :) I am happy as long as we have a plan for what to do if we are more than 21 cars ready for the race. I would suggest waiting with implementing a fix until we know we'll need it.
That would sure be the best solution, I guess thats what we have to do for the preperation race on 22nd as well then

Yes, that is true. Actually, it should not be installed to server. Then everyone who doesn't have it get mismatches. This was news to all of us, we all thought that it needs to be 100% identical in both ends...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back