Season 9 - General Discussion

Don't know if i've said this but here's one tip from the WTCC: During warmup, drive normal outlap, then drive one "hotlap" using the off-driveline part of the track (the part of the track you have to use if someones already occupying the driving line..).. This is to make first lap safer if you know when to brake off-drivingline.

@Jonas I would gladly join RD races if the damage was set to 60% like Presto Servers. It was so annoying to start the race then after 1 lap put a wheel on the grass, rub a wall and the wheel fall off (I say rub but it was a bit of a bump, but the same bump would only cause slight suspension damage on Presto servers). I also think new comers would get a false sense from this, it's what put me off when the mod first came out, things happen so much faster that 100% damage is just to risky for us newbies, well me at any rate. In fact I would probably not be racing here if damage was any higher, due to the mistakes that creep into my racing.

@Jonas I would gladly join RD races if the damage was set to 60% like Presto Servers. It was so annoying to start the race then after 1 lap put a wheel on the grass, rub a wall and the wheel fall off (I say rub but it was a bit of a bump, but the same bump would only cause slight suspension damage on Presto servers). I also think new comers would get a false sense from this, it's what put me off when the mod first came out, things happen so much faster that 100% damage is just to risky for us newbies, well me at any rate. In fact I would probably not be racing here if damage was any higher, due to the mistakes that creep into my racing.

I understand that that is frustrating.
60 %, thats how we will do it then :)

Btw, race calendar in the info thread has been corrected

It is the Race Club thread where the matter was raised and explained:
Is there a reason that the next clubrace isn't Watkins Glen, which is the next league race according to the race calendar
I took Nicos list over here as a reference not knowing that it was different to my calendar graphic, so maybe Nico can clarify which track is next.
You made that graphic calendar with my calendar as a basis. How Watkins and A1-Ring was swapped around I do not know. Since Watkins was elected it has always been planned to do the Wednesday after the USA-GP.

Having said that I have opened the wrong servers myself (as I looked at Jonas' calender). I'll correct that soon.

@Henrik - Lost connection and other local problems in relation to our races we chose to see as ”problems with the race craft”. We have turned random failures off on the server. So to be 100% certain that one will never have a car “braking down” during a race is not possible, but we can all do what we can to minimize this possibility, much like it is in real f1. I do not think we have more LC and stuff like that than real f1 have cars not completing races due to engine problems or other things braking down.

@Marko - It is only natural that your motivation goes down when you see all your practice is in vain when you do not get to complete a race due to other people’s mistake. My hope is that you believe the next 5 races will serve you much better than the first 5, and thus regain your motivation for the rest of the season. You are in my eyes a perfect member, it is obvious that you understand perfectly what it is all about; you show for all the races and are always prepared to deliver a solid race and you execute the incident reports better than anyone else. If we were to lose you it would be a big loss for the whole league.

One way I maintain my motivation when everything goes wrong is that I think that if nothing else it builds character to yet again climb onto that horse :)

About the next racing club race... I cant tell you why exactly it is taking so long, I wanted to make sure its open for sign up as soon as possible so I sent Chris all the info on Monday but it seems hes out of reach at the moment, hopefully it'll be up soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%