Season 9 - Changes to the race format?

Sorry all, one change or addition could be a small "rule" regarding incidents on track.
If you don't want to ask sorry later, give the position back.
That means in practice that if think you've done wrong, wait. If you want to continue, you are prepared to say sorry if it was your fault and we all accept apologies. Obvious stuff is obvious, i'm talking about wheel-to-wheel action and cases where safety requires it (Monaco was a perfect example on that..). Some situations on track are such that you are not 100% was that a contact, what happened, we have a poor peripheral view in the game .. That has been the case with the current driver roster so why not make it one of the principles of the league? Someone with better linguistic skill could say it better..

Just defines the attitude a bit, safe, fair and friendly, in that order (it's racing, after all..). After that you can go as fast as you absolutely can.. Drive wheel to wheel, be prepared to take risks all within the same frame of mind and within same rules. That is what i call a level playfield.. Same car, same rules for all.

I think you might have stumbled into the sacred zone Kennett!

I don't think the Presto fundamentals are up for change. I'm not sure I completely understood your point distinguishing practice from real racing, but I'll state the long held constitution as I understand it.

1) Always avoid contact at all costs

2) If there is an incident on the track, the at fault driver must wait and let the other driver back past.

3) If there is an incident on the track, the at fault driver should always apologize after the race in whatever format is appropriate.

4) The innocent driver must presume that the incident was accidental and remain calm!

5) If there is an incident on the track, both drivers must report there version of events in the incident thread. They do not have the option of saying nothing as a gesture of goodwill. This does not help the league improve. All incidents must be discussed and resolved.

This is not a multiple choice system. All 4 are meant to happen for every incident. Waiting does not mean you don't need to apologize and not waiting is not fixed by an apology.

Tim describes it perfectly. However, I think Kennett also want to address the grey areas of an incident where one are very unsure if one had any fault. Should you wait if you are 80% sure that you made no mistake etc?

Personally I dislike a situation where e.g. Jim makes a passing move on me, I make a small mistake in the proccess, Jim sees in his mirrors that I had a small incident and waits for me in case it was his fault. In this situation my own small mistake suddenly gets consequences for others than me (Jim is waiting) and that adds greatly to my unhappyness with the mistake. I think Kennett mensioned something about this at Monaco, that he didn't want others to wait for him, and I share that sentiment (unless I am driven off the road).

It all boils down to the gentleman's approach, your intentions. Don't ruin your own race just to be on the safe side in regards to the waiting rule. But obviously, do not exploit this gentlemans trust to never wait unless you are certain it was your fault.

Nico got it right. Obvious stuff is obvious, no need to define that. Just that not waiting is one option that one has to consider. It was me who got pushed but Anthony did excactly the right decision, waited, saw that there are people coming and continued. It's almost one for video highlights, safety first, even if it means sacrificing fair play a bit.

This have been tried a few seasons ago, but there are several "technical" weakness':
-As Anthony mentions, it could cloud members view on being open with league members vs. team members. We want all members to co-operate openly in preparing for the race so that everybody will be learning as well as being prepared for delivering a good race contribution to the league (no incident, even and relative competitive lap times)
-If one are not clouded, then there is little left for the team except to share strategies.
-We do not have a system to display the results of a team championship on www.prestogp.com
-2 cars for each team are a reality in f1 due to reasons that does not apply to PrestoGP and it's filosophy, so it is a bit artificial thing to introduce
-For some members it would feel natural to team up with someone, for others not.

Having said that, I will not resist if someone want's to administer a team championship in the forum. I'll assist with making it sticky etc. But in such an eventuallity I think it should work "trouble free" for the drivers, iow that they get assigned a team and there are no obligations from the driver to the team. Personally I will be happy to share my race strategy with an eventual team member, but all other preperation should be done with everybody/openly.

Just a late response to the team championship thing.
There's the option to have an optional team choice e.g. 10 drivers with a team so 5 teams and the rest independent, thats the system the RDTCC here on RD is using.
I think that system would fit more to this league but Im fine with both ways.

I think your suggestion is good to see if its maybe worth to integrate it more into Season 10.
So we could include a "Team:" question into the signup form and manage this with the help of a thread, which I will create and update.
Just tell me if you're good with that Nico and now that I see that this is my 3rd post today... take your time responding to them

My wish list on the weather for next season:

1) I definitely want to see at least 4-5 races affected by the weather [of any type or density] ,whether or not the remaining tracks of the real life F1 races are all going to be as dry as Bahrain or as wet as Singapore. It is cool to follow them with the tracks selection but I would like to spoil myself with some extra fun spinning my car on some wet tracks.

2) I am giving the weather man Daniel [ our hero:) ] the freedom and without any restriction to chose any 5 tracks of season 9 tracks that he wishes to open the sky over without taking any concideration the real life tracks that might be rain affected and without hints from him on the tracks that he has picked .[ fully anonymous tracks].

3) I am putting all my faith in him that he will definitely force the rain on those chosen tracks and that he will create the most variable and most creative weather that I could imagine for each of the 4-5 chosen tracks to keep me entertained. [I won’t complain if he chose to have a race of a max of 15- 20 % wetness for the whole wet session during the race as part of the uncertainty]
4) I hope the weather forecast for all the 10 tracks will be so uncertain to bring all the excitement that keep me on my toes wondering before and during the session if this is gonna be the one of the 5 tracks that will be wet or not ?!!!

5) I will promise myself to use the same setup for dry or wet races so I do not get any surprises during the race.

It is not fair to force wet races next season if the majority of the league do not wish to do so and it is shame to miss out on the fun of the wet races if we do not force any wet race and we leave it to the 1/ 1000 odds like the previous seasons but what is not wise is to stay silent not say anything and not speak up the once exact opinion.

you might agree or disagree with me but this is my clear desire on the weather for next season , so what is yours? I can’t speak on your behalf and it is not right to force my opinion on you, we are around 22 members in this league and any important decision taken should be based on the 22 voices!!

Anthony

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years