Season 8 - Sign up

sry for not stay more in forum guys:/!
little problem in real life^^!im here yes i see the email from racedirector an answer!
im agree with all rules old and new montreal its ok for me :)!!
im ready to start:)

how alwais sry my english!

I will have to un sign from this formula as firstly i havent been on for a while as my computer died and now i do not have the time as new things happening in my life. Good racing all, hope you all have a good season

Is there room for one more? I really want to drive open wheelers and this all sounds very intriguing.. F3000 is almost the only car i drive these days but it's hard to find races for it. I'm very active and i saw that changeable weather thread, i have a lot of experience using it..

Is there room for one more? I really want to drive open wheelers and this all sounds very intriguing.. F3000 is almost the only car i drive these days but it's hard to find races for it. I'm very active and i saw that changeable weather thread, i have a lot of experience using it..

As we always say, there is always room for the right kind of people :)

When we accept new members, it is important that they
-Commit and show for all the races in the season, and give us notice if one is not able to make it to a race
-Put in enough practice to be competitive (no more than +/-0,5 sec behind the (second) slowest driver (exceptions can be made for new drivers, as long as they are safe)
-Put in enough practice to have a good chance of completing the race without (too many) mistakes. Your main goal for the season is completing as many races as possible, and not causing incidents (That is my goal anyway)
-Put in enough practice to be safe on track (know your braking points from both sides of the track, know what worn tyres feel like etc.)
-Prioritise safety above competitiveness (e.g. you will rather lose a place or 3 at the start than to put yourself in a dangerous position, and accept that you can be stuck behind a slower car for the rest of the stint)
-Value safety of other drivers; you will rather crash your car in the wall than to knock somebody else out
-Take incidents you have been involved in seriously, analyse and discuss it constructively in the forum (we have a compulsory incident thread after each race)
-Read the forum
-Always keep a friendly tone with your co-racers
-Reply to the Race Director (e-mail) when this is required

Have I forgotten anything?

We (Presto GP) used to race f3000 before we swapped to this mod, so if that is your background you are like us :) I hope you do not find all the requirements intimidating, but rather natural and inspiring. We cross our fingers that you like what you see in this post and become a member, then you can join already at Silverstone (I am assuming I am talking for everybody in the league/that everybody would welcome a positive addition to our league although it has started)

EDIT: Presto GP Pacific are running F3000 this season. They race at a different time than us though, very late on Saturday night. (while we race Wednesday night).

That's even better, i'm ready to move on to F1 and i've done so many laps with MAK mod testing Cicada. I think i can tick of every part on that list, speed is the only question mark but i'm trying to achieve constinence rather than one-lap speed... I don't cause accidents and my starts have always been safe.

I'll do some testruns in Silverstone and check my initial pace...

The pace is acctually the least important thing, and it is a bit inaccurate :) What I was thinking of when I wrote that is when I see drivers that have a time that is not competitive compared to anyone else in the league, and their p.b. does not seem to approve at all during the 14 days preperation period, I become sceptical (usually a sign of little time/desire to practice). If the reason is that they have been practicing race trim and not qual, my dispair turns to delight, because I too believe that it is the best way to practice if one want to have a enjoyable race and contribute towards others having it as well (unless you are super skilled as many of the drivers here, but not me :) )

So please, do not make my statements change your practice from race towards qual, it sounds like you are the right kind of guy and I assume that most league members at this stage is very positive to you joining.

Btw Kennett, I don't know if you are already doing it, but it is a good idea to do as much as your driving as you can on our online servers. This way it is likely that you'll meet several of the other drivers and get to know them and them you :)

Will do that. I took 2 lap installation, raised ride height and and then 4 lap testrun, i managed to do 1:19.8 in the old silverstone (BritishGP). Is that enough?

I see you have registred at PrestoGP.com. If you go to the drivers page, filter for div 1 drivers and sort by pb (click where it sais silverstone) you'll get the picture. Your goal should be to become competitive with (in this case) Bob Laube who's pb. currently is 1:16.094.

I do not mean you have to beat that to join the race, but it gives you a good view of what pace you can expect from the others and how fast you must be to be able to challenge someone. The correlation between qual and race pace seems to be relatively strong (although there are some guys that are stronger in race than in qual and vise versa).

I am a bit uncertain if the time 1:19.8 is done with race or qual trim? Race trim means around 60 liters of fuel and soft or medium tyres usually, while qual is minimum of fuel and super soft tyres.

Can you send an email to the race director so he get's your address? His address is rd prestogp com (if u know what I mean, I left iut the @ and the . )

Ok, i just know that i'm not 1:16 material, i'm pretty good at anticipating my pace and in race i can do hi 1:18 lap after lap, qualy one lapper 1:17 with a lot of practice (est. 12h) and a bit of luck. My stint was with 35l fuel and super softs (destroyed, 122 in left front temp) . I can do that lap after lap with mediums too but it takes buttload of practice, In fact, i've wanted to drive only open wheelers for a year now but Race has basically the worst legal open wheel content (F3000 and MMG 2007, that's it) and the matching league racing. I think i have to switch my 3y SimBin exclusive support to rFactor. Or go play in a rogue league with all open content..

But 1:16... Is everyone able to do that in your league? If so, i congratulate you all, you truly are the very best league that i've come up so far. I'll keep on practicing, i'm of course a bit disappointed by my performance but it can only get better, right?

EDIT: I didn't setup the car at all, just raised ride height by 1cm and clicked few times fast suspension to softer. But like i said, i know my level and it's 1:18 to 1:19 in the old Silverstone unless a good setup can deliver over a second a lap... I'll be a hangaround until i can increase my pace, practicing with you guys but not doing the official races, if that's ok? 1:16 is about one year from now, if i can keep the current learning curve.

youd be amazed what a setup can do with these cars mate, i have no doubts youll be into the 1.15's or less as soon as reik posts his setup HINT HINT!, the default setup of these cars is very far from drivable, its took 2 years of working it out but the setups these days greatly differ from default and sometimes its not obvious changes that make the diffrence, theres also a hidden side to the setup with these cars with third springs and other things, it will take time but you'll get to know how the car behaves with certain changes.

stick with it mate, we aint all aliens (except reik) the times the rest of us achieve are easily manageable with a decent amount of practise.

Hmm....VERY interesting.. Let's continue with this plan: I'll start practicing with you guys and i'll join when we feel that i'm in within the limits.

EDIT: One thing comes to mind.. You are looking into changeable weather. I've done a lot of research in that field, mainly online ( unlimited access to an excellent gameserver is a gift from above for a trackbuilder ;) The changeable weather doesn't mean it's rain or dry.. There's other temperatures around the world than 20C... By not participating i can produce the weather. One good "trick" i've tested in races with good success is to produce the same weather for testserver practice session than what is about to happen in the race. Well, not excactly, the same pattern but vary the time, ie 75% humidity ( equals 20% rain) at 30-40 minute mark. That way everone can test the setup but no one can plan pitstatregy precisely.

I think you have misunderstood me Kennett (or I have expressed myself poorly)

If you can do high 1:18's lap after lap without costly mistakes in the race I'm quite sure you will not be last in the race. If you can do 1:19:xxx lap after lap you are still good enough :)

The qualify time is not important at all, the only reason I mention it is that it is the only feedback I get automatically from the servers. What I am really interested in is race pace and concistency.

At the stage I am at now, my aim when doing a stint is to get all my times at 1:18:999 or better. Closer to the race I am homing I can keep most of my laps below 1:18.000. I know some are slower than me, while others are faster.

So please, don't consider not racing in the league, you sound like what we want, and I know many of the "slower" guys want more "slow" guys that they can comepete with :)

As for setup, you do not need to waist much time on this, we share our setups in the forum, it is not a mean of competition. We have been a bit slow doing it for this round, possibly because of the confusion with the 2011 track, but I will at least post mine when I get home from work.

PS: The original idea was that everybody post their setups, not only Reik.
PPS: We are not as super-fast as you seem to think... except of a handful of guys.

I'll post my setup from the last Siverstone event asap. :) Maybe this time I need some slight changes as my style may have changed a little bit but I still didn't have the time to test yet.

I hope you all noticed, that there've been quicker drivers at this track, for example Mark. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back