Season 8 - Sign up

So far there are 9 people "missing" from the list (people I was expecting/hoping would sign up):
Tim McIver
Peter Marshall
David McCradic
Eliezer Bartik
Tom Watts
Dave Russel
Alex Galyutin
Martin Floeck
Carlo Meller

Obviously I hope all of you (continue to) race with us in season 8, but the sooner we know the better it is. In particular it is vital to know as early as possible if there will be more than 25 drivers signed up.

If anyone choses to retire or take a season off that will naturally be respected, but please let us know this as early as possible as well :)

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Watts
However possibly the last two rounds i cant make due to exams but i wont know till April if that will interfere, Hopefully not :)

I guess the missing guys would like to sign up again but just expect a longer break here. So they possibly don't check the forum as often as usually. Remember the aussies have summer he, he!

Hello
I'm in :)

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik​

I guess the missing guys would like to sign up again but just expect a longer break here. So they possibly don't check the forum as often as usually. Remember the aussies have summer he, he!
Indeed :)
01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik​
23. Peter Marshall​

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik​
23. Peter Marshall​
24. David McCradic​

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik
23. Peter Marshall
24. David McCradic
25. Anthony Moufarrej ( he still on holiday and has no Internet ).

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik
23. Peter Marshall
24. David McCradic
26. Tim McIver

Sorry, I was in the ocean. I'm only online with my phone and cutting and pasting is a little slow. Could someone tidy up after me? Thanks. Looking forward to season 8.

I talked to the Race Director recently, and he informed me that he had received e-mails from all except:

Anthony M (on holiday)
Alexander L
Cristian Di F.
Eliezer B.
Gaetano Z.
Simon K. (received e-mail today, RD's mistake)
Tim McI. (in ocean :) )
Tom W.

Smooth flowing communication is what the Race Director value the most. If he has perfect communication with all members, his job is very easy and takes little time. The more members he has less than perfect communication with, the more potential work he'll get.

Perfect communication means that one understand his e-mails and answer accordingly and within reasonable time. I realise that we are between seasons and therefore there is no drama with the delay in answer, some are on holiday, others might not be expecting an email at this time.

Gaetano, have you received the e-mail from the Race Director? You are one of the members where the communication worked less than perfect last season, and although you might have trouble reading english, replying withing reasonable time will help the situation a lot. Perhaps you have another e-mail address that you check more often?

To all members, as you might or might not know, the Race Director value the privacy of the email addresses highly, so there should be no danger in giving him your main address (the one you check the most often).

Alexander is at the moment not showing any sign of being a good prospective members. He is not active in the forum, he is not active on the server and he has not responded to e-mail. The combination of these thing is not a good sign. If he is to convince me and the rest that he is Presto-material he needs to make a U-turn asap. At the moment I am guessing he will not be part of our league, and will be pleasentley surprised if I am mistaken :) This means that we are currently 25 drivers signed up where 18 are confirmed.

The RD will end the vote tomorrow, so that everybody can learn if it is in 15 or 22 days that the first race will take place.

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik
23. Peter Marshall
24. David McCradic
26. Tim McIver
27. Jonas Lex

I´d like to sign up please.
I started simracing with this F1 mod about a year ago and I love it, also have followed this series since then.
The reason why Im quite late with my signup is that Ive considered it for a while now wether or not I´ll be able to make it for all races of the season due to my apprenticeship.
I cant be completely sure at this point but I think it might be only 1 or 2 times at most that I wont be able to make it.
So if that is ok with you I´d like to participate, please.

Ok i will re send my email to the race director before. Love setting up Outlook again.............

I don't understand... have you sent the email already and are now going to resending it after installing Outlook?

To Jonas Lex
It is not too late to sign up now, and reading your post it seems you have considered the right things (do I have the time to make all/most of the races, and do I have the motivation for a whole season), so I get instantly high hopes that you'll fit our league perfectly :)

If you could pm me your email address I'll ask the Race Director to send you the latest information. Welcome :)

ah it was my end, my computer was supposed to send you the email but for some reason it didnt, send. I just upgraded to outlook 2010 on monday so then i was trying to get it working haha. Sorry for any confusion

Hey fellas, hope you all had a good xmas and new year!? Apologies for my inactivity recently and my reliability towards the end of last season! Actually, I should apologise for not even finishing a race, I think! :rolleyes:

Last season was great fun for me and enjoyed racing with you guys! - it's really nice to actually have races against many good drivers! Rather than winning frequently in public servers :cool: hehe (when they're available)

It was my first time ever to participate in an online league (apart from the british Doom 2 league, a good 15 years ago or so hehe). I have to admit though, long stints we're more of an endurance test than I thought to which, tied with the heat that's generated in here when my screen is on, it definitely didn't do my concentration any favours - which isn't marvellous at the best of times! lol But anyhow, I remained committed and still thoroughly enjoy making an event of it each time and learning to cope with the temperature in here! :p

So I'd just to thank everyone for the experience! I would offer to add myself to the list (not sure the maximum racers?) but since my situation with my work had recently changed before xmas, I'm now doubtful as to whether I'll be able to commit to many of the races and I don't like to seem like i'm making excuses all the time! Besides the time problem, I think I need to practise the tracks more and also be able to test longer stints more regularly, and it's also for that reason that I believe makes it not fair on everyone else that, if I could attend a race, I'd be more likely to misjudge something through lack of practise and could possibly ruin someone else's race!! (which makes me nervious! lol)

So I hope you all have a fantastic season! If my circumstances change again so I can get more practise in and know there's a definite chance I can attend the races then I would love to rejoin! But for now, I think i'm going to be restricted to enjoying the server replays! :)

I'll still remain active here though, so it's not like im saying bye altogether! :D

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was too late to sign up for the European series? I've never raced in the European series, but I've raced with many of the people who have signed up in 2 seasons of Presto GP (Pacific) F3000 and 2 seasons of Presto Pacific MMG F1 including being on the championship team in the first MMG F1 season. I did not compete past year because of a bad foot injury that kept me off the grid. My foot is healed and I believe my work schedule has changed so I am able to make the racing time (can someone please confirm the event times). I'm not super fast, but I race safe, fair and virtually always finish. If allowed to race, I would be using my previous custom livery.
BobMMG.jpg

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob

It is not to late Bob, welcome to our legue :) I know your name well from the Pacific, and that you are not too fast is obviously no problem :)

Do you have an url for your skin?

01. Nicolai Nicholson
02. Kurt Kjellin
03. Mark Sørensen
04. Valter Östman
05. Brian Jacobsen
06. Helder Filipe
07. Anthony Ishak
08. Reik Major
09. Vincenzo Cavaliere
10. Valerio Vinassa
11. David Turnbull
12. Jim Hawley
13. Andy Paries
14 .Sean Greenlaw
15. Gaetano Zizzo
16. Bob Laube
17. Simon Kilov
18. Alexander Lauritzen
19. Cristian Di Filippo
20. Nicolas Rougé
21.Tom Wats
22.Eliezer Bartik
23. Peter Marshall
24. David McCradic
26. Tim McIver
27. Jonas Lex
28. Bob Luneski

.... so I am able to make the racing time (can someone please confirm the event times).

Hello Bob,
These times may need to be confirmed [or adjusted] by the Race Director.

I use UK times to work off as Daylight Saving [Brittish Summer Time] affects the start time from the last Sunday of March starting an hour earlier; Sepang onwards [-1hr] in other words.

The password for the race server(s) will be emailed 7pm UK time on the day of the race.

Practice session [server up] - 7pm UK time
Practice race starts - 7.55 pm UK time
Qual Superople - 8pm UK time
Warm Up - 8.06pm UK time
Race 8.11pm - 9.10pm UK time [any rain may lengthen the race substantially]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years