Season 8-Race1 Istanbul- Incident report

TS 134 Peter Vs Kurt.
Approaching Turn 3 braking zone I crashed heavily into Kurt. 100% my responsibilty. I am very sorry Kurt :( Please forgive...
Apologies to all, Bob, Nico, etc who also had to evade me. Not a good start to the season for me. I will do better.

No incident.
Nothing to complain about. Kurt ran in to me, but he was at the time an innocent passenger. This is racing;)

Peter now you owe me a few seconds in suspension repairs. I'll claim the interest from the collective time-loss account at an appropriate occasion. I'm just kidding, it can happen to the best, and it did:)

ts 125 : maybe a light tap on Jim at T1, hard to say on my replay.

Didn't feel a thing mate:) no worries

I had a small touch with Enzo's rear wheel in the first stint, my fault for a half arsed passing attempt, it knocked Enzo a bit sideways but he held on to it, I hope it didn't damage you Enzo

And I spin all on my own in turn 8, lap 42 whilst in P5, threw away a good result:(

Jim

Bad race for me
ts 724 turn 14 I touch Anthony cause him lost balance then tap him again, my bad move .
ts 976 turn 12 tried overtake Valter and get into his side, my bad.
ts 1141 after lost control I blocked Peter make him bump me .
ts 1267 turn 1 lost control ,tried move out of track making Jonas crash into me . I'm hope didn't get any Sirius damage,I got suspension damage
Nothing much to say just a huge apologies to you guys.

ts 976 turn 12 tried overtake Valter and get into his side, my bad.
I enjoyed our fight "Mega". I did open just enough for you to fit in on the inside. Unforgiving racing from me there. I take 30% of the blame. Is that all right with you? It's no fun racing without any resistance, am I right? So I apologize for my part in that contact, sorry mate.

I had a moment in T1 in the 2nd half of the race which left me travelling quite slowly on the exit. I then saw Sean in the mirrors spinning. At the time I was concerned that maybe he had tried to avoid me and lost it. After checking the replay there was much more room than I thought. Either Sean just made the same error I did on the same lap, or perhaps the distraction of seeing me ahead disturbed his concentration through T1. Sorry Sean if I did contribute!

Lap 46, TS4035 - Contact with Helder

I had a poor entry to T3 allowing Helder to get alongside (on my left, the outside). As we went into the right hander (T4) there was slight contact. I didn't feel it, but based on the sudden addition of 5 seconds to the gap I knew there must have a been a little.

Helder apologised after the race and said he should waited for a better chance to overtake. I think he had every right to make a move when he did (I certainly wasn't planning to give him another better chance!!!). After watching the replay (my local replay) I think Helder was further in front of me than I realised at the time. In that situation I think I was still entitled to hold the inside line. If Helder had made the same move but stayed wide leaving me slightly more room on the inside I would certainly have had to leave him room on the inside at the bottom of the hill.

Great battle Helder, I look forward to many more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back