Season 8 Race MONTREAL '79 Incident Report

Im sorry that my post was one of the reasons for the start of this big discussion but the way you summed this up is in my opinion perfect Nico, good that you take the time to comment on every single point.
I couldnt learn anything out of this in terms of driving style because as said there was no time to think but now I can say that youre correct about my first post being a bit too offensive, thats what I learned.
Also I think Im not in the position to judge about any other person's behaviour because Im not in a spectator position in this situation, so thats it I think

Not Scandinavian but Fennoskandian ;) I'm content on how things turned out. I hope too that Kimmo will hop back but with serious attitude correction. I just felt that some defending was needed and as i coaxed him into joining, i feel somewhat responsible too. He's a good driver and great friend but this is not the first time his temper has gotten into arguments, It's a rare combo, Finnish hothead ;) And for Kimmo, i say that with all the respect..

I've tried really hard to stay out of this one. It should be as simple as Kimmo acknowledging his responsibility to ensure that all traffic was safely past before attempting to turn his car and that he made a mistake.

The sad thing about all of this is that it should have been a simple racing incident something like this:

Kimmo: "I spun and tried to turn my car around before it was safe. I was unfortunately in the middle of the racing line when you came through. I'm sorry Jonas, I should have waited until all traffic was safely through before turning around."

Jonas: "Yes, I came around the corner and I tried but was unable to avoid hitting you. I'm sorry"

Everyone: "Let's learn from this and go have a beer"

And there was much rejoicing.

The sad thing about all of this is that it should have been a simple racing incident something like this:

Kimmo: "I spun and tried to turn my car around before it was safe. I was unfortunately in the middle of the racing line when you came through. I'm sorry Jonas, I should have waited until all traffic was safely through before turning around."

Jonas: "Yes, I came around the corner and I tried but was unable to avoid hitting you. I'm sorry"

That's it! :) Sometimes less is more...

I've tried really hard to stay out of this one. It should be as simple as Kimmo acknowledging his responsibility to ensure that all traffic was safely past before attempting to turn his car and that he made a mistake.

Absolutely, Ive had such conversations before (see race 2 with Gaetano) and Its really the best solution

This made me re-check my replay. Thank you Sean.

I haven't seen the server replay yet, but that doesn't matter. What is important is that it appears as though I messed up at the race start and pushed my very good racing buddy Valter at the start of Turn 2.:(

I am so very sorry Valter. I truely had no idea I'd pushed your car at the time and of course my replay shows your car "bouncing" off my invisible force field. I never felt the collsion and I and ashamed for not correcting this earlier.

I will find a way to make amends for my bullish start Valter; perhaps in Australia we can do battle the right way.

Naturally I hope you had no damage and that there will never be any ill feelings.

All good Bob. :) I was very fearful that I had wrecked your car on the second last lap. I didn't know who it was at the time only that it was a "ghost in the machine" type tech-bug.
First in all the confusion with cars going everywhere in different speeds and directions I closed the door on you my friend. I'm sorry. I didn't know what happened when my car got a little out of balance. The only thing was that I got a bit wide and got a small suspension damage that was impossible to detect in the handling of the car. When I looked at the replay I immediately realized that we had a little cross the globe position sync error. I am convinced that you drove beside me in your own replay so I thought this could be left without discussion. But now when you mentioned it I was revealed having acted greedy by taking the racing line with you in a tight spot to the right of me:) Sorry again mate.

I've looked at my incident with Kurt, witch you can see in my race report video. I must admit I did not notice that Kurt had lost his rear wing, had I seen that I probably would have kept a larger distance at that part of the track. But at least I didn't touch him :) But I am sorry for you Kurt, I guess you lost your wing a few turns earlier.

TS 3854 : hit Eliezer from behind after he made a small mistake. He didn't spin, I hope he didn't received suspension damage. Just a racing incident.

No incidents to report :)

Edit: @TS 1600 I tried to make a pass on Nico Rouge, I braked much too late, went down the inside and straight on over the grass, Nico retained the position, no incident occured but it was a bit of a daft move
No problem mate, I was checking you in my mirrors. The same thing happened to me with gaetano (@TS 2550)

Hi guys, I was contacted by Bram today, because somebody have been sending him incidents from our races and say we do not investigate our incidents?

I do not know who did this, but I am guessing it is Kimmo who is not happy with the conclusion the rest reach.

For me it is important to review these incidents in an effective way. The moment it is clear that the vast majority agrees that Jonas was not at fault in his incident with Kimmo it is solved. Whatever Kimmo sais after that is only interesting in regards to if he is going to continue being a member at PrestoGP or not (does he agree with the rest or does he still think he is right and the rest wrong).

The same goes for the Kimmo-Bob incident. I just showed it to illustrate what should be reported and also to include a second evidence for why it is the best solution that we and Kimmo go seperate ways from here. But I see no reason for any vengence, banning from forum etc, stuff like this passes quickly if one do not let oneself get too provoked when there is no need to.

ps: I am not angry at anyone, but I was a bit surprised when Bram asked me why we do not review incidents at PrestoGP, because if there is anything we do, it is exactly that :)

im sure if bram looks back on all our seasons he will realise that one thing we do at prestogp is review our incidents, always, its paramount to our league, if incidents werent sorted there would probably be alot of bad feeling between us, but the fact weve managed to stay together so long and still have good fun and discussions proves that this league is THE BEST league and will continue to be.

Hi guys, I was contacted by Bram today, because somebody have been sending him incidents from our races and say we do not investigate our incidents?

I do not know who did this, but I am guessing it is Kimmo who is not happy with the conclusion the rest reach.

It wasn't me but i'm guessing Kennett if it was someone of us??? I didn't even remember that insidents never checked here, i mostly driven with wolrd league then 2010 when I was regular driver last time with this mod, had only 1 or 2 races with european league if i remember correctly...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%