Season 8 Race MONTREAL '79 Incident Report

I have no problem with that accident but as he start asking...I take this seriously but not that seriously LOL. That's it nothing more to say about this, next race waiting...hopelly

I tried to turn my car to the right way LOL just keep your eyes open and dont take too big risks, oke. No problem but you hit me LOL so it seems that i have insident report so what are you other guys think whos fault was that 'accident'?

I guess this discussion belongs in the incident report thread :) But I think the question is, when you spun your car, was 100% of your focus not to get away for the cars commng behind or was it to turn the car around ASAP? Looking at the replay, I think the best thing you could have done when you had spun the car was to throw it in reverse and continue backwards to the grass area on the left side of the track, alternatively quickly press esc. Your car was acctually on its way off the track when you stopped it to turn the car. It could be that the incident could haev been avoided if you had done nothing.

In my view it is almost impossible to blame Jonas, comming around the corner in almost 300km/h and have a split second to understand what side he is to pass your car that is moving... and I am not sure it was at all possible to avoid you whatever side he would try to pass on.

I managed to screw up start just touching grass and thought about reaching for esc but i manage to get back off track and out of the way but looking at replay it maybe made Peter and Valter reach at the start sorry guys :)
Also 1 bad passing attempt with Anthony i got braking wrong in last turn but i think we are cool :)

To be honest Im not sure whats the right reaction in this case.
I think its a good solution to talk about incidents but without being disrespectful, 1st I think its obvious that I cant learn anything from this incident to improve in similar situations because Im not spiderman and 2nd I have the feeling that Kimmo is not really willing to talk.
However if someone has some piece of advise Im always open to hear it.

I just want to say that I see big safety problem for future races if kimmo is neither willing to talk nor willing to see a mistake

I tried to turn my car to the right way LOL just keep your eyes open and dont take too big risks, oke. No problem but you hit me LOL so it seems that i have insident report so what are you other guys think whos fault was that 'accident'?

I'd like to coment on this but before doing that, I'd like the related posts to be moved to the incidents thread by the admin (is it possible?). Otherwise I'm afraid the race report thread will be "killed" by this topic and it could disencourage others to write there reports here or just read through the reports.

In my view it is almost impossible to blame Jonas, comming around the corner in almost 300km/h and have a split second to understand what side he is to pass your car that is moving... and I am not sure it was at all possible to avoid you whatever side he would try to pass on.

300 km/h at that place no way it's so slow corner, maybe Jonas got 100 before he hit me but not 300 never. I start my turn before he where on my eyes so he had plenty off time to avoid this, note that there was car in the middle of the road so you should be extra carefully then...or maybe i'm just too old and slow for this ****...

No incidents to report :)

I just had one strange moment when lapping Vale something around lap 25 or so (TS 2048). Checking replay and asking Vale after the race in chat, it looks like it was a strange sync issue which only affected me but not Vale (so all good :)). In the moment of lapping him between 2nd and 3rd chicane, his car suddenly appeared stationary infront of me for a split second and later jumped away to where he really was.
It felt like having a slight contact, because there was very little smoke and sparcs visible. Afterwards the car felt slightly different (also in FFB) but my crew didn't say anything. I was in doubt because it didn't handle that bad but different so I got wide in some turns without doing anything wrong. Especially when braking for the final hairpin, the car suddenly became instable and I went wide again when catching it
This moment i decided to pit for repairs and fresh tyres only. The crew didn't need extra time for repairs but after the stop the car was perfect again. Could it have been some slight damage to a tyre???

I try to make a vid of this situation asap (I hope to find the time though)...

To be honest Im not sure whats the right reaction in this case.
I think its a good solution to talk about incidents but without being disrespectful, 1st I think its obvious that I cant learn anything from this incident to improve in similar situations because Im not spiderman and 2nd I have the feeling that Kimmo is not really willing to talk.
However if someone has some piece of advise Im always open to hear it.

I just want to say that I see big safety problem for future races if kimmo is neither willing to talk nor willing to see a mistake

From my point of view you handle it very well mate! And from what I'm used in this friendly community here I do expect more from Kimmo.

Nice video jonas this shows clearly what time you had to react, i think i was just behind you as this happened. You can see that when you see car you go to avoid on right unfortunately this was also where kimmo was correcting. This track is very tight to which also was part of the problem here. but if Kimmo had map on he could have see a few cars coming and waiting for gap to spin.

300 km/h at that place no way it's so slow corner, maybe Jonas got 100 before he hit me but not 300 never. I start my turn before he where on my eyes so he had plenty off time to avoid this, note that there was car in the middle of the road so you should be extra carefully then...or maybe i'm just too old and slow for this ****...

It's not about if it was 100 kph or 300 kph. Maybe Nico just used this exaggeration to express that you allways come fast around a corner with a F1 so it's hard to avoid a stationary car. So in my eyes you can't say he had plenty of time to react.

The fact that you don't focus on avoiding the following cars first but immediately threw your car around in the middle of the track doesn't fit our unwritten golden rule that we care for others more than for ourselfs.

Just to be clear, the crash could also have happend with your best intentions to avoid it. So it would have been a race incident which we wouldn't need to discuss that much.

btw, I remember a real F1 race at the Hungaroring where a driver who had spun in the chicane received a stop and go penalty for immediately turning his car on track and causing big danger for others.

i think your seeing exactly why kimmo wasnt welcome in the league before guys, his attitude always sucked and he was always getting into arguements with fellow drivers, he never took the time to do race reports and always blamed someone else, im sorry but i wouldnt have voted for him to come back to the league.

This is formula 1 :) you would have had race engineer shouting on radio dont correct your car stay still cars coming !! the map is a way like having info on fuel lap times, gaps, sectors and weather information like the kind of info you would get from race engineer we can get this from things on screen.

Nice video jonas this shows clearly what time you had to react, i think i was just behind you as this happened. You can see that when you see car you go to avoid on right unfortunately this was also where kimmo was correcting. This track is very tight to which also was part of the problem here. but if Kimmo had map on he could have see a few cars coming and waiting for gap to spin.

I have map but Jonas have one too and he should watch it all the time, also there was smoke on the air and car in the middle of the track and he didn't even slow down, his attitude correct don't think so???

anyway I will not continue racing with guys this serious...this should be fun guys...bye bye...sorry

its definatly better you dont race with us kimmo, your attitude to the incident is disgracefull, youve no intentions of sorting it out with jonas all your intent on is blaming him when it was clearly your fault the incidnt happened, jonas tried to avoid you but when your doing stupid donuts in the middle of the track when theirs clearly other cars coming then im sorry but wake up you were to blame.

no loss to the league anyhoo.

I have to admit, Kimmo handled this one poorly. But nonetheless Jonas should not start the conversation like he did. Cloud of smoke and NO slowdown, Jonas is as guilty as Kimmo for this racing incident plus it's very hard to say anything when you think you didn't do that much wrong and EVERYONE turn against you. I wanted to wait to next day before starting to comment about the incident. And that's what this was, an incident, not as clear as most of you are willing to put it 100% Kimmos fault. What else could he done? Esc with a 100% intact car?

I would say that you guys handled this one as poorly as Kimmo did, from the moment the report came, everyone wanted to kick him out. I just hope that if i do similar mistake, i'm not getting kicked out in similar fashion.

I nearly did the same, i spun once and in midpack i had to turn the car in very tight spot trying to determine when the parked car was more dangerous than a car that's fully off the racingline.: the position of where my car ended was dangerous and waiting would've caused an accident. I just by sheer luck managed to spin the rear back in very tight space, i had grass under my rear, that helped a lot. But like i said, that was luck, i just got it turned before a car came round the corner.. You can't really see anyone when you've stopped, the green arrow will be magnified to it's biggest and it blocks everything closer than ~40m. Also the time gap is very hard to read, you need couple of seconds to determine what is the speed of the next car, nor does it tell, like in my case, if there is more than one car coming.

So i'm very disappointed how both parties handled this. Kimmo could've handled this differently but still, NO ONE defended him when EVERYONE knows that this was not a case of delibarate crashing or breaking any other rules but a racing incident.. So i understand that he took thay approach: just laugh when you've been hit from all sides.

nobodys turned against kimmo, i only base my thoughts on ast experiences of him. everyone else here has only stated about his attitude to resolving this incident, imo hes not intrested in resolving it, hes used some posts full of bad attitude to call respected members blind and say that jonas needs a penalty and then that this convo is over because he doesnt take it too seriously?, sorry but that sucks, jonas didnt do anythign wrong, if kimmo had waited or drove off the racing line it wouldve been fine, but instead he trys to perform a donut in the middle of the track when other cars are coming, and its clear on the videos that jonas trys to avoid and its kimmos car rear end that spins in front of jonas.

jonas had every right to start the incident report like he did as kimmo didnt think to even bother mentioning it, he severly damages another drivers car yet doesnt think it be right to say sorry or even mention it in a report? once he sees jonas has mentioned it he says oh ye jonas hit me penalty for jonas? cmon thats not the actions of someone intrested in resolving an incident and at least jonas posted it and was willing to work towards a resolution.

in my opinion this was kimmo fault 100%

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing