Season 8 Race MONTREAL '79 Incident Report

No incidents that I am aware of. :)

However, I had a really odd lag/ spike very close to the end of the race. I thought I saw someones car flash [appear then disappear] in front of me right before the second chicane. i do hope nothing damaging occurred to whomever that may have been.

Edit: I believe it was Bob Laube, but fortunately there was no apparent contact or damage. :) The Server replay will tell the story. I hope that i didn't scare you there Bob ~ lap 53... I was fearful at the time of the Aussie Internet lag spike

There was a situation with Kurt, where I saw the car I was chasing easily pass Kurt with me close behind (but I didn't get past, I was unsure if he let him past because he was one lap behind or if he had made a mistake, in those few sec I didn't know if Kurt was a lap behind or if I was racing him. Either way I stayed behind him and waited for an opportunity, but after some strange manouvering (were you trying to let me past?) he suddenly lost control and spun the car. I was quite close to him at this moment, and even though I felt nothing and didn't think we touched I feared the worst. This is how I remember it, I have not seen replay yet.

So, hopefully no incident to report, but I need to check the Kurt-situation before I can conclude.

No incidents to report :)

Edit: @TS 1600 I tried to make a pass on Nico Rouge, I braked much too late, went down the inside and straight on over the grass, Nico retained the position, no incident occured but it was a bit of a daft move

Me and Valerio Vinassa.
Time: 2642.
After second chicane.

I was chased closely by two cars when I suddenly saw Valerio in front of me after first chicane. I prepared to pass him right after the 2nd chicane. I entered the chicane a bit slower than usual, because I was already so close to Valerio, and I expected him to either stay on the driving line (in which case I would overtake him from the left side) or turn on the left side of the next straight (in which case I overtake from the right side). Instead, Valerio stayed in the middle and did not accelerate after the chicane as usual, which led to me not knowing which side to choose and running out of space resulting in back-ending Valerio with speed difference of 15-20 km/h.

I was a bit hasty there, but I think cars being lapped should try to behave predictable. Staying on the driving line, and accelerating and braking in the usual places is usually the best choice for a car being lapped.

Valerio, I am sorry for the spin that you had, because of the incident. But I think your car was ok after the spin?

Not my day today, did too much work with password hunting and lost my warmup time for that, qualy went so badly I was so cold, race started very nicelly had so many good battles but then lost my 'grip'. I may not have enough patient for this stuff in the middle of the week, so sorry. I will try one more race and check again if i'm ready for full season...thanks for all great event until it's ends too early...
I decided to let some time pass before commenting on this so this is not out of anger or anything
but in my opinion It's respectless that you talk exclusively about yourself after ruining someones race after only 13 laps
So at least take some time please to explain what you were trying to do here, because I dont know

I decided to let some time pass before commenting on this so this is not out of anger or anything
but in my opinion It's respectless that you talk exclusively about yourself after ruining someones race after only 13 laps
So at least take some time please to explain what you were trying to do here, because I dont know

I tried to turn my car to the right way LOL just keep your eyes open and dont take too big risks, oke. No problem but you hit me LOL so it seems that i have insident report so what are you other guys think whos fault was that 'accident'?

I keep my words back, Jonas Lex hit me lap 13, there's video for prove all this prutal race disaster, penalty needed for him...

You can't be serious Kimmo can you? You read and signed off on the Pre-Race thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...real-79-drivers-meeting-safety-special.48199/

The second great challenge is not making a mistake in t1 55 times in a row x 20+ drivers = 1100 times. If you lose control you need to immediatly focus on cars behind and be ready to esc out of the race if you are in dannger of collecting more drivers in your misfortune. (obviously there are many other places where losing control of the car can be devestating).

My view is that you made the mistake . And we don't have penalties in this league as they not needed.

penalty needed for him...

As Peter says, that's not the way we do things here at Presto

What we prefer is that both drivers review an incident and communicate with each other in a friendly and objective way, and ultimately agree on what both of them could do differently if the same situation were to occur again in the future

Other drivers will help to arbitrate if needed

That's the way it works here Kimmo

Jim

True... he did, what I'm trying to say is that we don't demand penalties here, neither do we apply them

I do have an opinion on what happend there but I'll keep it to myself for now in the hope that you and Jonas can sort it out between you:), that's the best way

Jim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back