Season 8 Race 9 Barcelona - Weather

It was the exact formula that we have been awaiting for many races.
I thought to say thank you to Daniel on my way by writing a small report so he can enjoy as well the superb weather that he created for this race. :)
The rain went from wet to dry, then wet again then dry, the off path ranged between 55% when it was wet to 40% when it was totally dry.

i started on inters, 55 % wet , on path 55 %, of path 55% up to lap 12-13 when the rain slowly start easing to 40 % , on path 40% and of path was 50% ,i went in for softs.

from lap 14 to lap 25 the track start drying slowly with rain around 10 % ,on path 18 % and of path 45 % or so , end of lap 25 i went in for softs again,

lap 26 - 27 it was no rain at all i guess and showed zero rain , track 10% wet and of path 45% , then lap 30 onwards the rain hit back again and climbed quickly to 39 % , on path 37 % and of path 50 % and stayed so up to lap 40 when my 3rd stop was due . i went in for the final softs.

Lap 41 onwards the track start drying very slowly and by the end of the race the rain had stopped completely, on path 10% , of path 40 % ..

those figures not so accurate , of memory when each time i had the chance to quickly check the telemetry to see what was happening with the weather .

i would like to mention as well that the track did not dry quickly when the rain eased of or totally stopped and it felt much more slippery & much harder to drive on compared to the rain practice servers ; example when the track was 30 % wet i was around 5 sec slower than the time i was doing on the 30 % server with the same tires and same amount of fuel , but we had lots of fun , actually one of the best wet races so far :inlove: ...

Thanks a lot Daniel , great job :thumbsup:

120 degrees inters are much faster than 60 degrees softs but lasted only 12-13 laps.. I'm guessing most of you used one compound "dryer" tires: in the start inters when i went all wet (55% wet), then at 40% wet to softs when i switched to inters. What i noticed in the practice was very different, 60% is perfect for all wets and 35% is perfect for inters. I just find it funny that someone would choose dry tires in so wet conditions, they must've been just awful to drive.. no wonder i could keep up with the rest of you, even laptimes were good, in the starting laps i really was 8th fastest guy on track.... Almost flipped when i looked at laptimes at that point and saw a lot of slower times on table, had to count how many were faster.. EDIT: looked wrong...On L2 and L7 i was fourth fastest... There were battling and minor mistakes in between... On lap 12 i was third...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back