Season 8 Race 9 - Barcelona Setup Thread

Thanks guys, with T1 and T5 taking the entry wider and later i lost half a sec... Raised frontwing to 7 (rear still 34...) helped getting better speed thru T3. Losing some time on the last two sectors thou... Going for high 1:18s if i get that last sector right.

Waching F1 and GP2 i really am jealous of T3 and T9 ( i think it's T9, Campsa) they can go to rumbles easily, if we try it, we'll go to grass in T3 and jumps heavily in T9.. The rumblestrip has an awful bumb in the latter and i desperately need that space...

EDIT: 1:18.9 with a ~0.4s mistake... EDIT II: 1:18.4 and could go to 1:18.1... wow, quite an improvement...from 1:19.8 in that video... I'll make a new one.

Very impressive lap David! Well done! :)

I see you have more balls taking the right hander over the crest close to flat out. I think I lift it longer there. And of course very clean driving anywhere else.

Are the changes to some softer values the reason you can use more curbs in the final chicane? Or have you already been able to do so with my original setup but have another style than me? I can't use much of the left curb, because it "catches" me and wants to spin the car...

theres one way to hit that kerb to be able to get through it, its so hard to get right its probably 1 in 10 trys to hit it perfect, before i was staying well away from it as you guys say it would catch you and throw the rear, but a slightly tighter line in and just hope for the best sort of thing.

thanks for the praise :)

p.s reik, whenever i start with one of your setups the first thing i do is soften it up slightly and add more negative camber, it helps with my style of driving, i prefer some serious understeer, your setups suit me as they understeer already i just like to add more, its probably not best for race situations but for qualifying i like to throw it in early and let understeer take me to the apex, to answer your question...no the softer arbs i think have helped with the change of direction over the crest and fast change from t1-t3, i think that kerb at the chicane is more just getting it bang on, i still dont hit it right every lap yet.

@Tim McIver : Yup, got it working at the end of stint. It was about tire pressure and 1st&2nd gear one click up. It was so small change, i could've just changed a bit how i took those last corners, it was better to find it thru minor setup change. It's still a handful after 13 laps with mediums but manageable.

To others, i found that my balance got screwed at the end of stints with worn tires. Started to spin even when taking things careful, rear tire pressures were wrong and i had to shortshift a lot, so that's why i changed the 1st two gear ratios. It's was so small and seemed insignificant, the problem only came at the end of stint. At the beginning i got a nice understeer, in middle it felt fast and firm but then it changed very fast.

Now i have only wet weather practice, racepace in the dry will be between 1:20 and 1:21, i guess that's good enough.. Any faster and i'll run out tires.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%