Season 8 Race 8 Bahrain- Drivers meeting

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
I'm really struggling with things at the mo, I'm rammed with work and my house renovation has begun, which means I'm not living here right now, only working here during the day, the place is a filthy building site:( on top of that I'm away for three days this weekend and I've got a client asking me if I can work in their office in Newmarket for 3 days next week:unsure:, I'm in danger of loosing the plot at some point

At the moment I can't see how I'm going to be ready and prepared for next weeks event, I've not done a single lap yet, it may be just one thing too much for me

I'll let you know on Tues

Jim

First Race
Hungary | Hungaroring | August 29th 2012
295ppph.png
sgn1w1.png
First of all we warmly welcome every drivers who has found the way to this thread and would like to sign up! :)
1. Sign-up requirements

In order to sign-up, it is necessary first of all to have understood all rules, procedures and points about the race format we are running.
That's why it is necessary to read and make sure to have understood all points in the New League Members (Presto GP explained) Thread before signing up.

Second, even though driving skills are not an important criterium to become part of this league it is necessary to check that every driver who joins the league can drive a race safely.
So please make sure to practise with some of our current league drivers on one of the Presto GP practise servers or take part in one of the season preperation events.

2. Signing-up

To sign up, confirm that you have understood all points by posting following text as a reply:
I want to sign up for the 9th season of the Presto GP European Division and I have read and understood all league rules, procedures and the race format.

3. Entry list
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
Green = Accepted

Next Race
Race 1 Hungary | Hungaroring | August 29th 2012
295ppph.png

League Website PrestoGP.com
League Admin Nicolai Nicholson
Game required Race 07
All cars in this mod have the same technical data, so car choice has no influence on racing performance.
Other downloads required
Race Replays, Result files and the Skinpack can be downloaded from here
once you are approved to drive in the league.
Game settings
Forced Cockpit View: On
Driving helps: All off except Automatic Clutch
Weather: Changeable (see point "Weather")
Start mode: Standing
Superpole: On
Damage Sensitivity: 70%
Mechanical Failure: Off
Flag Rules: None (i.e. no pit limit, cutting is still prohibited)
For further information see the official rules over here.
Introduction
Welcome to Presto GP
The Presto GP Formula Racing series is one of the most advanced formula simracing leagues of the world.
It was started in 2008 and is currently in the 9th season.
Lap times can be reviewed on the Presto GP website over here
9th Season Race Calendar
331mvk1.png
Session Info
All times are in British Time.
Notice the Clock Change in Britain to Greenwich Mean Time on October 28th,
depending on where you live this may affect the start times for you.
To be sure not to miss a race check the current British Time.
19:00 Free Practise
20:00 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
20:10 Superpole Qualifying
20:15 Warmup
20:20 Race (Duration: 70 minutes)
Liveries
Customized car skins are not mandatory but are always welcome :)
Liveries can be changed any time during the season.
See the Skin thread for further information on how to create skins.
Standings and Points
The current standings of the Drivers Championship can be found here once the season has started.
A detailed point system will be calculated once the number of drivers for the coming season can be estimated
Penalties
Presto GP does not make any use of a penalty system, each driver is expected to behave responsibly at all time.
Incidents are analized after each race involving all drivers in order to get a learning effect for everyone.
Should a driver not stick to the Codex, he will either receive a warning, or, in serious or repeated cases,
be banned from the league.
Weather
Each session of a Grand Prix is run with customized weather created by our weather guru Daniel Hansson.
Daniel will post 2 weather forecasts for every Grand Prix.
The first forecast will be posted 1 week and the second 1 day before the race.
Drivers can use this information to decide wether they want to gamble and only practise for a dry race
or play it safe and practise for both dry and wet conditions.
Tires
There are no regulations on who often a compound has to be used.
Dry Tires
There are three available compounds for dry conditions,
Soft, Medium and Hard Tires.
Notice that with the current league format Hard Tires have a disadvantage over the other two compounds, so it's recommended to always use Soft and Medium Tires in normal dry conditions.

Intermediate Tires
Inters are recommended between a track wetness of 75% (mid Light-Rain Conditions) and 85% (starting Heavy-Rain Conditions).
Heavy Wet Tires
Heavy Wets are recommended from a track wetness of 85% on.
Absence
Presto GP relies on and has always consisted of consistent drivers.
Before you sign up make sure that you are available for most of the racing dates.
Should you be unable to make it for one of the races please give notice in the forum as soon as possible.
Signing-Up
Sign-ups are possible at any time between as well as during seasons.
See the Sign up Thread for further information

I am not likely going to be able to drive tomorrow :( I developed a stye on the inside of my right eye over the weekend. It is quite uncomfortable, but the biggest issue is that the vision in my right eye is impaired and it tears up constantly. I'll give it a try in the morning, but right now it doesn't look good. Sorry..... On the bright side, my new load cell arrived and I have brakes again :D

Damn, really feel bad to see so many absences and having to do it myself.. Haven't been able to practice and looks like i don't get a chance to do so. I did do some laps a week ago but am i safe? Not really. Pace? Not too far but this time i might have to skip it. Should've practiced when i had time.

Yes, i'm confirming by absence. In top of not really practicing, i have a nice little blister (1x2cm) on my right hand, in the root of the thumb, just where the main grip and pressure on the wheel is formed.. Tried a lap on Nords earlier and that confirmed that i'm not even fit to drive. Tha's really sad, i started to like Bahrain as a track.

Sorry guys:(

I'm not gonna be able to make it, I've got to put in a late shift drawing up an iPod dock display :coffee:, I need to try and finish it tonight so I can get back onto demolishing my house tomorrow

Gutted

Jim

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%