Season 8 Race 6 - Track choice

I think it was Jim who mentioned that Sepang had bugs and suggested we switch it. If we are to do this we have to do it fast, but what exactly is the bug-problem with Sepang?

It is one of my favorite tracks and it is wide and spacious and offers several passing opportuneties, something that will be a fresh breath after two races on dangerous street tracks.

sepang has a bug too that we found out with the f3000, theres not enough open pits, there was a number of us who tried to pit at the end of the first stint only to be kicked back onto the track with no fuel or tyres changed, if i remember correctly it was the pit boxes with closed garage doors?

cant remember if this bug was still there when we last used it for f1's.

sepang has a bug too that we found out with the f3000, theres not enough open pits, there was a number of us who tried to pit at the end of the first stint only to be kicked back onto the track with no fuel or tyres changed, if i remember correctly it was the pit boxes with closed garage doors?

cant remember if this bug was still there when we last used it for f1's.

Was this an aut-pit problem? A problem that only occured if Auto-Pit was switched on?

Im sure this problems wasnt to do with auto pits, i can remember a few used auto and some manual that got sent back out. I think it was something to do with the the total number of garages. i think it was set to something like 18 cars and was somehow changed to 25 i think after we had the problem. Only way to check would be to have enough 20 + cars on the server go to race see if everyone could pit .

I'll check the AIW to see how many garages/pits there is available..

EDIT: Ok, there's 16 spots available with 2 slots shared per team, normal practice. Slots 11-16 are different from the rest. I didn't find anything wrong with the pits themselves but the garage positions looked a bit close to pit positions. I don't know if that affects in anyway since garage positions are not used when you're on track, it's just a reset location for each individual car. I'll try to remove slots 11-16 and share slots 1-6 with 3 cars.. Testing now...Come on, start already...

EDIT II: The return of the Edit: Ok, looks all right, the game loads with 26 AI drivers fine and none are located in fornt the closed garages.. The trackbuilder really hasn't thought this one thru, there is no reason to use 11 garages when F1 has 12 teams with 2 cars each and the game default is 25 slots (or 26 with 13 slots x 2 ) and the building has 15 garages.. I know it looks cooler when some doors are closed, i use that in Cicada too but i made sure that there is enough available open garages for all cars...

Fortunately the game can use even one pit/garage shared by all cars, the max available slots is defined in the grid/teleport... I'll test if the AI can make it thru the race with forced pitstops, if the AI makes it then we should have no problems, i'll report it in the EDIT III: The Revenge of EDIT.

EDIT III: The Revenge of....: Ok, 25 AI made it thru pits without a hitch. Should we still test it with human drivers? We need at least 12 drivers.

Sepang is such a wonderful track that it would be a shame for not having the opportunity to race on it. Maybe the best of Tilke tracks, better than Istanbul.

Let's start gathering volunteers, i'm of course available any time of day... Maybe next wednesday would be good day for it, we get to practice the summertime schedule too ;) It only takes about ½h to do few attempts..

I would assume using Wednesday night as the best shot at gathering enough ppl to test, but would be open for any other time and day s well, e.g. this Weekend, to get Aussies. To get the ball rolling I'll start signing up for Wednesday, but if anybody suggest another time I am availeble I will sign up there as well, and then we'll soon learn what day and time we should go for.

Btw, let's make the test fun as well, a 30 min race with mandatory pit stop could be a lot of fun, but you should decide the details Kennett, as you know what you need :) (Keeping the event as short as possible makes it easier for more ppl to commit, maybe we can lure even Reik to join if the whole thing takes only 40 min :) of the evening)

Practice race Wednesday (9pm Uk time?) :
01. Nicolai

All we really need is enough people to make sure those spots 11 onwards are being used.. Maybe we'll do two stops in 30min race :) I'm actually 99% confident that my AIW fix works, if AI can make it then it always has worked before, AI is really picky on how the pitbox to pitlane waypoints connects, they brake and and get out of the box fluently, that's always a good sign.....

There are other bugs in the CAM file but that won't affect race one bit... It's really strange that for a such highly detailed track there are these noobish mistakes, makes me think that it ain't scratch built after all but a conversion job (i'm talking about the rFactor track from which this is converted from, it's identical to Race07 version...) but since it's declared legal, i won't be saying anything more... ;) It just if it's scratch built, then for such a huge effort the easiest parts of the process are botched...

I can ask if my betatesters they are free if we need to fill out the grid. Since this is purely just a test there's not such a need for racepace.. ;)

Practice Race:
5 min super pole, 30 min race with 2 mandatory pit stops:
Wednesday (9pm Uk time?) :
01. Nicolai
02. Kennett

EDIT: And i'm sure that if we put a post in the general Race section here, we get enough people.. But i would prefer if we can manage this without "outsider" involment...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back