Season 8 Race 6 SEPANG Incident Report

Tapped Kurt going into T14 on Lap 40. I was trying to set up for a pass in T15 and when I realized I was closing too fast, I went to the outside to try and avoid contact, but still tapped. It did not look like it effected you too much, but very sorry none the less.

Lap 29 - Bumped wheels with Nico going into turn 1 [Nico was on my inside after leaving the pit lane]

Apologies Nico. My only excuse is that I could not see your car from my cockpit until.... I didn't quite go deep enough into the Turn 1 to ensure we kept clear of one another.

Hope you were unscathed. Very much enjoyed our battle today.:)

TS 3700 : me and Marko
Marko passed me at the inside at T4 but braked too late and I couldn't avoid him. We both went to the gravels. I think it's a race incident, we're both to blame : Marko for braking too late and me not trying to avoid him. No harm done though, he was faster so his place was well earned, and I didn't lose any more places.

No incidents for me :)

In the lap 1 heat I just had a tiny tap on the back of someone but without any consequences. I also received two taps in this close racing but no problem for me. :) Nevertheless If someone feels harmed please let me know...

I have two incidents to report for which I think I am to blame. I want to apologize both Vincenzo and Nicolas Rouge, who had to suffer slightly for my missjudgements.

Lap 11 (time 1131) I hit Vincenzo Cavaliere from behind at T14. I was very close to Vincenzo at the braking point and I brake late (normal late braking point). I didn´t expect losing so much downforce due to being so close behind Vincenzo. I run into Vincenzo´s car with a speed difference of 15 km/h and he span. I waited him and let him continue in front of me after the incident. As far as I know, neither one of us got damage to the car. This incident was totally my fault. I missjudged the cars braking ability in close proximity of another car. I´m terribly sorry Vincenzo.

Lap 38 (time 3700) I tried to overtake Nicolas Rouge at the braking zone for T4. I brake a little too late and was not able to leave gap for Nicolas. I think I am also to blame for this incident as Nicolas´ driving line was such that two cars could have made through the corner, whereas my driving line went wide, which caused the collision. Right after the incident had happened I judged it to be racing incident and did not let Nicolas to pass me afterwards, which I should have done (as everybody can see when watching the replay). No damage to the cars, and I think this incident did not change the end result of the race.

This race seemed to give more overtaking opportunities than the two previous races (Montreal ´79 and Melbourne) we´ve had and the only races I´ve had at Presto GP. In this race I had some great fighting with overtaking attempts on Vincenzo, Nicolas R., Jim, and Tim. These resulted in two slight touches, which caused some harm for my fellow drivers (Vincenzo and Nicolas R.). I´m sorry for these and I perceive that I have to leave a little more margin for error when making overtaking attempts in the future races.

Lap 11 (time 1131) I hit Vincenzo Cavaliere from behind at T14. I was very close to Vincenzo at the braking point and I brake late (normal late braking point). I didn´t expect losing so much downforce due to being so close behind Vincenzo. I run into Vincenzo´s car with a speed difference of 15 km/h and he span. I waited him and let him continue in front of me after the incident. As far as I know, neither one of us got damage to the car. This incident was totally my fault. I missjudged the cars braking ability in close proximity of another car. I´m terribly sorry Vincenzo.

no problem mate!, I did a 360 turn for not wasting time..

Tim, (1273) so sorry!, I could not to avoid contact

no more incident to report

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back