Season 8 Race 4 Montreal '79 - Drivers meeting

Cant wait to drive again, as always new track but my first impressions of Montreal are very good, I think I will be putting down my first laps before Monday. :)
Just a short question, I have followed the talk about doing long stints more than just improving the Q time in order to become more consistent, I think thats what I have to work on too.
Is it possible to make a server with a 999 min long Q session, because Ive seen that at the Quali Event of the touring car series here on RD.
Its not a big thing but I prefer to make long stint tests with better grip level which the practise session doesnt have.

Hello Joakim
Sure I will try my best...

The whole discussion can be found in these two threads
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-8-race-montreal-79-race-report.48239/
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-8-race-montreal-79-incident-report.48238/

First of all the incident which started this argument:
(Im the orange car, kimmo is the other one)

and Kimmos 1st post after the race:

Not my day today, did too much work with password hunting and lost my warmup time for that, qualy went so badly I was so cold, race started very nicelly had so many good battles but then lost my 'grip'. I may not have enough patient for this stuff in the middle of the week, so sorry. I will try one more race and check again if i'm ready for full season...thanks for all great event until it's ends too early...

I expected that he would apologize for the incident or at least mention it in any way so I wrote this

I decided to let some time pass before commenting on this so this is not out of anger or anything
but in my opinion It's respectless that you talk exclusively about yourself after ruining someones race after only 13 laps
So at least take some time please to explain what you were trying to do here, because I dont know
That was the only post I addressed to Kimmo

Kimmo saw the situation a bit different and then demanded a penalty for me which isnt possible at PrestoGP.

I keep my words back, Jonas Lex hit me lap 13, there's video for prove all this prutal race disaster, penalty needed for him...

Our leagueadmin Nicolai and several other drivers explained that they thought the incident was Kimmos fault so he reacted with this post which was the 1st post that I reported:

I think you're blind, also this is not rallycross...

After Nicolai summed up the situation to close this case Kimmo again had a different opinion and specified his 1st insult: (2nd post that I reported)

(...) Also note that all my words earlier today belongs to Jonas not ever said that Reik or Davis is blind no way :)
Thanks!

I didnt answer this post

Then Kimmo posted a race report were he again said that the incident and another incident before with Bob Laube werent his fault (I have not looked further into the other incident)

Just checked my race replay. It was very close with Bob but there wasn't any contact see image and replay from this angle.So it was Bob's own show he play there he was that so carefully that he lost control...zzzzZZZZzzzzz

I also checked 13 lap by Jonas Lex and his driving really looks more like rallycross than F1, sorry. And please check especially his last turn of lap 11, that's tapping thought...also there's that last insident he just hit more gas until it's too late to avoid hitting my car, yellow flag swaying also :)

Anyway thats all, this league definitely needs practise races to practice racing with these monsters...not mandatory but official practice race for newbies.

no_contact.JPG

So Bob Laubes response to that

You've pushed me definitely at 121.24 from behind!

But it was not so bad, so I over something like that, especially in the first lap,
look away.

What I think about your statements, however,
I am sorry to say,
from your personal character, you play in another league!

And Kimmos response to Bobs post

...zzzzZZZZzzzzz

From this point on I had the feeling that Kimmo was only interested in provoking league members so I posted this

I think its obvious that kimmo just wants to provoke at this point so in my opinion its the best just to ignore him and if he keeps on trolling Im sure he can get banned from the PrestoGP Forum or something because RD is very strict regarding bad behaviour

And then Kimmos last post (reported post No 3) which was the final reason to make the 3 post reports:

This is my last post for this episode.

In my opinion Bob did scared about Jonas Lex who push very hard to the T1 and then bob lost control, if my car hits his car so there was nothing to do I tried to be as carefully as possible. Maybe his front tire stuck to curb with more grip and his speed stop so quickly. If you check my driving from the start you can see that I did not have too much hurry although my start was amazing fast.

One's again this league is mix of very good and experienced drivers but there's also these Jonas newbies without all needed experience how to compete with F1. No matter if you have experience with some other cars this is totally different world of sport. Jonas, cool down this should be fun don't drive blood on your mouth this is not so important. Take your your time to learn how to drive these monsters and have fun. Do not try to win the race at the 1st lap etc.

Bob

Image:
jonas_lex_again.jpg

Since I sent the reports fortunately noone responded to this post so there havent been any further arguments about any incidents.

The reason for my report:
Simply the language Kimmo used especially in the 3 reported posts.
I respect his opinion if he thinks that the incident was my fault but the way he talks to every league member is in my opinion respectless.

I hope this is summed up clearly enough, if not just ask :)
Thx for your time looking into this
Best regards
Jonas

Definetely either 999min qualy or pracrice2, both have enough grip to practice fully online. I did only two online sessions last time because it's useless to do setups in practice1, both sessions just to get into PrestoGP.com laptime list..

Very nice videos :) . I think the grip is also different from q to race aswell i may be wrong but i think its better to do stint practise. I know sometimes not many will join and i usually wait 2 qs before doing a race on the 17lap/stint server and do a stint myself unless Nico pops up a message :) .We should maybe have everyone in steam friends to arrange stints with people etc and would also help if someone had issues race nights.

I like your thinking. I enjoy the long practice server sessions myself; it is a race session in itself where anyone can join mid-race so to speak.

Often in the past I would find the solitary race server in constant race mode with 1 person on it. Tim? I don't like to interupt people when they in their race with steam message tho. I have very little time in reality to "have a run" so I think the same of others. Solitary practice sessions offline are just fine too.

The less grip thing in practice means nothing to me. Add some rain and there is even less. I am not gonna be on the top of the Presto Time Sheets.:)

I'm like Sean, I'll hang out in the q session of the stint server hoping for someone else to join, and if nobody does, I'll do a stint by myself that I do find entertaining because it is such a great challenge to do as even laps as possible.

The problem with occupying the stint server can easily be solved through having 2 (like we do now).

I enjoy the long practice server sessions myself; it is a race session in itself where anyone can join mid-race so to speak.

We also have a practice session server, to the likes of Peter, Valter etc. and this time it is session "Practice 2" as Kennett requested

Last race we missed a few guys so I thought I would be a bit more thourough this time.
These guys are those who are currently members and expected to the race:

Andy
Anthony
Bob La
Bob Lu
David McC
David T
Eliezer
Gaetano
Helder
Jim
Jonas
Kennett
Kurt
Nicolai
Nicolas
Peter
Reik
Sean
Tim
Valerio
Valter
Vincenzo

Those marked in yellow I feel I have less control over, Vince is usually very relieable, but he didn't show for the last race and I have not herd from him since.

David and Gaetano did not show for last race and neither have started practicing for the next one.

Helder have almost disappeared after a very promising start at PrestoGP.

I would like to get these things sorted well in time before the race. If there are anyone who cannot make the race, please let us know (in the forum or with a email to RD).

Also Marko Vuori is expected to join our league, but I have not seen any post from him yet,

Kimmo I think also plan to join next race.

Everyone can use the skin they desire, custom made or default one. What we like are
a) that one do not change skin too often (so we can learn to recognise each other by skin)
b) that the various skins we use do not look to much like each other (so we can see the difference between drivers). No point having 7 Ferraris out there if you know what I mean.

These are not stric rules, only guidelines to keep in the back of once heads when choosing skins :) No problem if Kennett and Kimmo use the same skin, then at least we know it is a Finn we see in our mirrors (or ahead on the road) :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back