Season 8 Race 2 Silverstone - Drivers meeting

thanks Peter for put a bit of pepper in our league with this new layout:)

I don't think we can race the new layout Valerio, it is too late. Some might have already practiced a fair bit on the old version while others might notice these posts too late. Either way I forsee problems if we switch (although I would like to myself :) )

Perhaps we can have a fun race there around the times of the real F1 Silverstone race (it is during our summer brake, right?)

but if we all started practise from now we'd all have equal oppertunity to learn it before the race?

just a suggestion ill race whatever i have to but obviously would prefer the new layout big time.

race director could send an email like the password email, everyone seems to recieve that alright, could inform people of the track change, im just finding it hard to get excited about the old track now that ive tried the new one lol its probably one of the best re-creations ever made for race07.

We are only 20 ppl or so, and around 5 have already expressed their personal opinion. Make the other 15 or so guys to post their blessings here as well asap, and we'll go for it.

The RD can perhaps send out an e-mail reminding ppl to stay updated on the drivers meeting thread :)

Btw Peter, thanks for bringing the track to our attention... ;) (<-sarcastic humor, well meant ofcourse :) )

no problem Nico Im speed also in old layout:p :D
now Im serious is right what you say about .... too late for change ..... ok we can fight in summer brake:)

PS
....but if we all started practise from now we'd all have equal opportunity to learn it before the race?;)
I think like you David now I do 13laps on server setup same race BritishGP medium tires 65lit. best 1:33:7
but think also that maybe not all fellows have free time for pratic e on new track:)

We are only 20 ppl or so, and around 5 have already expressed their personal opinion. Make the other 15 or so guys to post their blessings here as well asap, and we'll go for it.

The RD can perhaps send out an e-mail reminding ppl to stay updated on the drivers meeting thread :)

Btw Peter, thanks for bringing the track to our attention... ;) (<-sarcastic humor, well meant ofcourse :) )

hehehe :)
Your most welcome sir. Please pass on my regards to the RD.

I still haven't driven the track. I do like the idea of using a newer unrehearsed track for the race. Add a sprinkle or two and it could be closer and more interesting racing.

Also agree that "checking in" with the forum regularly makes the league run more smoothly. Jim's living in a tent due to renovations though; stay warm mate. J :)

Ah well,
it's a serious and professional competition ...

Not really, but when there is no previous agreement, and the final decition is left with me, I like to stay on the safe side, therefore I said everybody needed to agree. When that didn't happen...

I might add, I hate it when the final word is left with me, especially if I do not know what is right/there is no right answer

I might add, I hate it when the final word is left with me, especially if I do not know what is right/there is no right answer

Yes mate. Thank you for putting up with us all.

I am not disappointed by the decision taken. I would have been very very surprised had the motion to change track passed. Just make sure it rains by increasing that 25% chance to 75%. J

all good..

I remember voting no to re-running the Melbourne race so....

but if we all started practise from now we'd all have equal oppertunity to learn it before the race?

That's of course right if it's all about starting to learn a "new" track(layout). I also would have liked the callenge of racing a "new" track. My point is, that it's not only about learning a new track but changing a basic part of the event structure within the two weeks preparation time.

Imagine a driver who uses all of the first week to completely prepare for the event, because he has too much real life duties in the second week. Then the majority (but not this one driver) decides to change the track one week prior the event, because they think it's a democratic decision and it would be fair, that everybody has the same time to start preparing from zero in this second week before the event. How fair would it really be for the driver, who has no time in the second week?

Considering such or similar scenarios I understand that Nicolai only would have changed the track if 100% of the drivers agree.

Ah well,
it's a serious and professional competition ... it was Reik wasn't it? J :)

Hey, hey! :) I hope everyone could read out of my previous posts, that I would have liked the change. I only mentioned my bad feelings doing so without the agreement of everyone.

btw: Please don't overrate me at this track! :)

Not really, but when there is no previous agreement, and the final decition is left with me, I like to stay on the safe side, therefore I said everybody needed to agree. When that didn't happen...

Don't worry mate! :) Your doing a great job!

I'm sure that everyone who doesn't join such discussions trusts in your decisions 100%.

About cutting and running wide, again my feeling is that this is not a problem at Silverstone.

It is possible to cut in Maggots & Co, but that unsettles the car so much that I doubt there is anything to gain in speculating in it.

Some places it is possible to run wide big-time, I assume nobody would exploit this either.

I think there's not one place where you can really benefit from cutting. And Silverstone has such a pedigree that some of the kerbs are really part of the track. None of those are wide enough to put the car all four wheels beyond white line, more likely if one can cut/run wide it's a case of balls and pure luck. No time gain.. Allthou this version of Silverstone has the old layout corners completely cut free but that about 50m from the track (Vale and Abbey won't be giving penalties if you take the cuts, i did the final lap today using those and got 1:12.322 lap time...Yes, it was just pure fun, i'm not planning of using them... It's good to know now that that server records hotlaps but only in qualy session, phuuuh) Some of the info here really is not for the new comers to the league...

Some of the info here really is not for the new comers to the league...

I'm not sure if I understand your words right. Do you mean new comers don't get enough essential infos here? If so, they can watch the posts from Nicolai, starting with this one http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...bul-drivers-meeting.45591/page-3#post-1039413 to read all of the important things about our league and rules. :)

I addition I made a short vid about making a pit stop, so new comers can get an idea what's important there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back