Season 8 Race 2 Silverstone - Drivers meeting

I have assumed an avg. race pace of 1:18.00 and 51 laps That will give us a race length similar to Istanbul, give or take a minute, assuming my avg. race pace estimate is accurate... (any of you fast drivers think 1:18.0 is a too conservative estimate?)

I believe it sounds right Nico, I have not done any stint yet but of the top of my memory the grip and also the tire wear is relatively high on this track so a stint of 17 laps on softs will most likely be a challenging task..:)

yes, 1:18 as an average race pace for the fast drivers sounds ok.

@Peter: The following two weeks I won't have much time to practice, so expect me a little bit slower. :)

No time to practice? In that case, let's race this layout instead:
2011 Silverstone:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=34805

:)

P.S. all meant in good humour...

I didn't have time to read it all, but if it is a new and improved track I would not be opposed to try it out and perhaps use it instead. But I am 1/20 vote, some drivers might have practiced a lot on the excisting track and will be opposed to change?!

I will add my vote for this new layout and make it 3/ 20 ( counting Peter's :)) , i have not tried it yet but i am always in favour of trying something different to enjoy that extra challenge ...

Would it be possible Nico to add this track the the server so we can try it ?
thx

hmmm... I'd also like to give my vote to the new layout but in terms of fairness for all those, who have already practiced much on the old layout to have a good pace it would just not feel right to me changing the track so late.

hmmm... I'd also like to give my vote to the new layout but in terms of fairness for all those, who have already practiced much on the old layout to have a good pace it would just not feel right to me changing the track so late.

I kind of agree in this. I have not done significant testing yet, and I think there are many others that could say the same, but it is enough that one guy have put down a fair bit of practice to make it wrong to change now.

hehe :)
I haven't driven Silvers 2011 yet. I regularly snoop around NoGrip track downloads.

I thought it may be of interest to those who like myself enjoy a quick drive around the track prior to the F1 telecast [i.e after season 8]. I have never driven the current layout of Silvers; I guess the Codemasters' F1 games [shudder] have it. I wasted a grand total of 45 agonizing minutes with my copy of F1 2010. J haha on me. :) [I purchased the retro pack + today :)]

It is absolutely a fantastic track, i loved it and i wish u mentioned this track earlier Peter so the race director would have the time to get the vote done in time, i tried it yesterday ( of line) and it did not take me more than 6 laps to find the braking points and be familiar with the new layout and posted 132.00 using Reik setup from Istanbul , it is a bit longer but it is easy to memories it , the grip level is also more realistic than the old one with more passing opportunities...

i still won’t mind to use it for this race but off course it is a team descision :)

Waffing about which track to run a week before the race is a problem. I don't really care which layout is run, but I do care that a firm decision is made quickly.

ok for new track:)
I had a problem with my pc orrible crash sunday in race lap1 with rF GP2 now change power supply and this evening is a good chance for test track and pc
dowln now and will try but think is actually track of real F1 ( I had tried this track with GP2 on rF;) )

thanks Peter for put a bit of pepper in our league with this new layout:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back