Season 8 Race 1 Istanbul - Drivers meeting

wow very nice, thx for your effort explaining everything Nico! :)
Maybe it would make sense to put all this information in an info thread right at the top so that it can be found easier
But yeah all questions are answered now :)

The result was that almost everybody was on a 2 stopper... lol. The intentions were to make the two strategies more equal in general to see more variation in strategy, but we over did it.

Yes this is true.. imo it is the tyre models [the grip and wear rates] that are an insurmountable "problem" with this mod.

After my early stop and repair at the A1 [Red Bull] ring last season, I switched to Mediums with "everyone" else appearing to be on Super-Softs and 2+ seconds a lap quicker than me. I finished the race safely but felt very underwelmed by the entire experience. Live and learn....

I think the first turn at Istan is one of the easier T1 entries that we'll have all season, if we are all careful on the brakes and down shift there is plenty of room for us all to go though turn 1 without incident

It's mainly the bumpy over the hump braking zone we need to be careful of, as long as no one brakes way too late, shifts down too quick and looses the rear end we should be ok, it's just a question of our attitude and approach to the start that will make the difference, caution over aggression and plenty of practice starts :) should see us through

I have total confidence in everyone:) (now watch me go and screw it up:eek: )

Jim

Nothing secret about this Peter. All old Presto chauffeurs know this two stop strategy on softs is the fastest option in most cases. I guess this is useful for our new drivers. We can consider this info sort of a welcome to them:)
Appears to me,and I may be needing glasses soon, that a shorter 1st stint [13laps] with softs all round followed by two slightly longer stints using Softs on the left-side and Mediums on the right side will be optimal; seeing as it will definitelty be a dry race. That'll be my plan I think. I guess I need to test Uber-Softs too...

Should we vote on weather conditions for future races? An idea.... 30% wet for me. :) J

I think the first turn at Istan is one of the easier T1 entries that we'll have all season...
Agreed :) It's really only an issue when someone is trying to attack [or distract] you on the inside "forcing one to go slightly deep on entry. This can be an issue. Of course I only speak for myself.... and I also might go and "stuff-it-up" without anyone else's assistance required. :) most humiliating. J

Lol, thanks Vale, i loved that comic :)

And Jonas, i will gather the essential guidelines in one thread, so that others can suplement with what I forget (like Peter, Vale and jim have already done). I'll make the thread tomorrow, because it is getting too late tonight :)

Also, I have a plan for the weather issue which I will share with you all tomorrow. (but the race at Istanbul will obviously be normal and dry weather).

Sorry if I have not replied to my confirmation for the new Season, I was undecided until now because after I entered I realized looking at the fixtures have a problem. I have a morning or afternoon shift work until 9:00 pm and then when the race starts, in past Seasons I've gotten more or less good, but this season I have the first two but the remaining 8 are to coincide with my turn in the afternoon (I might ask some permission but I'm not sure in ensuring all the races (. Since these dates were all to agree I am the only one with this problem I do not want changes to be made for me that could disturb others.
I saw that there are many members I thought it right to give way to those who may be present more than me this Season

Very nice video Vincenzo, thank you :) And it is a perfect demonstration on how we leave room for each other, that's how we stay alive :) So to new guys, notice how everybody always leaves room on his inside/outside if he thinks there could be someone there. We never "shut the door" before we know the coast is clear :) There is nothing we fear more than to destroy a co-racer's race, we will rather crash ourselves out than someone else.

Hey Everyone, I'm here and have read through the thread. I've also been practicing T1 with race fuel and working out my braking points for the inside and outside lines. (Though I presume there will likely be a car or two in front of me so I'll probably have to brake much earlier!).
Did we decide on 46 or 47?
See you all in the morning.

Tim.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back