Season 7 - Skins

Myself and Andy will be using the usual skin

name: Jim Hawley/Andy Paries
In-game skin: no
Skin URL:
Skin already in PrestoGP Updater: Yes
Folder name: Team Jupiler F1

Jim

Do we have Dave Russell's skin in the updater? I did not see a folder for him/ ran the updater this morning....

Yes, that's true. I think I asked him in the practice race to e-mail it to the race director. maybe he forgot, or maybe the race director have forgotten to add it to the updater. I'll check it out. Dave, if you are out there and haven't sent it to the race director, could you do it as soon as possible so that we can see you the way you are meant to be seen in the race? :)

Hi, sorry i've been slacking recently with it! My skin is 99.9% finished, i'm just trying to find the time to sort the nose out, I put 2 lightning stripes down it but not happy with it and think it needs changing so didn't want to upload a half finished skin. I'm also worried that the radical contemporary design of it might not be accepted as it is so different from the "normal", "professional" racing skin design, which includes the hemp-leaf on the rear wing end plates. If people are offended by it, or don't thing it "fits", then I will change it for the league as it was originally inspired for racing when using my alias, this wont be a problem as I totally understand peoples views about these kind of subjects because I also once held these views very strongly throughout all my teenage years about "damn druggies" (oh how times change hehe). On the contrary, I do hope however i'm not pre-judged by anyone that i'm some kind of yobbish hoodie wearer that just gets wasted and watches the world float by! lol Anyway im not here to justify myself and probably rambling on a bit, so heres a picture of what it does look like, and providing no one has an issue with it, i'll sort the nose out and get it sent! But like I say, I fully understand others views on the matter! :redface: If people like it then it'll only inspire me to spend more time making different "radical" skins (excluding any inappropriate graphics if required :))

Dont know if this is going to work, no matter which link I try, I keep getting invalid URL, wierd, ive posted images many times before on other forums without any issues like this :confused: Ive added the link manually and since I cant preview my post first, lets hope it works..
sKuNKdoSE_skin.jpg

lol "How's my driving?" After Spa race you should print this on every site of your car! :) (just kidding)

For me the skin looks very cool and could be used this way. From the colour choice you'll seperate very well from the others, this is good.

That's different:tongue: but also very nice, and quite green:tongue:

I have no issues with the "leaf" (although I'm not a user myself), as long as it doesn't catch fire out on track we should be OK:cool:

Jim

Thanks for the comments so far guys, as long as Nico is ok with it too, ill get it finished up! :)

BTW, if anyone would like me to have a tinker with a skin for them to give me something else to do for when i'm feeling creative then feel free to send me an email, including anything you like - like colour, logo's or such like but most importantly, the car you drive, as all the skins are different :D

customskins#f1@gmail#com (replace the hashes for dots)

I just created the account and now got the notifications setup on my phone to keep track of new emails, I can't guarantee fast results but I will get round to having go at some point, also depends on the demand lol Also just to bear in mind that i've only worked with the McLaren skin so far, so others may take a little more time :)

For me, the best skins are those who are easily identifiable, so I can recognise them on the track :) So in that sense your skin is perfect! It is easy to tell from a crowd, and it is easy to "learn" that this skin is yours due to the symbol used :) And I am in no way offended. You are not the first guy to use that motive, I remember Jan had the same :) (45 seconds into this video: http://blip.tv/remiskinkerytter/presto-gp-where-everybody-knows-your-name-1667069)

And the skin looks nice artistically speaking

Bottom line, I think your skin is perfect :)

Thanks again for the comments guys :) I've finished off the nose now but unsure how to edit the driver suit as the template pack I used doesn't include this. I guess it would be ok to upload the main car skin and specular map without these extras including the helmet design and just accept whatever it will default to for now? (probably standard McLaren things). Also, is it easy to update just by sending an updated version and let the PrestoGP Updater do its stuff when anyone uses it, to update it further if need be?
:cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 123 7.4%
  • < 5 years