Season 7 round 1 Spa

thx for your congrats guys! My congrats to Tim and Vince for a very solid race to the podium and of course to all finishers! :)

I'm happy to see Tim in a good shape from the start of the season. :)

Here's my report.

Qualy (1st)

Believe me guys, I was afraid of super pole, too! My super pole in the practice race was a disaster (sooooo nervous). But it seems like the break caused by Andy cooled me down a little bit. Still nervous but under control I tryed not to over pace and did an unspectecular 1:42:0xx. I felt sorry for Christian R., who could have given me and Tim a good challenge but made a mistake in qualy. I'm sure we all will make mistakes in the future (me included), so it will become interesting...

Race (1st)

The race slightly seemed like a copy of the practice race. It looks like Spa gives me a good feeling when racing. The tricky sections keep concentration high all time, so it's easier to push all the time.

This was my 2-stops-strategy I wanted to go for:

1st stint: 16 laps - mediums - 80 liters (5 liters more to be able to drive one lap more if needed)
2nd stint: 16 laps - mediums - 75 liters
3rd stint: 11 laps - softs - 55 liters

In the race I had to adjust it a little bit because some situations forced me to do so.

I got a perfect start so I had Eau Rouge for me alone and could open a gap immediately. After some laps I noticed Tim had managed to get in 2nd behind me with a gap of ~8 seconds or so. It seemed he could go a little faster and lowered the gap slightly lap by lap. That put me under pressure and I was afraid he could manage a strategy with 3 stints each on softs. But I didn't dare to change anything and finally the gap frooze at ~ 4 seconds.

Close to the end of the 1st stint I slowly reached Anthony I. and Christian R. to lap them. But they had an intense fight (looked cool guys) and my tires were worn, so I decided not to lap them but to do my 1st pit stop at the end of lap 15. I don't realy remember if Tim pitted the same time with me but after some laps he was behind me in 2nd again with a gap of ~8 seconds. I was afraid that he could have a strategical ace like a 1 stopper or so, so I pushed hard again on my medium tires.

The gap was nearly consistant through the second stint and I liked to stop the second time at the and of lap 32 or 33. But Tim stoped earlier, so I stoped earlier too at the end of lap 30. Else he could have closed the gap to me when I was loosing time on the worn tires. But this way I was able to come back in front after stop number 2. :)

The last 12 laps on softs felt like qualifying. :) The car was stable all time and the better grip increased the fun. So I pushed every lap untill I finished the race in front of Tim with an increased gap.

I'm very happy to start the season with a victory and I'm glad that the finishing rate at all was ok (in my eyes). But I felt very sad for Andy and Nico who definitly deserved more. I hope your motivation stays high or raises again!

thx very much to everyone who let me lap very easy. Great awarness and fair play!

thx Nico, RD and MMG!

C U at Monza :)

I am fine with that if the race director takes this decision but it could be you next time you hit with the bad luck and the game kicks you out , are you sure you want to stay out?

Thanks guys for letting me in and saving my day with some fun racing with you, that is the main reason for us to be here and i wished Andy could join to save his day as well, i am sorry for taking your spot on the grid , i had in mind i was going to start from the back...

Anthony is right, it can happen to anyone and everyone was preparing hard for this event (I believe).

I just wondered why rejoining didn't put the driver at the back of the field. I think I never saw this before, did I?

On another note are we going to try and get everyone for next practise race ? to try full number of racers etc with andys problem last night to see if anyway of fixing etc ?
Maybe then we have a good idea before trying to correct come race day again.

Bulls eye!

A wize man once (2 weeks ago) said:
I hope everybody that are able to race that day sign up for this race. It is a very important race for many reasons:
-we are collectively trying to find out what race format is the best way to go.
-it will probably provide you with the best possible way of preparing for the main event.
-it is a great way to verify that the safety level is the same as where we left it in season 6 (or do we need drastic measures)

-it is always a bit scary going to a race with 25 drivers. Will the particular track cope with it, or will we have problems?

In short, the closer we get to 25 participants, the better it is.

We were 17 people at the practice race, some announced they were not able to participate while the rest just stayed silent.

Congratulations Reik, Tim, Vince and Jim :)

The plr. files is the same as yours Jim.
I realy haven't got an idea to fix this, so if anyone has an answer, would be great.
Thx Jim for trying to help me.

Andy.

Grats!
1.Reik Major1:43.9411:17:04.54125
2.Tim McIver1:44.3961:17:27.19620
3.Vincenzo Cavaliere1:46.7721:18:48.81017

Q: 1:49.292. I did a superb job all weekend and achieved my goal, P 21.

R: 8th
Valerio and Anthony_M made my pulse go on top capacity at once and we were already on lap 10 when Valerios tyres failed him. Peter, Nicolas and Eliezer changed positions a couple of times in front of me during those early laps. Peter opened a gap I never could close. I passed the wild gang in their pitstop but after that, the speed of Peter, Nicolai and Anthony among others made me look stationary.

From lap 10, Ramlow, Russell, Di Filippo, Tim, Nicolas, Sean, Alex and Zizzo took turns making me perspire heavily. You can say I had a lot to do there for a while.

Lap 18. Jim B Hawley and his group with Turnbull, Nicolai, Sean, Di Filippo and Vince came and overtook me before the end of lap 20. I had my whining engineer in my ears from 19th lap - “Your tires are getting worn” lol. So I had to, more or less, yield for the fast guys on same f****n lap.

Sadly - I got rather upset when I, just like in Melbourne last season, saw that same standing still wreck in the race line on the outside of a 330 km/h turn. This was on lap 19 and ended Nicolais race. I was touching the scrap too but I could go on.

On lap 22 I were in 8th place and had Peter far away in front and Nicolas close behind. I decided to pit. I came out in 12th between the two Cristians, Di Filippo and Ramlow.

Stint two was hectic. With new tires and same fuel load. I could go about the same speed as the others for a while. Alex overtook me but something happened to him, and like a hound, I got the scent of Sean that had some car trouble (I guess).

Nicolas was chasing me hard but had to pit one more time. After that I had a good gap, but he closed it a lot and secretly thought of overtaking me:)

Before finish in 42 laps I had passed Sean. That is the peak of my career up to now I think(J) :)

Thanks all for the first race of a fantastic new Presto GP Season created by our hard working hero - Nicolai:trophy:.

Last but not least. Andy!!! You can’t quit. Can you satisfy your F1 addiction in a better place?

Antony ye sos i didnt mean no rejoins for loss of connection if that happens much better to give the guy a chance to get back, i meant no leaving just to rejoin.

Valter ! ye lol i was struggling with tires right at end forgot about how close a finish it was nice stuff i couldnt hold on:).

Ye nico maybe we could have solved the problem before we came to spa :facepalm: if everyone could try and make next practise race monza, even if its just to join and fill up to see if no time to race, I suppose we could try this any time 25 drivers could make it. It would be good to try and correct it even before practise race :confused:

Thanks for the Congrast! Congrats to Reik, Tim excellent job.. and every racers too.

sorry, I don't have to much time, I am in :) vacation with my girl from 2 sep until 12 sep, there not internet no phone

So Sorry for Andy, Nico, Alex, Zizzo for computer issues, I know you feel, that is terrible :frown:

my race very good

Q: 10 some mistake 2 seg + my pb.
R: 3

my 1 stop strategy worked..

1st stint 19 laps - soft - 101 liters
2nd stint 24 laps - medium - 101 liters

Was nice race for me, the car was very heavy, I drove so gentle to save tire life, I receive two times messages for warm tire..
Nico, was nice seven laps, four attack!, I enjoyed that! :)
Jim I remember very well the pressure :)

guys! I love this sport, thanks everyone for race! Nico ThankS!

c u at Monza

I recommend Game Booster if there are popups and **** that makes the game minimize while racing.
And Microsoft Security Essentials is in my opinion a good choice. It's free of charge too. I use AVG free edition+Game Booster.
Sorry for criticising your game minimizing Zizzo, but I think it is every man's responsibility to prevent it from happening during a league race.

Team Sweden Valter and Kurt you are the best and pro team honestly , i am so impressed with the cool way you deal with all of your issues during the race with cool nerves and you keep pushing until the last second of the race without annoying anyone on track and at the end you write such a funny report that i could not hold my self from laughing ...

Full respect guys :):)...

Q: my brain does not switch on in the morning so P15 was the best to achieve..,sadly I sneaked to P11 when I rejoined the game, my apology once again for taking your spot :frown:..

R : 5
My car was not handling properly with the susp damage and made few mistakes when i was trying to keep up with Nicolai and at the same time defending the faster Macradic, i had a moment at the Rivage when I tried to brake behind Nicolai and scrubbed the wall, then again on lap 6 with the poor handling I lost the car at la source and hit the barrier, Macradic and Peter passed me, i was very slow at the first stint & i was mainly managing the gap to stay ahead of Nicolas who was catching me fast.

My first stop was on lap 13 for fuel, fixing damage and softs, I came out of the pit together with Ramlow who was right behind me, the fight started immediately, it was nice to drive a healthy car again but unfortunately the fight lasted couple of laps as Christain span at la source , then I start pushing to close the gap to Peter who was in P10 and was chasing Vince, so we had some good fight for few laps before I could make a move on him at les combes using the advantage of the slipstream J, after that I start chasing Vince and closed the gap when he found himself in a fight with Valter and soon i joined them in the fight on lap 22, Valter did not resist long as he was heavily struggling for grip and we both passed him at Rivage, the fight continued and few turns later Vince had a bit slow exit on stavelot , I made a quick pass on him as i was on 2 stop strategy and on lap 27 i was running in P4 but had one more stop to go..

Lap 29 my second stop , again fuel and softs and exited the pit in P6 and just ahead of Ramlow who pulled a quick late move at the back strait at les combes, another nice and interesting close fight with Ramlow that lasted up to lap 37, i could see Reik on the map closing on us in every lap and i had to do something as i would lose the fight with Ramlow if i start to see the blue flag up to let him pass and right when Reik was very close to us Ramlow made a mistake at the buss stop and i quikly made may pass and tried to open up a gap so I could let the champ through without exposing my position to Ramlow " thx champ for giving us the chance to keep the fight when lapping us :)" , all done good and i could bring my car home in P5 .

It was some good fun racing there today, unfortunately some of us was hit with bad luck especially Nico and Andy , sadly they missed the good fun ..

thx everyone :)

Anthony

Oops , I forgot to say congratulations to Reik , Tim and Vince :) welldone guys :)

hi all

the problem i feel me very **** !
thx all for the raccommend !

im very sry for what happen in race spa i bealive what is all ok later pratice race what i ask my parent big head on pc !!later i go see if is all ok and maeby touch any !! first than im on crash go on desktop normal than i try push fast tab plus alt and not work i know what maeby i be parking on track so i try go on green but alwais on desktop immagine so push esc still it not work fast and i think stay 3 or 4 sec how tipical disconnected !! too i go controll in my raplay but see my car what is parking in a best line for who go fast !! i want resolved this problem not wqant destroy race a another guys and too not want lose my race so !!

start preparated for spa 1 mosth first than race beacouse want be competitive how my unlachy season 6 and all go good new pb for me 1 41 8 and nice time lap race, set up its very sure drive 4 or 5 when happen the problem and feel what podium is sure !! go how go !think now for prepared for race monza set q is ready need work for race laps for hve sure driving ! i ask still my parent for my pb think what can repair it !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back