Season 7-Race9 Hungary Incident report

Valerio Vinassa

PrestoGP Veteran
Lost car in T15 and spin front David T.gone in sand and when come back on track I see Reik too late stop my car but middle of me was on track so Reik hit me ( better me on track in wrong place )
SORRY David T. and Reik

Lap19
Time : from 1698 to 1705

after this all ok

Lap 29 TS 2550 Peter and David T

Regaining the track after a off/ wide at Turn 4, Vincenzo slips past and I try to hold a tight line after re-entering around Turn 5. David appears to “bounced” off my car and spins to a halt.

I am very sorry you were disadvantaged. On my replay I see the “classic” air gap sync push. I never felt the collision but I did see you after in my mirrors. Unsure what had happened [not feeling anything] I continued with my race.

Sincere apologies David.

I haven't found the place on my replay yet, but I suspect something similar may have happened earlier involving Kurt at Turn 1. I will find this and report. Apologies Kurt if I disadvantaged you in any way.

- ts 137 : incident with Anthony. I braked too late at T2 and bumped into his rear. It's entirely my fault, and I'm very sorry mate. Fortunately, Anthony did not spin and I hope he had no damage.
- ts 3399 : incident with Valter. I braked too late at the chicane (T6) and ran into him, making him spin. It's again entirely my fault, I forgot to brake at my usual braking point, but it's easy to miss it when you're blinded by the spray. I'm really sorry our battle ended this way.
- ts 4934 : Sean was lapping me at T12 and I moved away from the racing line, but braked too lightly (my tires were very worn), and I hit him at the apex, sending him in the gravel. Hopefully, he didn't spin. Sorry mate.

-Sorry to Kurt when i was lapping Kurt slowed through turns 10 and 11 and i ran into his rear :( , really sorry Kurt hope no damage i seen in replay it did cost you a place, i thought you were going to let me by after the right turn, i should have tried to keep gap bigger through those turns just tim was right on me then to.
-No problem:cool: Nicolas I kind of seen it happening and slowed abit and car was ok :)

I know I saw Bob spin in my mirrors after following me closely at a time I was struggling to keep a clean line. I will have to check the replay on that one, but I am sorry anyway Bob for any part I had in that incident.

Also I crashed out of the race and lost a wheel almost half way into the race. I am very sorry for this, it was a poor display.

Unfortunatly I have been swamped with work the last days, and I am still not done, so I will do a more thourogh incident report and a race report this weekend.

Lap 2 - TS 237: little contact with Tim

In front of me Tim was following Sean into the blind uphill left hander. Both went wide and reentered the track on the right side before going into the following right hander. When they came back to the track on the right side, I got next to Tim on the left side to enter the next right hander side by side, letting Tim have the inside line of the right hander. In the last moment before turning in, Tim made a quick move to the left track side, maybe to enter the right hander in a better angle. So he pushed me off the track on the left.

For me it was no problem at all and a normal race incident. Maybe Tim didn't even notice or expect me there and continued unharmed. I lost one position.

Lap 19 - TS 1708: straight impact on Valerio

Lost car in T15 and spin front David T.gone in sand and when come back on track I see Reik too late stop my car but middle of me was on track so Reik hit me ( better me on track in wrong place )
SORRY David T. and Reik

No need to apology to me Valerio! :) I'd call it my own mistake, so I hope you could go on undamaged and I like to say SORRY to you!
When I left the chicane I saw you in the gravel there at the outside of the turn. The straight is very short and I was watching too long what is going on there, so I unfortunately missed the braking point, locked tyres and made a torpedo like impact on your side. I lost front wing and had to pit for a new one.
If I didn't make this stupid mistake, I would have past you on the inside line, which was held free by you. So again sorry mate!

I know I saw Bob spin in my mirrors after following me closely at a time I was struggling to keep a clean line. I will have to check the replay on that one, but I am sorry anyway Bob for any part I had in that incident.

Also I crashed out of the race and lost a wheel almost half way into the race. I am very sorry for this, it was a poor display.

Unfortunatly I have been swamped with work the last days, and I am still not done, so I will do a more thourogh incident report and a race report this weekend.

No incidents to report!
my spin has not to do, with You Nicolai.
I had the same luck, as you later, lost the car :-(

CYA next Race :)

Lap 18. Andy gave me a little tap and I go off. Nothing to get upset about in a rain race.
Lap 31. I slide wide in last turn and touch Nicolas, we both stay on track. Sorry pal.
Lap 38. Nicolas touches my rear and we both go off. That's racing a la Felmas and Lewham. <- BAD JOKE. And then we are even, right?

- ts 137 : incident with Anthony. I braked too late at T2 and bumped into his rear. It's entirely my fault, and I'm very sorry mate. Fortunately, Anthony did not spin and I hope he had no damage.

Unfortunately i received a suspension damage from that contact , i had a slow first stint and then i had to serve a long stop for repair that did hurt my strategy :( but that is fine Nicolas , a racing incident , at least i stayed on track and finished 6th :)...

Lap 18. Andy gave me a little tap and I go off. Nothing to get upset about in a rain race.
Lap 31. I slide wide in last turn and touch Nicolas, we both stay on track. Sorry pal.
Lap 38. Nicolas touches my rear and we both go off. That's racing a la Felmas and Lewham. <- BAD JOKE. And then we are even, right?

Sorry for that Valter, i braked a bit too late there, completly my fault.

- ts 3399 : incident with Valter. I braked too late at the chicane (T6) and ran into him, making him spin. It's again entirely my fault, I forgot to brake at my usual braking point, but it's easy to miss it when you're blinded by the spray. I'm really sorry our battle ended this way.
- ts 4934 : Sean was lapping me at T12 and I moved away from the racing line, but braked too lightly (my tires were very worn), and I hit him at the apex, sending him in the gravel. Hopefully, he didn't spin. Sorry mate.
We had a lot of fun Nicolas. Thanks for making the race interesting mate. I did more than a few blocking moves during our long fight. But that's what racing is all about, don't you agree?

We had a lot of fun Nicolas. Thanks for making the race interesting mate. I did more than a few blocking moves during our long fight. But that's what racing is all about, don't you agree?
Yes, indeed, I really liked our fight. :) You're a damn good pilot, who know how to defend! It was hard for me to make passing move : this track is so narrow, and the rain really spice the challenge. Outside the racing line, the grip was terrible. I waited for a mistake from you but you were very regular. I hope we'll have some other fights like this.

no problems vale, i sort of saw what was happening so took avoiding action, no harm done :)

no worries peter, your description sums it up nicely, a horrible sync issue and i was bumped off track from no one, its annoying but nothing peter done wrong, as you see on his video it doesnt even look like im there or contact is made, on mine its the same so not much can be done, as i said in the other thread im starting to think its my end so im going to have a mess with some things before next race and see what happens.

Yes, indeed, I really liked our fight. :) You're a damn good pilot, who know how to defend! It was hard for me to make passing move : this track is so narrow, and the rain really spice the challenge. Outside the racing line, the grip was terrible. I waited for a mistake from you but you were very regular. I hope we'll have some other fights like this.
You had the difficult job. I only had to drive as usual.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back