Season 7-Race8 Interlagos Incident report

I know with myself that I would be very careful to conclude with any abnormal behavior when the language (and culture) is so different.

Very well said mate! I hope we all have that in mind when communicating with so "different" people.

Unfortunatly there is no log of the chat, it is not possible in the dedicated server to save the chat logs.

I don't need a chat log to prove David tells the truth, because I trust him 100% (as I do for any other PrestoGP member). I'm sure David asked Gaetano not to cut, using very simple words. But considering Nicos words, I'm still not certain that Gaetano's "ha, ha" answer was meant to be disrespectful or ignorant, because I'm still not certain if Gaetano completely understood how serious your request was meant to be.

. This is how I understand the incident. I look forward to some interpretations from other drivers..

I am not expert here but hope my opinion brings some friendly hugs before today race :) .

From my point of view Tim managed his pass correctly and legally, the way the contact happened he was unlucky to spin after the contact and Geato was lucky to stay on track ( it reminds me of Villeneuve pass on Shumi at Syuzuka 1997 when Shumi went out, Villeneuve went to finish the race) ..having said that, i believe Tim pass was a bit of a brave move on this particular turn on the inside on lap 55 of the race , it did need some good judgment to make the apex correctly without sliding into the other car on worn tires but reading Tim's reports i could take the conclusion that Tim after watching Geatano for many laps he was confident taking that move relying on the more grip his car provided from his higher wings to manage his late braking on time for the apex as he was almost certain that Geatano with his lower wings will most likely to slow earlier for that turn.

From Geatano part it is clear that he did not expect Tim to do that move there and he was taking his racing line like normal , maybe because Tim tried before and they had the contact and therefore he was confident that Tim wont try gain? but i am sure Geatano had no intention to turn in on Tim on purpose to block him as any contact there would mean the car on the outside will most likely go of track but he was taking the best possible racing lane to have a better exit so he could stay ahead of Tim.

I believe it is a big frustration for someone who does not have the language to defend himself in a professional way and to say all what he has and argue his point of view regardless if he is right or wrong but this does not mean that he should cut the track and gain advantage and get away with it or ignore an incident that is not solved yet.

A friendly Presto way would be to put down this incident as a racing incident as no one had a bad intention behind any of the moves and would be great if we could work out something with Gaetano for any future communication , he is a nice bloke and a good member of our community....

i have not checked my race yet but i am sure i have done enough cuts to put me in the same guilty corner as Gaetano ..

lets have some good fun at Hungary ,,

Anthony

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%