Season 7-Race10 Valencia-Street Incident report

TS 4079 Tim Vs Peter
Small tap from behind at Bend 1 [lol]
Knocked me wide a little and I lifted losing the position.
I then watched a "mad man" bounce off the walls and run some interesting lines. [J].

No worries Tim. it was fun annoying you for a few laps. :)

Sorry Jim, terrible driving from me.

Sorry Peter, I wasn't aware of the touch, I'll check it out. Your description with my contact with the wall is very accurate.

Full incident report to come.

Some incidents to report

Lap1, contact with Tim, no worries mate, you braked a bit too late, couldn't stop in time, it happens, and I know how your feeling (see below)

Lap 3, I was trying to overtake Nicolas, I'd sorta succeded but Vale was just ahead of him and I tapped him around as I arrived at the apex a bit too quick, with Nicolas and Eliezer so close behind it went t**s up from there, Nicolas went over me and Vale, Eliezer had nowhere to go, It was a right mess:(

As I sat against the tyre wall looking back in the mirror at all the cars pointing all over the place, I pressed esc. in a fit of disapointment, I sat for a while with my head in my hands, I couldn't believe it, I don't know what to say other than SORRY

Really sorry guys:(

Jim

Video:

L10 turn 8. I try to go on the inside of Vince. We touch and both stay on track. Not a lot of difference in speed between the cars. I hope your "Santa Claus colored" car was unhurt after the caress mate:) I apologize for the over optimistic move. I couldn't resist the temptation:D but you won:)

Nothing else, huh?

Q : 10th..
R : DNF... out of fuel...

Did not have enough time to practice this track so I used Reik setup loaded with wings 6/26 to be safe if rain comes , meds with 70 litres fuel at the start just if I had to run longer than 15 laps and 2 stops strategy all meds. ...
The race was full of fun while it lasted , i gained a position at the start when i passed David M then couple of turns later David got it back when he pulled a late braking pass and muscled his way through J, after that it was a long and interesting chase to catch David M with Vince and valter right behind me.

On lap 15 I did a small mistake and was out of shape, Vince passed me and right after that I saw in my mirror a car spinning, I did not feel anything but it seems that Sean hit those small humps on the side of the track...

I pitted on lap 15 and while I was adjusting the menu for the meds with fuel for 13 laps as I had additional fuel on board I turned off the fuel request by mistake , I got my tires changed but no fuel added, I tried to reverse and called my pit crew out but no one came out....race over..

Congratulation David for a superb win, and to Geatano and Riek for podium and for all survivors..:)

Thanks Nico for a great season.:)

Thanks for Daniel, it was fun skidding at the warm up session..:)

my little video

And .....Achmed the terrorist :)

- ts 407-412 (lap 3) : see Jim report. No problem Jim, it happens. I was able to continue racing at least. I hope we'll have DRS some day to ease overtaking on this kind of track.
- ts 468 (lap 4) : I hit Eliezer when he was spinning at T8. I couldn't avoid it.
- ts 1473 (lap 14) : Reik, who had lapped me, had spun after T3 and was regaining speed at the left of the track. I saw him and though he was letting me pass before him at T4, but he didn't and we hit wheel against wheel. I think it's just a misunderstanding between us. I only have a 4:3 screen and I didn't him coming on my left, but I intend to replace it with a 16:9 so I hope I'll have better visibility in this kind of situation.

First of all I want to say sorry for not posting earlier here. I still had no time yet to watch the replay of the race, so I try to remember the important things being at work now.

- ts 1473 (lap 14) : Reik, who had lapped me, had spun after T3 and was regaining speed at the left of the track. I saw him and though he was letting me pass before him at T4, but he didn't and we hit wheel against wheel. I think it's just a misunderstanding between us. I only have a 4:3 screen and I didn't him coming on my left, but I intend to replace it with a 16:9 so I hope I'll have better visibility in this kind of situation.

I'm very sorry for being a pain in your a** this race. :( I also immediately felt it was a missunderstanding. That's why I didn't wait and let you pass me, because you would then have had to let me lap you again. In a battle for position I would have done so.

My tires were worn very much so I spun short time after lapping you. I could hear you comming quickly so I decided to let you go through before the naxt chicane. But in the second moment it seemed like you don't want to unlap yourself and wait for me to reenter in front of you. When we both entered the chicane I realized that I was wrong so I could only try to stay as close to the apex as possible, which I did. But as you idn't expect me there, we had a slight collision. Sorry again mate!

I had some other very bad mistakes in front of you which may have cost you some seconds. :( I also want to apology for that!

Else I only remember my first lap mistake, when I braked to late behind David T. before the bridge. I had to go wide not to hit David and when I came back there crossed some crashing cars my way. They didn't hit me and I think I rejoined the pack in a safe way, but I'm afraid I could have confused someone and therefore cause that incident. Did I do so???

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 409 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 321 12.9%