Season 7 Race 9 Hungary - Weather

Hello all.

After some posts in the ”small adjustments..” thread I've decided to change the structure a bit for this race. Instead of having the realistic based ”chance of it raining at any point during a day” we're having ”chance of it raining at any point during a session ” instead. And I'm tweaking the values a bit aswell.

So here we have the first forecast for the hungarian event:

The change of rain during a session is 30 %. It most often comes as longer rains, and not so much as showers. Light to medium intensity.

The second forecast will be posted on tuesday next week at 19.00 UTC, which is 19 o'clock UK time, and 20 o'clock central european time (CET).

Hope you're ok with us testing this layout for this event. Gimme some feedback on what you think :)

------------------------

Hi everybody.

I'm testing to split up the forecast on the sessions instead of the days.

Here is the second forecast for Hungaroring:

Practice: A long lasting rain seems to be passing over Budapest at the time of the first session. It starts about 2 hours before the session starts. It may stop and clear up towards the end of the session. About medium intensity.

Qualifying: Cloudy, and there may be some small showers following the first rain over the rest of the day, which makes it risk for rain during qualifying.

Warmup: A rain front is approaching, but shouldn't hit before or during the warmup.

Race: The rain mentioned above will start before the race and will last 2 to 4 hours, so the race will very likely be affected by rain. Medium to light intensity.

I like it, thanks a lot Daniel :)

Can I deduct from what you are saying that there is no relevans between the sessions (e.g. that if it rains in q or not does not affect the chance of rain in race), and therefore a (1-(0,7^2))=51% chance that we will have rain in qual and/or race?

Can I deduct from what you are saying that there is no relevans between the sessions (e.g. that if it rains in q or not does not affect the chance of rain in race), and therefore a (1-(0,7^2))=51% chance that we will have rain in qual and/or race?

Yes, you're correct.

Maybe we want to change this a bit for future events. It would make sence to have some correlation between the sessions.

Maybe we want to change this a bit for future events. It would make sence to have some correlation between the sessions.

Of course it would make sense. On the other hand it would not be unrealistic if it rains in one session in the morning and some hours later in qualy it doesn't... Finally changing weather at all would mean some fun and changes during a session even more.

Hi everybody.

I'm testing to split up the forecast on the sessions instead of the days.

Here is the second forecast for Hungaroring:

Practice: A long lasting rain seems to be passing over Budapest at the time of the first session. It starts about 2 hours before the session starts. It may stop and clear up towards the end of the session. About medium intensity.

Qualifying: Cloudy, and there may be some small showers following the first rain over the rest of the day, which makes it risk for rain during qualifying.

Warmup: A rain front is approaching, but shouldn't hit before or during the warmup.

Race: The rain mentioned above will start before the race and will last 2 to 4 hours, so the race will very likely be affected by rain. Medium to light intensity.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%