Season 7 Race 6 A1 Ring post race

Be cautious of what you install. It’s hard to know how the installation will affect your system. As you may know applications depend on library files, for example C or VB runtime files. Installations can ruin any system if they overwrite such system files with older versions. An installation can change any key in registry too. Anyone can make his own installation and share it on the net. Some simpler installation tools are free to use, and I suspect there is a lot not so well thought through stuff out there to download.

Congrats to Sean and Gaetano for completing the podium and also to all finishers who earned some very well deserved points. :cool:

Qualify (1st):

For some reasons I wasn't that nervous as I'm usually in super pole. I pushed hard in the out lap to get a feeling for the very slightly damp track (at least damp besides the racing line?). For the timed lap I decided to drive a little bit more careful than usually but therefore as precise as possible, because the grip on the racing line was much better than beside it. It worked very well and I ended up on pole with a 1:06:6xx with a 0,2 seconds gap to Sean in second position.

Race (1st):

Here's the 2-stop-strategy I planned to use and exactly did in the race.

1st stint: 24 laps - 77 liters - soft compound
2nd stint: 24 laps - 77 liters - soft compound
3rd stint: 13 laps - 42 liters - super soft compound

It’s very interesting to read that some guys did all three stints on super softs!

I had a very good start and therefore T1 for my own. In the mirror I saw David T. spin on the inside of T1 and Tim slip through into P2. I was glad to see on the standings that everyone could go on without many problems. I'm also happy that David finished in a very good 4th position though.

Now I was under pressure of Tim for the whole first stint. The gap was always between 1 and 3 seconds, so I was forced to drive without any mistake. That was exciting and exhausting at the same time, because there was no mistake allowed. Very well done Tim!

Tim was 3 seconds behind me when he stopped at the end of lap 21 or so. I was sure that he could steal my P1 if I go on with worn tires until I pit after 24 laps to stay with my strategy. So for a short while I was wondering if I should follow him next lap and change strategy to 3 equal stints all on softs. But I decided to stay with my strategy and give him a chase then (at least in the 3rd stint on super softs). I pushed the tires hard until I came in after 24 laps and the stop itself worked pretty well. So to my surprise I came back on the track in 1st position, again 3 seconds in front of Tim.

Now the second stint was a carbon copy of the first one. A great chase by Tim garnished with some tricky lapping maneuvers.

I like to add here, that each lapping maneuver was very safe for me. So thank you all for the awareness. I also like to point out that no one needs to worry I could loose some time behind him! That's racing and I wouldn't be angry loosing a position because of a lapping maneuver. I prefer to wait behind someone until the next straight offers a safe place instead of being forced to lap during a tricky section of corners. Be sure I take care of you!...

When Tim came into the pits for the second time (I think end of lap 42 or so) I had opened a gap to approximately 9 seconds to him. So again I had to be smooth but quick on my worn softs until the end of lap 48. When I came in I expected Tim to overtake me and I was awaiting a nice fight on super softs for the last 13 laps. But somehow I came back on track in P1 with a 9 seconds lead. That surprised me but could be due to a smooth stop with refueling only 42 liters.

The gap stayed consistent but I still didn’t feel safe, because one mistake could mean a DNF at this track. In the middle of the 3rd stint suddenly Tim was out of the race. At that moment I didn’t know the reason but I felt very, very sorry for him, because his chase on me deserved to be rewarded with P2 in the end.

To keep the last laps exciting and not to make a mistake because of not being focused anymore I tried to squeeze out the super softs, also to get some useful data how much the wear. And so I finished in 1st with a comfortable gap to Sean who was now in second and also deserves this result very much.

I have to give in that A1 Ring wasn’t the most wanted track by me but it was a challenge to race there and I’m glad that many drivers had close racing throughout the whole race.

Thx very much to Nicolai, RD and MMG – as always it was a pleasure to race with this mod in this league!

PS: I like the new point system. When looking at the standings it feels good to see the close battle between all drivers.

Sounds like you all had a good race, wish I could've been there! My first time on this track since it was available on the servers and must admit, I took a great likening to this track and didn't take me that long to get kinda used to it. My problems are now sorted, thank goodness!

Just read a few that posted about freezes and graphical problems, my other pc which has a 280GTX does this from time to time, occasionally it freezes then when it comes back to life, all the colours are messed up. Just thought i'd mention, that in the past, I found a way to, not stop it from happening but to reset all the colours back to normal without reloading the game; All you have to do is ALT+TAB back to windows then go back to the game again and it forces a reload of the textures (at least, it does to in my case).

So just a note for others to try while they're sat in the pits waiting for the timer to tick down if it happens during a race. However, I don't get such glitches on my new pc thankfully which has a 580GTX :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next race!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back