Season 7 Race 5 Hockenheim post race

I do feel David's frustration but I think this season penalties are just not happening. I would suggest that Nico's hope and belief would be considerably more hopefully if Gaetano let us know that he does understand the rules and is sorry for his infringements last race. Based on what we have heard so far, it seems Gaetano doesn't believe he is in the wrong. I'm not sure anything will change unless this issue is resolved with everyone understanding the rules.

i was badly frustrated tim, i watched him in my rear view mirror for so many laps he broke the rules, to the point he was gaining about 1 sec per lap on me, i had no chance to defend him, i got so wound up about what id type here after the race that i made a mistake and he got past, once behind him i had no chance to get close again due to the amount of time he was gaining with his wides.

worst thing is id told him for a week on the 5 lap server that his lines were breaking the rules, he didnt want to know, and laughed when i said to him about it, his usual reply was "bla bla bla" he obviously doesnt know or doesnt care hes breaking the rules, im going for the later explanation.

not happy with this, he intentionally cut/wide 3 corners of the tack, at least 2 times per lap, that adds upto 112 cut/wides in the race, sorry but thats not on, he should receive some form of penalty for that behavior and for the excuses hes came out with he doesnt deserve to keep all the points he cheated to earn at hockenheim, if hes so laggy then lower the graphics options or turn down visible cars, graphics problems are not an excuse for cheating.

The cheating has been done, there is nothing we can do to reverse that and the points are written in stone, we all know that. The only thing I/we can do is to exclude him from the league. That is the way PrestoGP works; either you are in and self regulate or you are deemed not fit for the league.

It is not the first time that somebody in our league have broken the rules without receiving any penalty and received a second chance. Also, remember that Gaetano is (less than?) half your age.

EDIT: The above was written before the last posts of Tim and David.
I agree that what is needed is a confirmation that Gaetano admits to what he did. Due to language problems I suggested Vale could act as a "middle-man", and so he did.
I spoken with Gaetano about last race about cut no cut wide no wide, he know that run wide in T1 ,was so for his driving style
For me this means that Gaetano admits that him running wide in t1 was due to his driving and nothing else. I agree that in a perfect world we would want more, but instead of waisting more time on this I think it is more effective to just see if it happens again or not.

I admit I take this lightly, probably because his crimes has small consequences relative to somebody being crashed out. So, either he corrects this in the future or he is expelled, simple as that. And if you wish you can define this as a penalty, he has used one chance and is one step closer to being expelled.

thats fine with me nico, i wasnt meaning anything like expelling him from the league, i was meaning maybe not taking part in superpole next race or a self imposed stop n go, something to take away some enjoyment from his next race after all we're all loosing something having to discuss this AGAIN! not like hes a new guy this convo has come up plenty times before.

p.s i didnt know he was so young, what age is he?, might go someway to explain his disregard of the rules

young + rules = rebel, weve all done it lol

p.s i didnt know he was so young, what age is he?, might go someway to explain his disregard of the rules

young + rules = rebel, weve all done it lol

I'm guessing around 15? I believe he is using his dad's computer at least :)

Gaetano, I have no idea what your situation is right now, do you think we are a bunch of old idiots that have no respect for you, perhaps you do not wish to race more in Presto GP after all that has happened? I for one am hoping that you will continue racing with us, it would be a shame if this would lead to you withdrawing from the league. I get worried when I see no activity from you.

Everybody are allowed to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them and move forward. Remember, debates and arguements is what brings us forward and makes us stronger (if handled constructively :) )

I agree! Please fine tune your attitude Gaetano and stay with us. :wink: We need quick drivers like you and you are allways very welcome here like everyone else who respects our rules. I'm sure you are able to handle it and to become even quicker in the future without a need of cutting or going wide regularly. :cool:

About Gaetano: I told him when we were practicing I noticed that when you make that maneuver could be subject to the complaints but he told me that he did not lose time, I think he earned it so he was convinced no intention of stealing, but the regulation does not overcome the line has not respected it can sometimes happen, but then not all revolutions Gaetano must commit to respect the lines by changing his set-up because all have committed to do so you're a good guy more involved in complying with the lines for not having useless discussions and fun friendly :)

Nice video Reik and if I may add, nice to see you were chasing someone; at least for a while. :) Well done Sean! :)

thx Peter! I hope to get more battles soon. :) Sean was very quick at this stage of the race... A1 Ring is very short, so the lap times come close together. Will become very interesting.

A Successful try Reik , i liked the suspension part lol.. :)..

thx Anthony. I hope I find the time to make more such vids in the future. :)

Ye nice vid reik :trophy:, i hope i can bring fight better A1 for more than just the 10 laps :cool:, In practise i manage 19 laps quite easily with wear but i was pushing early i think i did alot faster times than i did in practise to, so may have affected wear.
Ive tried alot more race prep for A1 and pushing in practise stints to make sure of tire wear. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back